Carlos Tevez (42 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Bony also kept Swansea City up last season and who the hell is Bony?

Don't get me wrong but what stands out the most about him is how he gives his all, old school style. He's explosive and tough and would leave the pitch bleeding like it was nothing.

All in all, He's talented but not special-talented and can only do so much due to his limitations as a striker. But hey, it's easy to love the guy.

would you say muller is not special talented?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
would you say muller is not special talented?
5 years ago i'd probably say no but today it's a different story. He's a super intelligent player who always seems to be in the right place at the right time, the way he reads where the ball is going to end up is brilliant. He's the perfect example of a striker who might lack some important elements for the role he plays but absolutely excels at all the others.

Yes... To me, for what he's done for both Club and Country, he's indeed special.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
5 years ago i'd probably say no but today it's a different story. He's a super intelligent player who always seems to be in the right place at the right time, the way he reads where the ball is going to end up is brilliant. He's the perfect example of a striker who might lack some important elements for the role he plays but absolutely excels at all the others.

Yes... To me, for what he's done for both Club and Country, he's indeed special.
see imo tevez is the same way, his intangibles push him into special talent status

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
see imo tevez is the same way, his intangibles push him into special talent status
I see what you mean, irmao. But what makes Muller that special are his achievements. I already consider him a German legend for what he's done for his country and the fucker is only 24 years old. :D Imagine what he would have achieved by the time he retires.

This is imo what differs him from Tevez and what makes one special and the other not. Special to me is someone who will be remembered as one of the very very best of his time, say, 20 years from now. I don't think Tevez will be remembered as more than just a good player.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I see what you mean, irmao. But what makes Muller that special are his achievements. I already consider him a German legend for what he's done for his country and the fucker is only 24 years old. :D Imagine what he would have achieved by the time he retires.

This is imo what differs him from Tevez and what makes one special and the other not. Special to me is someone who will be remembered as one of the very very best of his time, say, 20 years from now. I don't think Tevez will be remembered as more than just a good player.
tevez won everything(and more) muller won except for the world cup, and had he been called up this summer he just might have. fyi muller is not one of the best of our time, hes a special players but his name wont come up in a top ten, heck hes not even the best player in his team.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
tevez won everything(and more) muller won except for the world cup, and had he been called up this summer he just might have. fyi muller is not one of the best of our time, hes a special players but his name wont come up in a top ten, heck hes not even the best player in his team.
There's a 6 year age difference between the players.

I don't care about top ten's. There was a time when International Football dictated who were the best, in fact, all - or almost all - Football legends made their name playing for their country at International level. I understand the WC and Continental tournaments don't really weight that much on decisions like that as it used to do in the past but i'd like to believe it still does to some extent. I know there's Messi, Ronaldo and other players who are the exceptions to this but it still is the greatest achievement a Footballer could have. Messi will cry to sleep for the rest of his life and will never forget how they could have won that title, you can be sure of that.

He's been brilliant in two WCs in a row and greatly helped his team at the most important times, when it really mattered. And as i already said, is still young and can do so much more.

Oh, and by best, you have to take so much into consideration, it's not only about one's talent but what one's done through out one's career. We can't really say he isn't one of the best of his generation when there's a big chance of him achieving many more personal and club/country trophies. This is something we'll only know in the future.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I have seen him play. A great, prolific striker in the Argentinian leagues. Tevez is and always will be levels above him, this is a striker who failed at mid table Spanish clubs (broken leg aside).
You only know Palermo if you constantly watched SA Football in the late 90 and early 00's but let's be honest, we both know you didn't. Maybe you did see an older Palermo at the end of his career but that wouldn't be fair to the comparison.

Just because Tevez had a more successful career overseas it doesn't automatically makes him a better player. Riquelme flopped in Spain too, so what, he was still amazing. And in those times there was still top football in that continent. I would not rate Tevez above Palermo when comparing Argentine strikers.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
If someone had seen Tevez perfomances with Boca, previous years, surely he had seen something very special on him.
Now he is around 30 years old he hasn't the pace of the past years or the dribble but he still has the characteristic which made him ''special''. Hardworking, mind, vision. With Manchester City, he just stayed back for many reasons.
Seriously, Aguero on my mind is nothing in front of Apache.

Guys we talk for someone who has won everything on club stage : Libertadores, UCL and the league with EVERY TEAM. What Aguero has achieved? I'm laughing.

Tevez proves the difference that can make a transfer of a class player like him.

- - - Updated - - -

Palermo on Tevez level :rofl: what the $#@!…this forum pulls out some gems sometimes

Tevez in his peak was streets better than Aguero as well.
Shame on you.
Titan is love, is passion.

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #5,835
    If someone had seen Tevez perfomances with Boca, previous years, surely he had seen something very special on him.
    Now he is around 30 years old he hasn't the pace of the past years or the dribble but he still has the characteristic which made him ''special''. Hardworking, mind, vision. With Manchester City, he just stayed back for many reasons.
    Seriously, Aguero on my mind is nothing in front of Apache.

Guys we talk for someone who has won everything on club stage : Libertadores, UCL and the league with EVERY TEAM. What Aguero has achieved? I'm laughing.

Tevez proves the difference that can make a transfer of a class player like him.
    :tup::tup::tup:

Tevez is far superior to Aguero

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
    Jun 2, 2007
    He was trying to close down the defender, then loses his balance, and then he's like, "$#@! it. I'll just throw my face in front of the ball since I'm crazy".
    He was absolutely mental tonight! everywhere on the pitch and getting those 2 goals,at crucial moments too.. Another I saw was that he really was giving everything, he did this dive head first to try and block, even though the Malmo player managed to dribble past him, but he dove in head first along the ground to anticipate the pass and block the ball, I was laughing but clapping at the same time, as it proved how much he is willing to give it for Juve..

Fantastic performance, for everything, even his robot dance was awesome!!!
    I saw that! awesome sh!t!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)