Carlos Alcaraz (3 Viewers)

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
transfer fees are regularly paid in multiple installments, it's standard procedure. only buyout prices have to be paid at once.

some journos speculate that the intention is to negotiate a lower fee even if the guy turns out to be a hit. also we'll have more $$$ at disposal from next season with the cl (and the seasons after with sl hopefully)
If he will be hit, Soton won't lower the price. He will demand high salary and that's the point when we look for another option. A minimum 20m/year amortization cost plus salary is too much for juve

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Southampton's decision to loan Carlos Alcaraz to Italian side Juventus "suits everyone", says boss Russell Martin.
The Argentine joined Saints from Racing Club in January 2023 but could not help them avoid relegation despite scoring four times in 18 Premier League games.
However, the 21-year-old midfielder has managed only three goals in 23 Championship games this season.
"It's an amazing opportunity for him to go and play for a huge club with huge history," said Martin.
Alcaraz - known as Charly - has only completed 90 minutes three times in the league this season and has played 14 minutes in the two Championship matches since the turn of the year.
Serie A giants Juventus will reportedly have an option to buy Alcaraz for around £40m in the summer.
"He's a player who's probably been a bit frustrated with the minutes he's played recently," Martin told BBC Radio Solent.
"We signed Joe Rothwell early and have Joe Aribo coming back. We were really aware of interest in Charly from a few clubs in January.
"If he had stayed, no problem, but he's ended up going. I think it suits everyone, I think Charly wants to play more and he has the chance to go and make an impression at a huge football club."
Director of football Jason Wilcox added: "Juventus are a huge club and we are convinced that this move will allow Charly the opportunity to flourish and then come back and be a success at Southampton."

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
If he will be hit, Soton won't lower the price. He will demand high salary and that's the point when we look for another option. A minimum 20m/year amortization cost plus salary is too much for juve
Neither will we, because nobody has ever fucking seen him play any football :lol:

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
When Alcaraz (the cherry) came on, it felt like the cherry on the cake of such a crap performance. Regardless, I'm more excited about what he can offer for us, I'm sure it'll be 100 times better than what Miretti does on a weekly basis at this point.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt that it will be that low, especially if he does well here, and if he doesn’t then there’s no point in wasting that type of transfer fee for a depth player, but i guess at least there seems to be an clear intent from us to eventually lower it.

Aug 2, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt that it will be that low, especially if he does well here, and if he doesn’t then there’s no point in wasting that type of transfer fee for a depth player, but i guess at least there seems to be an clear intent from us to eventually lower it.
The whole deal is strange as fuck

Loan with option at 45mil or 50mil is high as fuck for an unknown playing as bench warmer in the second division.

If he does very well here, it is because of what he managed to improve with this team
Then.. basically, it is like we want to take the option, but have to negotiate the price.. to what?
30 or 35? Why then other clubs wont join the race?

Accepting 45/50 for a bench warmer was wrong

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)