Carlos Alcaraz (7 Viewers)

Jun 27, 2011
I've spoken with people, who think Alcaraz has incredible potential. And people who watched games with Southampton all say this kid caught their eye.

Which makes me wonder if this signing is better than most here think.

A 19 year old Argentinian prospect. Who exploded onto the scene in Argentina with Racing. For whatever reason, ended up in Southampton. Who were really quick to grab him.

He had a very promising start in the premier league. Goals against Arsenal and others.

Hasn't been particularly impressive in the Championship division under new manager, Russell Martin who doesn't know how to utilize him, as he's a mezzala.

Exactly the type of player we're missing. Someone that brings technical abilities to our otherwise flat midfield zone.
This is the kind of signing that allows us to seek through the middle more. Which makes us not as sterile.

If we're prepared to pay 40-50m for this kid. It means they rate him highly. So much so that they're prepared to bet on the fact that scooping him up now, before other more economically stronger clubs get involved, with big option clause is better than competing in the summer.

If Southampton gets promotion to the premier league. He won't get cheaper.

If this kid becomes the player some think he can become. A 40/50m deal paid in three years becomes very acceptable.

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he plays against Inter.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I've spoken with people, who think Alcaraz has incredible potential. And people who watched games with Southampton all say this kid caught their eye.

A 19 year old Argentinian prospect. Who exploded onto the scene in Argentina with Racing. For whatever reason, ended up in Southampton. Who were really quick to grab him.

He had a very promising start in the premier league. Goals against Arsenal and others.

Hasn't been particularly impressive in the Championship division under new manager, Russell Martin who doesn't know how to utilize him, as he's a mezzala.

Exactly the type of player we're missing. Someone that brings technical abilities to our otherwise flat midfield zone.
This is the kind of signing that allows us to seek through the middle more. Which makes us not as sterile.

If we're prepared to pay 40-50m for this kid. It means they rate him highly. So much so that they're prepared to bet on the fact that scooping him up now, before other more economically stronger clubs get involved, with big option clause is better than competing in the summer.

If this kid becomes the player some think he can become. A 40/50m deal paid in three years becomes very acceptable.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Dusan Vlahovic, and now Carlos Alcaraz. Just shows how much pull Allegri has on world class talents and superstars.

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020

I doubt that we will excercise the option, even if we get scudetto.
That figure is the price for Serie A top 3 MVP. That's why we barely complaint about signing bremer for the same figure.
Even if he then become MVP, he will have the bargain to ask higher salary. Maybe at least 5m.
With financial restraint we will look for another option.

Jun 27, 2011
I doubt that we will excercise the option, even if we get scudetto.
That figure is the price for Serie A top 3 MVP. That's why we barely complaint about signing bremer for the same figure.
Even if he then become MVP, he will have the bargain to ask higher salary. Maybe at least 5m.
With financial restraint we will look for another option.
I think the plan is to exercise the option. They even negotiated the option could be paid in three years. That sounds like a deal with intention to me.
It's 16m a year, for three years.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think the plan is to exercise the option. They even negotiated the option could be paid in three years. That sounds like a deal with intention to me.
And when you look at the history with Guintoli attempting to sign him in the past while at Napoli, it would seem strange he targeted him in the mercato again if he did not have any intention at all to sign this guy permanently if Alcaraz impresses over the next 4 months.

Jul 2, 2006
but but but Tuz tell me Guintoli is incompetent retard and this terrible deal
also a swindler and yes, this is a terrible deal. you can't make this numbers up. look at their forum page, their fans were concerned about if they are gonna recoup that 14 million they paid for him a year ago.

that is where the guy who pay 50+ million for this kid has to go.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
transfer fees are regularly paid in multiple installments, it's standard procedure. only buyout prices have to be paid at once.

some journos speculate that the intention is to negotiate a lower fee even if the guy turns out to be a hit. also we'll have more $$$ at disposal from next season with the cl (and the seasons after with sl hopefully)

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Hasn't been particularly impressive in the Championship division under new manager, Russell Martin who doesn't know how to utilize him, as he's a mezzala........
Because we have a coach which strongest side is utilising players qualities? Just think about Locateli, Chiesa, Vlahovic, Kostic, etc...

Jul 2, 2006
Pogba, Marchisio, Tevez, Pjanic, Mandzukic, Rabiot etc...

Two can play this game.

If there's a position Allegri knows how to utilize, it's a mezzala.
yeah, don't start that game. Pogba and Marchisio were already established top class midfielders before him, Pjanic did not even play mezzala and for one player that did well under him, you can find 10 that did suck or got offloaded because of his cluelessness before they can be useful like Coman, Kulusevski, Dragusin, Barrenechea and Soule.

Jun 27, 2011
yeah, don't start that game. Pogba and Marchisio were already established top class midfielders before him, Pjanic did not even play mezzala and for one player that did well under him, you can find 10 that did suck or got offloaded because of his cluelessness before they can be useful like Coman, Kulusevski, Dragusin, Barrenechea and Soule.
Your comments always remind me of the comments the kids make on youtube comment section, for whatever reason.
We'll see how Alcarez does, and how well Allegri utilises him.
Let's hope you continue being wrong, so he'll flourish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)