Carlo Ancelotti (2 Viewers)

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
I like witty banter, but sarcasm and hostility on this forum I never did. You know I have a sense of humour, Ian. All of my posts since I have been back have been funny and meant to bring a smile.

If someone is going to take shots at me, I don't want to respond to that. I won't add to the hostility that drove a lot of old timers away from here. I come back in the spirit of peace and love and kindness...and all the hippie stuff that comes with it! :D I'm not looking for anything more. :hand extended to Ian in peace: !

That said, back on topic, I used to refer to Ancelotti's time with us, mockingly, ;) as Carlo's Reign of Terror! Let's face it: a guy who has as much talent as he had at Juve, and now has at Milan, who can't win a title has got to have some problems as a coach. Maybe it's motivation. Maybe it's his rotation system. Maybe it's his style of play. I never knew at Juve, it just frustrated me. His doing basically the same thing at Milan proves Juve was not a fluke. He even managed to drive a wedge between Inzaghi and Sheva, like he did between Inzaghi and Alex.

So, with that much to work with, I can't understand why with two top clubs now, he can't get consistent results. The only thing that is the same about Juve and Milan is Carlo. I don't think it's a huge leap to call his coaching into question.

Though...I do rather like the job he is doing at Milan. :devil: ;) But that's just the Juventina in me talking. :cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
You do have a point about Carlo being an underachiever, but he certainly doesn't hurt his teams to much either, and he has taken Milan pretty far in the CL.

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
Yes yes. Doesn't hurt. Technically. But he broke my heart season after season of defensive crap when we didn't have to play that way. :broken:

I still take Inter over Milan now, however. And I don't think that much of Cuper either. :D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jules ] ++
Yes yes. Doesn't hurt. Technically. But he broke my heart season after season of defensive crap when we didn't have to play that way. :broken:

I still take Inter over Milan now, however. And I don't think that much of Cuper either. :D
We are an Italian team, it's genetic for Juve to play defensive, regardless of the coach.

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
Yes, but there are degrees, Ian. And Carlo's subs were always of a far more negative variety than most I have seen.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jules ] ++
Yes, but there are degrees, Ian. And Carlo's subs were always of a far more negative variety than most I have seen.
Negative variety? How can a substitution be negative?

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
It's negative int he sense that he plans to try to hold on to a fragile lead. How many times did he do that at Juve with disastrous results? No, I don't have the numbers, but I remember being disappointed a lot.

If a team is winning, keep the winners out there unless they are hurt. Don't change the momentum when the momentum is your own.

Jul 12, 2002
I don't know, seems to me that it works for him, otherwise he wouldn't still be a professional coach at the highest level...

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
See, I don't understand why he is coaching at this level. :confused: The only way to really settle this is if he got to coach a mediocre team and see how he does with that. All I am saying is, with the talent he had, he should have won something in the last 5 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)