Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (57 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Chiellini will get injured by when? End of Euros? End of next serie A season? When?
Anytime during the next season.

- - - Updated - - -

and then we will suck because the alternatives are all worse. face it Elvin, Chiellini is still a starter for this team
Because others can't get 5 freaking games in a row together ffs: Chiellini is a starter, starts 3 games, gets injured, comes back starts again, gets injured again, rinse repeat.
When the fuck are others supposed to get consistency/stability?

Yes he is still our best CB perhaps but we need to move past him, learn to play without him because, again, he WILL be sidelined when we need most.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Easiest renewal ever if he still has the motivation to carry on. Would be incredibly stupid to not renew, the pay to performance ratio is great with Chiello.
Yeah big no brainer. I have no idea why there is even a discussion. If he doesn't wanna retire renew him for a year. He is overqualified great depth for CB. Won't demand starting spot, will be injured on and off, but when he is available will give you committed world class service. Premium depth.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...When the fuck are others supposed to get consistency/stability?...
when chiello is out with a more serious injury? see the beginning of our sarri season: de ligt got into the starting lineup right away, and he was a starter even when everyone else was available. then demiral became a starter under sarri too - and he got injured. and he's 20 years younger than chiellini. and he couldn't get any continuity during last season, because he got injured multiple times. and i repeat, he's a teenager compared to chiellini. he's supposed to be made of fucking iron, and he's not.

dude, injuries happen in sport. regardless of these, chiellini is one of our cheapest and best players. just enjoy his last season, and stop complaining about a non issue. zero world class talents get benched because of chiellini. if they were better, they would play, like de ligt was preferred over bonucci at the end of last season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah big no brainer. I have no idea why there is even a discussion. If he doesn't wanna retire renew him for a year. He is overqualified great depth for CB. Won't demand starting spot, will be injured on and off, but when he is available will give you committed world class service. Premium depth.
And that’s perfectly fine. I’m cool with giving him another year. But my point would be we can’t let near to retiring players dictate when they want to leave the club or retire. At some point you need to part ways and free up wage space.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
plus you have his leadership and locker room presence. can’t put money on that sort of thing

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yes he is still our best CB perhaps but we need to move past him
Impeccable logic.

And that’s perfectly fine. I’m cool with giving him another year. But my point would be we can’t let near to retiring players dictate when they want to leave the club or retire. At some point you need to part ways and free up wage space.
There are a lot of players on our team where that is a perfectly valid point. Chiellini isn't one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)