Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (44 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Chiellini: 'Me and Buffon will never be a problem, Elvin'

Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini said his and Gianluigi Buffon’s renewals ‘haven't and never will be a problem’ for the Old Lady.
The Bianconeri centre-back spoke to Sky Sport Italia about his and Buffon’s current situation at the Allianz Stadium.
The two veterans are on expiring deals and are currently not negotiating with the club.

“During the international break, my renewal and that of Gigi Buffon seemed to be a problem,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “But that’s not true.
“This problem doesn’t exist, we have never been, we are not, and we never will be [a problem]. You got that Elvin?
“It’s a fantasy market, but I would certainly never play with another shirt in Italy or in Europe, it’s not an alternative.
“At the moment, I’m focused on Atalanta and onwards.”

- - - Updated - - -

https://app.football-italia.net/?re...t#article/footballitalia-169236&menu=news-all
Sounds like a farewell

Elvin should be happy

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Loyal.
Role model.
Hard working.
Overall low wage.
World class defender.

Do everyone a favor and for at least once in awhile try repeating that to yoursef before allowing all of that uncalled for bs remarks and unwarranted hate to take over your rationality on this subject.
Injury prone
Mistake prone
Settler
Inforiority complex in Europe
Archaic reactive calcio mentality
Had his time

Legend? 100%.
Is it time to go? 100%

PS I dont want him in an administrative position either. I dont want anyone who doesnt want to be absolute best. I dont want nice kind huggers anymore.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Injury prone
Mistake prone
Settler
Had his time

Legend? 100%.
Is it time to go? 100%

PS I dont want him in an administrative position either. I dont want anyone who doesnt want to be absolute best. I dont want nice kind huggers anymore.
None of that besides injury prone is true. Maybe the part about it being the time to go I can agree on

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I know Im sorry, but it really is time. The old guard needs to go if we're gonna attempt mentality change/update.
I felt the same with Robbery the last 1-2 years of their contract, I felt the same with Boateng for some time and now with Javi too. But I'm still very grateful to what they've done for the club.

Remember Chiellini have been at Juve since (2005 or 2006?), been there through Calciopoli and won 9 Serie A titles on the bounce with Juve. He's a big legend and one of his generations best defenders.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I felt the same with Robbery the last 1-2 years of their contract, I felt the same with Boateng for some time and now with Javi too. But I'm still very grateful to what they've done for the club.

Remember Chiellini have been at Juve since (2005 or 2006?), been there through Calciopoli and won 9 Serie A titles on the bounce with Juve. He's a big legend and one of his generations best defenders.
Yes yes he is a legend. But I am done with creating a dandy family atmosphere here. I feel the club let's then decide when to leave instead of itself deciding and thats just fucked up IMO. Thats not the way to the top. I want more ruthlessness, more decisiveness... people are getting nice and comfy here. It's toxic.

Thats how I feel.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Yes yes he is a legend. But I am done with creating a dandy family atmosphere here. I feel the club let's then decide when to leave instead of itself deciding and thats just fucked up IMO. Thats not the way to the top. I want more ruthlessness, more decisiveness... people are getting nice and comfy here. It's toxic.

Thats how I feel.
Well there's probably not any good reasons to extend with him any longer, but would he accept a bench role and reduced salary?

And what about Buffon?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Injury prone
Mistake prone
Settler
Had his time

Legend? 100%.
Is it time to go? 100%

Injury prone perhaps yes, yet he played nearly as many games as our other "fit" CB's this season, a role as a back-up for next season would be ideal for this current version of Chiellini.

Mistake prone? FALSE , no more than any other top CB out there , active or inactive. Don't make me pull up some videos of your idol Ramos looking like a clueless clown in several games, it's only your narrow perception that refuses to see that what makes the real difference between them is actually the team upfront and unit around them, i'm even willing to bet that Chiellini's "mistakes" in an inferior squad have directly costed Juve less points/qualifications than Ramos has costed this way superior Madrid side over the years, he did rise to the biggest occasion for them just aswell as Chiellini has more than just once stepped up for us when we needed it most, the fact one played for the richer, more marketable and with an abundance of top quality players all around the pitch team sure helped with that "superior mentality" that you speak of and it's quite clear as to what's behind it, that ofc if you are not judging this through the "special kind of stupid" analogy that you so often tend to push forward.

Inferiority complex in EUROPE ? FALSE idiotic narrative pushed forward by you and nobody else, thinking it's all down to the one/two individuals or one/two mistakes that might have occured during a 15years timeframe is the weirdest thing one can come up with, he's been no more inferior or superior in terms of mentality than any other ‘core’ players we’ve had playing for the club in the about 15-20years which i can recall seeing for myself.

Archaic reactive calcio mentality ? Settler ? :lol: This whole notion is so bs that even you know it, total nonsense which i won't bother wasting too much time with on because it would be pointless, but i guess that's just you again being reactionary and having the urge of doubling down on every bs opinion you share around this parts regardless of how many times it gets debunked.

- - - Updated - - -

You are being such an obivous hater that it's not even funny anymore, nothing new or original to say for a few years now and counting, it's actually quite pathetic from your part to be this ignorant and clueless at the same time.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Injury prone perhaps yes, yet he played nearly as many games as our other "fit" CB's this season, a role as a back-up for next season would be ideal for this current version of Chiellini.

Mistake prone? FALSE , no more than any other top CB out there , active or inactive. Don't make me pull up some videos of your idol Ramos looking like a clueless clown in several games, it's only your narrow perception that refuses to see that what makes the real difference between them is actually the team upfront and unit around them, i'm even willing to bet that Chiellini's "mistakes" in an inferior squad have directly costed Juve less points/qualifications than Ramos has costed this way superior Madrid side over the years, he did rise to the biggest occasion for them just aswell as Chiellini has more than just once stepped up for us when we needed it most, the fact one played for the richer, more marketable and with an abundance of top quality players all around the pitch team sure helped with that "superior mentality" that you speak of and it's quite clear as to what's behind it, that ofc if you are not judging this through the "special kind of stupid" analogy that you so often tend to push forward.

Inferiority complex in EUROPE ? FALSE idiotic narrative pushed forward by you and nobody else, thinking it's all down to the one/two individuals or one/two mistakes that might have occured during a 15years timeframe is the weirdest thing one can come up with, he's been no more inferior or superior in terms of mentality than everybody else during their time played at this club for the past 15-20 years which i can recall seeing for myself.

Archaic reactive calcio mentiality ? Settler ? :lol: This whole notion is so bs that even you know it, total nonsense which i won't bother wasting too much time with on because it would be pointless, but i guess that's just you again being reactionary and having the urge of doubling down on every bs opinion you share around this parts regardless of how many times it gets debunked.

- - - Updated - - -

You are being such an obivous hater that it's not even funny anymore, nothing new or original to say for a few years now and counting, it's actually quite pathetic from your part to be this ignorant and clueless at the same time.
Sorry but I never seen Ramos do what Chiellini & Buffon did on that Ronaldo goal (you know which one). That was pure pant-shitting and nothing else. There - proof of his inferiority complex. No other reason to fuck up there but fear. And of course when your leader shits his pants the whole team follows.

Also he has slipped many other times too.

Yes im not his biggest fan, but I still aknowledge that he is a legend.

In any case the past is the past, he still needs to go. It's time.

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Sorry but I never seen Ramos do what Chiellini & Buffon did on that Ronaldo goal (you know which one). That was pure pant-shitting and nothing else. There - proof of his inferiority complex. No other reason to fuck up there but fear.

Look better, Ramos did even worse in other occasions but yet again your narrow perception and approach to the subject somehow blocks it(apparently seems to somehow also block the side of youtube where you can watch all the Ramos videos where he is made to look like a clown), just so it fits your own bs narrative you are making more out of one moment from a game we lost 3-0 at home due to how poor the team as a whole played overall and the fact we've been outplayed from start to finish that night , oh and also don't bother mentioning that in the return leg the very two guys you are bashing played a nearly perfect game and almost did the impossible if not for a shit ref giving the benefit of the doubt to RM on a last minute questionable penalty.

Ramos is and has always been mistake prone, but also clutch as fuck no doubt, still not nearly as close to the flawless idol status that you are holding him up to.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Sorry but I never seen Ramos do what Chiellini & Buffon did on that Ronaldo goal (you know which one). That was pure pant-shitting and nothing else. There - proof of his inferiority complex. No other reason to fuck up there but fear. And of course when your leader shits his pants the whole team follows.

Also he has slipped many other times too.

Yes im not his biggest fan, but I still aknowledge that he is a legend.

In any case the past is the past, he still needs to go. It's time.
Ramos vs the Netherlands in 2014, he really was shit poor in that game.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Gotta say , only on tuZ' will you see such a long time Juventus fan disrespecting and talking nonsense of Juventus legends like Chiellini/Buffon while praising and idolizing other club's legends and their "mentality" on a regular basis whereas at the same time you get to notice a volunteer Bayern fan trying to talk some sense into him by praising those said Juventus legends and even going as far as to providing solid arguments and examples to debunk that bs narrative of his.

You can't just make this shit up. :lol:

Jun 6, 2015
Well there's probably not any good reasons to extend with him any longer, but would he accept a bench role and reduced salary?

And what about Buffon?
His salary is not a problem. He already earns a very reasonable amount and if need be he would probably settle for even lower salary. His quality isn't a problem either, he's still comfortably a starter level player for us when fit. The only question mark is his fitness, if he feels that his body can't take it anymore then it's time to retire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)