Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (42 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I don't understand how some of y'all thinking Chiellini seriously had any bit of intention of foulling there, it was a lack of awareness moment/mistake more than anything.

Yes it was reckless as fuck keeping his arms that high and in this particular case was a clear PK but in 9 out of 10 other times this same situation would've been no more than him protecting his zone and at most would have been a marking hand on the opponents shirt/chest while allowing Wojcek to come out and collect it and would have never been a foul, here though he altough clearly had no intention it was surely a foul and lots of credit goes also to the nipples guy who played it well too and got himself at the right place.

On VAR replays you could see he had his eyes on the ball and wasn't exactly aware of the other guy's positioning but got it wrong by not lowering his arms and ending up with them on his face instead of his chest, was silly from him and should have without a doubt done better and been more aware of what's happening around him, but again IMO no intention of actually making any sort of challenge on the opponent other than supposedly 'clearing' the zone for the screaming GK to come out and collect the ball, reckless but by no means intentional.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't understand how some of y'all thinking Chiellini seriously had any bit of intention of foulling there, it was a lack of awareness moment/mistake more than anything.

Yes it was reckless as fuck keeping his arms that high and in this particular case was a clear PK but in 9 out of 10 other times this same situation would've been no more than him protecting his zone and at most would have been a marking hand on the opponents shirt/chest while allowing Wojcek to come out and collect it and would have never been a foul, here though he altough clearly had no intention it was surely a foul and lots of credit goes also to the nipples guy who played it well too and got himself at the right place.

On VAR replays you could see he had his eyes on the ball and wasn't exactly aware of the other guy's positioning but got it wrong by not lowering his arms and ending up with them on his face instead of his chest, was silly from him and should have without a doubt done better and been more aware of what's happening around him, but again IMO no intention of actually making any sort of challenge on the opponent other than supposedly 'clearing' the zone for the screaming GK to come out and collect the ball, reckless but by no means intentional.
bro he's a 36 year old veteran that has been playing pro for 18 years. if this was an 20 year old kid you can give him an excuse.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
bro he's a 36 year old veteran that has been playing pro for 18 years. if this was an 20 year old kid you can give him an excuse.
So you seriously think he wanted to slap or grab the opponents face when he wasn't even attempting to do anything else other than clearing the zone for Wojcek to come out and pick it up?

Yes it was reckless but not at all intentional, your post even suggests it , he can't be that stupid to challenge a player on a ball that is already won with the GK shouting "ME" behind him, he relaxed that the GK will get it and was too sure of it being cleared to realize there's an opponent still challenging for the ball and lowering his head also because of the GK shouting that he is coming out behind him, he wasn't aware of his hands sticking out level with the other dude's face and it was nothing more than a silly awareness mistake.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
bro trying moving your arm up past shoulder height. you can feel the tension as you move it up correct?

intentional or not he moved his arm up higher than his shoulder. thats a rookie mistake, not something you expect a 36 year old player to make.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
bro trying moving your arm up past shoulder height. you can feel the tension as you move it up correct?

intentional or not he moved his arm up higher than his shoulder. thats a rookie mistake, not something you expect a 36 year old player to make.
Nobody is arguing that, however you and others were implying that he somehow did the challenge while being aware of it, when in fact it was an silly awareness mistake by not properly evaluating the situation and the opponent's positioning which probably only ever happens once every 100 games... so yeah, it was not intentional at all and rather Chiellini thinking the ball was already cleared and nobody is actually jumping/challenging for it anymore, could be down to rustiness after the long layoff aswell, it did turn out to be a a costly mistake and there's no point denying it but that doesn't mean we need to make more out of it than it actually is.

Also, again, not enough credit goes to the nipples guy making the most of it and getting himself into that situation in the first place, fucker got lucky with the contact there.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
bro chiellini was aware of exactly what he was doing. you don't get to be a defender like him without having high situational awarness.

I think i've explained it more than enough already and there's no point going through all of it again, everyone is free to make what they want of it by the end of the day but imo this still doesn't take anything away from the fact that you are trying to make more out of it than it really is, i suggest watching the full replays from more than one angle and you will probably see exactly what i was describing in my posts above, there was no intention to even actually make a challenge in the first place and Chiellini relaxed himself and lost awareness the moment Wojcek shouted he is collecting the ball.

One thing for sure though, was silly and should have never happenned , must be more carefull.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
How happy are you?

Entire forum wanted to see Chiello DeLigt, and for a reason. That one dumb foul doesn't make him the finished player a hater like you makes him out to be.
Do I sound fuckin happy? Im miserable as fuck today. He is not finished but he is unreliable and accepting such dumb mistakes from a young player is just easier.

Do not renew.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I think i've explained it more than enough already and there's no point going through all of it again, everyone is free to make what they want of it by the end of the day but imo this still doesn't take anything away from the fact that you are trying to make more out of it than it really is, i suggest watching the full replays from more than one angle and you will probably see exactly what i was describing in my posts above, there was no intention to even actually make a challenge in the first place and Chiellini relaxed himself and lost awareness the moment Wojcek shouted he is collecting the ball.

One thing for sure though, was silly and should have never happenned , must be more carefull.
He definitely knew what he was doing . Chiello is an old fox . He sensed him there . He has no business having his hands that high .
He also knows that it's no way he can reach that , with Tek coming out.

Maybe he didn't wanted to hit him that hard ,but he definitely wanted to make contact with him one way or another .

It's just what world class defenders to to assert their dominance over attackers .
Sadly we have VAR now and those things rarely cut it anymore.

I remember him doing something similar in the 90th minute against atletico :) , but frisk liked the remontada and brushed it over .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Do I sound fuckin happy? Im miserable as fuck today. He is not finished but he is unreliable and accepting such dumb mistakes from a young player is just easier.

Do not renew.
Would that young player also be able to replicate what Giorgio repeteadly brings to our team and to our game? You better start asking yourself that more often, aside from the silly PK(which happens once in 100games), he had blocked and recovered several balls that were or could have been very dangerous(which happens practically every game he steps on the pitch), not sure at all anyone in his place would've been able to make some of those blocks or make his presence known on the pitch the way he did/does.

Just chill and wait for the renewal, it's still happening regardless of your pointless rant.

- - - Updated - - -

He definitely knew what he was doing . Chiello is an old fox . He sensed him there . He has no business having his hands that high .
He also knows that it's no way he can reach that , with Tek coming out.

Maybe he didn't wanted to hit him that hard ,but he definitely wanted to make contact with him one way or another .

It's just what world class defenders to to assert their dominance over attackers .
Sadly we have VAR now and those things rarely cut it anymore.

I remember him doing something similar in the 90th minute against atletico :) , but frisk liked the remontada and brushed it over .
Just no, the most contact that would have ever been there in 9 out of 10 times would've been Chiellini putting a marking hand on his chest, no intention whatsoever to make a serious challenge on him other than recklessly having his hand way too high, again though you are also not giving any credit to the attacker which is wrong.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Would that young player also be able to replicate what Giorgio repeteadly brings to our team and to our game? You better start asking yourself that more often, aside from the silly PK(which happens once in 100games), he had blocked and recovered several balls that were or could have been very dangerous(which happens practically every game he steps on the pitch), not sure at all anyone in his place would've been able to make some of those blocks or make his presence known on the pitch the way he did/does.

Just chill and wait for the renewal, it's still happening regardless of your pointless rant.

- - - Updated - - -

Just no, the most contact that would have ever been there in 9 out of 10 times would've been Chiellini putting a marking hand on his chest, no intention whatsoever to make a serious challenge on him.

- - - Updated - - -
Why is everyone so sure he will be renewed anyway? No such statements have been made as far as I know.

Btw that pk wasnt his only mistake today, had a shitty game overall.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Why is everyone so sure he will be renewed anyway? No such statements have been made as far as I know.

I have a feeling he will be renewed. De Ligt and Demiral hve great potential but I'm sure management will want some experience back there too and bonucci doesn't seem a convincing leader.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

The whole team had a shitty game overall with the ball, especially when playing it out from the back... however in terms of defending and blocking he handled pretty much almost everything that came at him and did well.

And yes, if fit he will be renewed, as much as you probably wish it it's not yet exactly a case of the club deciding whether they want to keep him or not but rather whether the player himself is still capable of staying healthy for good chunks of the season or not, which so far he has overall shown that he can still very much be relied upon and play an important part.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling he will be renewed. De Ligt and Demiral hve great potential but I'm sure management will want some experience back there too and bonucci doesn't seem a convincing leader.
And very much this aswell. :tup:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)