Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (28 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Meh, the whole point of forum is people posting opinions so even if some of his make my blood boil, Id prefer it to censorship :p

- - - Updated - - -

We are already in financial difficulties, we need to invest in the midfield. Having 4 CBs for 2 positions isn’t even that much, and we have Dragusin as 5th choice.

Chiellini is proving to be worldclass when fit so would be strange if we wouldn’t keep him.
I honestly thought he was finished, but damn it, he rolled back the years in recent weeks. Looks just as sharp as few years ago. Absolute madness not to keep him for another season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Meh, the whole point of forum is people posting opinions so even if some of his make my blood boil, Id prefer it to censorship :p

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly thought he was finished, but damn it, he rolled back the years in recent weeks. Looks just as sharp as few years ago. Absolute madness not to keep him for another season.
Yeah people need to dial down the dogmatism.

Also comparing Chiellini and Del Piero is just ridiculous.
Del Piero is Juve GOAT.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I personally don't like reading the same repetitive bs narrative on repeat, even more so at a time when the player in question is actually as clutch and as in form as it gets in this specific case, timing wise he does nothing but bring a negative vibe and gets Juve fans to facepalm themselfs in confusion, i'd say there's other better platforms for fans to trash talk their team's Captain with baseless crap arguments that are easily being debunked by almost every single Juventus fan opening this thread.

Anyway, back to the main point, i only said he should try to keep em' coming more rare for the time being as he's been on repeat about it for a long time now. But yeah , you do you... for the sake of "being free to post opinions" let's encourage fans to keep posting baseless hatred on a daily basis regardless of timing,form or impact. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone is free to post whatever they want whenever they want and i agree, but there is without a doubt a fine line between knowing when to stop or when to actually keep going on about it. It's really not that hard to comprehend.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
That's an exaggeration, and I know for a fact that here (UK) Chiellini is one of those players fans begrudgingly admire because of his style and longevity. But it's true that Ramos has more talent and all the trophies to go with it, so he'll go down as one of the best defenders ever. Also, he scores a lot of goals, so he's not being judged just as a defender, but as a footballer who is a defender.

Chiellini doesn't concede anything to Puyol as an individual, it's only team trophies.
Ive never understood the concept of comparing trophy cabinets when talking about individual players in a team sport. Its peak idiocy.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Put all your biases aside, in 5 years time no one outside Juve/Calcio will even remember Chiellini. Unlike Maldini, Nesta, Canna, Puyol, and yes, Ramos.

It could be because he lacks the star factor but also because of what I've noted - lack of clutchness and perfect game when it matters most.
The fact that you had to go a whole different generation with Maldini, Nesta and Puyol just shows that Chiellini will clearly be considered a top top CB in his generation together with Ramos.

And, from what I've seen, and I've missed basically everything in the 90ties, I'd pick Chiellini ahead of Puyol and Maldini.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The fact that you had to go a whole different generation with Maldini, Nesta and Puyol just shows that Chiellini will clearly be considered a top top CB in his generation together with Ramos.

And, from what I've seen, and I've missed basically everything in the 90ties, I'd pick Chiellini ahead of Puyol and Maldini.
maldini is worth the effort of watching some old games, he was special. nesta and scirea too.

i never was a fan of puyol. for me, he wasn't outstanding. with piqué and valdes, they looked like passengers in a special team. even if i try my best to ignore my bias towards juve players, i can't help but think that he would have been benched by prime bbc.

Jun 16, 2020

- - - Updated - - -

Same here, he proved us wrong.

We changed the medical staff last year and fitness coach this year so maybe credits to them. We seem to have less injuries.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Even if i try my best to ignore my bias towards juve players, i can't help but think that he would have been benched by prime bbc.
Also, it's not true at all no one speaks of them. Even german TV spoke of BBC and have respect for the likes of Chiello and (yes) Bonucci. They aren't some unknown 2nd division kickers only known and respected in italy...

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:
He had mostly average past few seasons and I thought with his injury in the beginning of this season, it was the sign to call it quits. But his past few games have been nothing short of amazing. Compared to the rest of the team he earns peanuts anyways, I wouldn't be surprised at all at him getting one more year. Unless we somehow win the CL, in which case both him and Buffon will probably call it quits together.

Jun 6, 2015
It's his decision to make when to quit. Would be sad to see him finish his career without the fans at the stadium so I hope he stays somewhat fit and continues for another year. He's right up there as one of our greatest ever defenders and definitely one of the best defenders of his generation if not the best. The difference his presence on the field makes is still massive.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
To be fair to him he has never looked "Finished" even when he came back from long lay offs you could see his quality, the problem is that he can't string 5 games together without his calf imploding, I'd still keep him, he's still a monster

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Nah... you just need to look at it in a fair-share way:

Del Piero = Undisputed Juventus GOAT.
Buffon = Juventus's undisputed Goalkeeping GOAT.

There you have it. :D
i get you.

the way i see it:

Del piero at 38 forgotten boi playing in turd league Australia

buffon at 38: playing in CL final.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah... you just need to look at it in a fair-share way:

Del Piero = Undisputed Juventus GOAT.
Buffon = Juventus's undisputed Goalkeeping GOAT.

There you have it. :D
i get you.

the way i see it:

Jul 3, 2020
i get you.

the way i see it:

- - - Updated - - -

i get you.

the way i see it:

GIgi has more credit on Del Piero as a Juve player imo. Not by much though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)