Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (25 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
he played 12 matches and 800+ minutes already, and he had a massive injury. when he's available, he can be easily relied on. if he feels ready for an other season i'm fine with it
This.

Again, how can one not want him to stick around after performances like the one today. Man was omnipresent at the back. Looks sharp as fuck.

If he misses games due to injury, so be it. When he's fit he's still a beast.

Add the fact that he's an absolute legend of a CB that puts a smile on my sad ass face each time he steps onto the pitch. That alone is worth keeping him around.

I wonder how many people who now do not want to keep Chiello were bitching when we didn't keep around Del Piero.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fantôme

Jul 25, 2015
Just traumatized by the Khediras of the football world.
Well good. Cause he ain't one of them.

Been superb after he came back. Man still got the ability to physically dominate, and it excites me when i see him beckenbauerin himself forward with the ball. He definitely still enjoy playing this game. Always hyping up when getting the clearance, or winning a duel. That's passion.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
only reason his great form sucks is that it gets in way of demiral establishing himself.

but i am not too worried. if demiral is willing to be patient he will be juve's first choice alongside de ligt for many years to come.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Just traumatized by the Khediras of the football world.
Why bring Khedira into this when you have been hating on him since forever. :disagree:

Is it me or Chiellini is a bit overrated?
as per usual Chiellini goes into the uber choke mode when it matters
If that's not a brainfart, I don't know what is.
Chiellini is tough and all but he really lacks brains in his game.
His unavailability due to injuries has disappointed me but I waited 10-12 years to see him captain so I absolutely want him to continue playing with the armband. :grin:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Even if he can play 10 games per year, the benefits of having Chiellini around make it well worthy. He can help with his experience younger players and if he manages to stay fit, he is still top CB. Extending his contract shouldnt be an issue.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Why bring Khedira into this when you have been hating on him since forever. :disagree:

His unavailability due to injuries has disappointed me but I waited 10-12 years to see him captain so I absolutely want him to continue playing with the armband. :grin:
Somebody pls just thread ban that @Elvin dude for even mentioning Chiellini in the same bracket as Khedira lmao, the only moron bringing negativity in this thread specifically for the past few months is him, now judging by the post i quoted above it undoubtedly further proves he is a hater and nothing more, even comes and talks shit after MOTM performances, like seriously wtf is your problem dude? Show a little respect where is due.

Literally our most competent CB who made a huge positive impact since returning and this guy keeps coming here letting us know how we’d be better off getting rid of him lolz... why don’t you just GTFO? At least from this thread.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
This.

Again, how can one not want him to stick around after performances like the one today. Man was omnipresent at the back. Looks sharp as fuck.

If he misses games due to injury, so be it. When he's fit he's still a beast.

Add the fact that he's an absolute legend of a CB that puts a smile on my sad ass face each time he steps onto the pitch. That alone is worth keeping him around.

I wonder how many people who now do not want to keep Chiello were bitching when we didn't keep around Del Piero.
Del Piero waa accepting a super-sub role, while Chiellini staying will cause problems for DemiLigt's development.

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody pls just thread ban that @Elvin dude for even mentioning Chiellini in the same bracket as Khedira lmao, the only moron bringing negativity in this thread specifically for the past few months is him, now judging by the post i quoted above it undoubtedly further proves he is a hater and nothing more, even comes and talks shit after MOTM performances, like seriously wtf is your problem dude? Show a little respect where is due.

Literally our most competent CB who made a huge positive impact since returning and this guy keeps coming here letting us know how we’d be better off getting rid of him lolz... why don’t you just GTFO? At least from this thread.
I want the team to rejuvenate and move forward. Chiellini has had his time and honestly fucked up when it really mattered (Buffon too). Brutal truth.

- - - Updated - - -

I admit I've never been his biggest fan. He did choke in the biggest stage too many times.
Lets be honest with ourselves he never was considered the best CB in the world.

Last edited:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Most underrated defender ever along with Barzagli. It's a shame these two never got the praise they deserved.

All the Barca, Madrid and Premiership dick riders were busy wanking over soy boys like Ramos and John Terry.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I want the team to rejuvenate and move forward. Chiellini has had his time and honestly fucked up when it really mattered (Buffon too). Brutal truth.

I admit I've never been his biggest fan. He did choke in the biggest stage too many times.
Lol watttt

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Most underrated defender ever along with Barzagli. It's a shame these two never got the praise they deserved.

All the Barca, Madrid and Premiership dick riders were busy wanking over soy boys like Ramos and John Terry.
Even Chiellini said Ramos was better than him and Barzagli. And he's right.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
:sergio
Del Piero waa accepting a super-sub role, while Chiellini staying will cause problems for DemiLigt's development.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio:

images.jpeg-1.jpg

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

He might not have been the undisputed very best CB in the world at any point in his career and might have had his fair share of clumpsiness during his overall growth but not even nearly as much as you are making out to be in terms of key moments, but anyway, leaving that bs narrative aside, i'd rather look more into simply thinking of how many out there have really been considered the undisputed nr.1 CB at any point in their careers other than various fanbase's biased opinions along with the media/internet bandwagon usually influenced and/or based on the team winning CL or WC that respective year/season... realistically speaking that's pretty much that and nothing more.

Then again, now how many of them have there really been consistently considered as one of the top 10 very best CB's in the world for almost 15 years? Chiellini for one has definitely been widely regarded as one of the very top CB's in the game for a crazy long period of time and proved himself to be as much of a CB with top ceiling leadership and defending ability as we could have possibly asked for during this winning cycle.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I read the interview and I don't agree with him he is probably just being humble.
Put all your biases aside, in 5 years time no one outside Juve/Calcio will even remember Chiellini. Unlike Maldini, Nesta, Canna, Puyol, and yes, Ramos.

It could be because he lacks the star factor but also because of what I've noted - lack of clutchness and perfect game when it matters most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)