Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (12 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He wasn’t the problem today but him starting was symbolic for a club stuck in the past.
he’s always neutralized lukaku and did so again today. Out of all the things to criticize, this ain’t one of them. Experience still matters, especially when it comes to defenders. There’s a better debate to be had about his partners job security.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Injured most of the season, plays against inter and manages to win a game long physical battle with Lukaku, his injuries are robbing us of a few more years at the top level and its sad, he is still so so good when he has a few games, out fittest cb is Bonucci and he is has been shit for far too long, why we bought him back is beyond me

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I love Chiellini I really do, and I do think he has a part to play instead of Bonucci this season. But just compare how De Ligt handled Lukaku last time we played vs how Chiellini was struggling yesterday.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I love Chiellini I really do, and I do think he has a part to play instead of Bonucci this season. But just compare how De Ligt handled Lukaku last time we played vs how Chiellini was struggling yesterday.
it was fair and square yesterday, Lukaku won a couple of duels while Chiellini won a couple himself , it was quite balanced throughout but obviously it's gonna look even worst when the team played like total shit and allowed Inter to run at our CB's all alone on several occasions, also you are iggnoring that Chiellini had to work with a clueless Frabotta and consistently out of position Ramsey 'helping' on his side, guess who was also targetting that side, literally inda's biggest attacking threats in Lukaku and Hakimi.. we simply played in their trap all game long and if there's anything to comment perhaps you should rather thank Chiellini that it didn't finish uglier than it did.

You are just overreacting and should focus your frustrations elsewhere, DeLigt is a big loss indeed and i would have been more than happy to have had a DeLigt - Chiellini pairing but the way the team played yesterday there's no combo that could have saved us when we practically posed no real threat to the opposition for the whole duration of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Like seriously, probably the only individual duel that wasn't entirely lost on the pitch was this one... whereas there have been other several duels being lost by others all over the pitch from the first minute to the last that led us to this result.

Last edited:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
He is simply amazing. Insane defender. If he stays fit till the end of the season, he will be a massive, massive boost. Is there any chance, the slightest chance that Bonucci will be benched once De Ligt returns?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Solid as always and one of the very best on the pitch yesterday.

Hopefully we will have him available for as long as possible, he will be crucial to how our season and defence will look from here on and to how far will we really be able to go as a team, time will tell i guess , but one thing remains for sure, without doubt a fit Chiellini is still an automatic starter for us in high-stake games, even this current rusty injury-prone veteran version of him is still a world class defender.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. :grin:

Basically if my italian isn't failing me hard he is telling off McKennie for that penalty in a celebrating way, something like "you're dead' when we get to the video analysis kind of way, but friendly-funny ofc. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Could also just aswell be him saying it in the sense of "you've got away with it didn't you ?" :lol:

Cool to see this type of moments either way. :D

Last edited:

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Are his injury woes finally behind him now? That’s three 90 minute matches in the last 7 days.
He was coming back from an ACL which can usually increase a player’s susceptibility to other kinds of leg injuries due to overcompensation in one area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)