Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (46 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Two of these players tore their ACLs and one of these three almost ended on the operating table to fix his shoulder. Although i myself enjoy brainless defenders like Chiello, Vidic ect who go head-first in every challenge, it has to be noted that playing the pus*y way as Bonucci does greatly decreases the chamce of the player ending up injured. Messi, CR7... they are infamous for pussying out of challenges, but thir injury record is practically non-existant. While on the other hand, flashy players like Douglas Costa end up being injured every 5,6,7 games. The only reason we have Dybala available for almost every game is because he is rotated a lot, otherwise if he was the first choice attacker every game he wpuld have joined the injury squad several times so far.
The smartest players are like Sergio Ramos -- he picks his battles perfectly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Are you saying that is better to be a mediocre defender for fear of injury?
Also attackers have an easier job than defenders.
Im saying that going into challenges headlessly and fearlessly does not in any way make you a great defender or a better defender than someone like, Elvin said, Sergio Ramos who chooses his battles carefully.

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
Give him a place in the starting 11. He'll probably crumble after his first sprint, but it's worth a shot because we're hopeless. I pray to God he can survive till the end of the season injury free.

I honsetly don't think It's Sarri's fault with our defence. Or at least Allegri wasn't better. I remember how last season Bonucci and Rugani shit the bed against Ajax.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I honsetly don't think It's Sarri's fault with our defence. Or at least Allegri wasn't better. I remember how last season Bonucci and Rugani shit the bed against Ajax.
Last season that Bonucci-Rugani pairing shit the bed against an Ajax team which just came from trashing the reigning CL champs 1:4 at the Bernabeu for starters, ofc not an excuse as we should’ve done better in atack to say the least, however how does that even compare to having a DeLigt-Bonucci pairing being outplayed by a newly promoted and supposedly tired Hellas Verona? lol

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Give him a place in the starting 11. He'll probably crumble after his first sprint, but it's worth a shot because we're hopeless. I pray to God he can survive till the end of the season injury free.

I disagree with this, under allegri, yes it was messy last year, but that was more injury driven. You can clearly see now that all the defensive cohesion, tactics and movement as a unit is gone. We can’t defend any lead, whereas under allegri you at least knew the defence would bail us out most of the time because of good organisation and structure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)