Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (32 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Chiellini has secretly been as much of a physical outlier as you will find in football but January seems very optimistic.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
today's gazzetta features a lengthy interview with chiellini. some quotes:

https://www.football-italia.net/145618/dybala-can-emulate-juve-greats

'Dybala can emulate Juve greats'

Paulo Dybala can “do what David Trezeguet, Mauro Camoranesi and Pavel Nedved did” at Juventus, according to Giorgio Chiellini.

Dybala was close to leaving Juve over the summer as they tried to bring in Romelu Lukaku, but the forward has gone on to re-establish himself for Maurizio Sarri’s side, scoring and assisting three goals each this season.

“Paulo’s a very quiet person, a golden boy who we’ve seen grow with us,” Chiellini told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Paulo’s someone who doesn’t talk much, but he ends up doing so and he shows it on the pitch.

“Last season was considered a bad one for Dybala, but it depends on what’s asked of him.

“If Dybala plays as a centre-forward, he scores 20 goals. But if Dybala plays as a midfielder, he scores five goals and there’s nothing wrong with that.

“He makes the team play and is also important in many other ways. In my opinion, Paulo’s still growing. He’s an international player.

“He also showed it on Tuesday. He wanted to stay here. He had the opportunity to leave, but he’s someone who wants to go up a level.

“He’s someone who’s worn our captain’s armband with honour because he deserved to.

“I wouldn’t be that surprised if Paulo did what Trezeguet, Camoranesi and Nedved did, which is writing an important page in Juventus’ history.”
some other quotes:

i bet fi will translate the rest of the article too.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.football-italia.net/145623/chiellini-two-more-years-then

Chiellini: Two more years, then...

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has confirmed that he will play on for “no more” than two years but ruled out becoming a Coach.

Chiellini remains Juve’s captain but is now 35 and currently recovering from an ACL injury, and the veteran admits he is already thinking about life after football.

“I’ll play for a couple more years, no more,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I’d like to have a career in directorship but with great calmness because I think that the biggest mistake of us footballers, once our careers are over, is to think that we’re ready right away.

“When you stop playing, between 35 and 40 if you’re lucky, you think you know everything about football.

“But then you enter the world of work, where the same people your age have worked for at least 15 years at a good level.

“Even if you drop down a level, you find people who are 10 years younger than you but have 10 years more experience.

“Therefore, you have a gap to fill and you have to be humbly aware of it. You have important know-how from a footballing point of view, but you also have to put everything else into place.

“It’s like a puzzle, every piece is important. You don’t have to rush. One day at a time, like recovering from an injury.

"Putting a team on the pitch and coaching them for half an hour is good for everyone.

“Detachment from the pitch isn’t easy, but I’m not crazy about the life of a Coach.

“A good tactical system is no longer enough. Coaches increasingly need to be psychologists and motivational leaders too.

“A director can be like an administrator of a company that has to manage at least 50 or 60 people.

“It’s all-encompassing: you must have the badges, but you must also accept the pressure and all kinds of sacrifices.

“It’s not a kind of responsibility that I feel inside right now.”
two. more. years. :tuttosport:

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I want it all, warns Chiellini

By Football Italia staff

Juventus and Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini has declared that he wants to end this season with winners’ medals for the Champions League and Euro 2020.

Chiellini is currently battling back from an ACL injury and turned 35 in August, but he made it clear he was setting the bar higher than ever for club and country.

“I want to win the 10th Scudetto and then possibly the Champions League and European Championship,” he told Juventus TV. “But if I manage to win only one of them, I’ll be very happy.

“I’m back training and I’m working a lot in the gym. A lot has changed since I dropped my crutches. Now I can have a normal life without too many obstructions.

“I haven’t played for many teams and I’m lucky that I’m good enough, because to stay here for 15 years is not easy.

“You need to find an environment which allows you to stay 15 years in one place and develop every year, at an ambitious club. If you are with the best, you don’t need to look elsewhere.”

Chiellini: ACL injury a 'challenge'

By Football Italia staff

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini says he is treating his ACL injury as “a challenge to demonstrate what I have left in me.”

The 35-year-old has been sidelined since the first match of the season, giving summer recruit Matthijs de Ligt a quick learning curve at the Allianz Stadium.

However, Chiellini is adamant that he will come back stronger and is taking the setback on the chin.

"I take this injury as a challenge to demonstrate what I have left in me. I would like to enjoy the remaining moments of my career," he told Juventus TV.

"I have to admit that I have really enjoyed these last few years. Maybe it’s the maturity, maybe by reflecting a bit.

"The 500 matches with Juve, the captaincy for Juve, the 100 matches and the captaincy with the national team. They are historical moments."

The veteran has won everything there is to win in the Italian game, but he is still looking at new milestones to surpass in his illustrious career.

"You never get used to winning and it always gives you the energy to find new motivation for another win.

"The club is still evolving. For someone who has been here as long as I have, it's nice to see the structure of Juventus developing for the better year after year.

"The most important thing is to give all you've got, this way you won’t have any regrets. Of course, if I could, I would play a lot of games all over again but that's part of life, not only football.

"From that point of view, I don't have any regrets, I'm very satisfied by what I'm doing. I still have a few years left in me."

Apr 29, 2006
I wish Giorgio would finally lift CL along with Buffon this season. I might be perceived as hostile again, but I don't want to see him spend more than one year(if at all) being a bench player for us. I would love it if he takes a team like Fiorentina and wins a Scudetto or UEFA cup with them. He would be a godsend and if Fiorentina ownership has any brains they would pay him his weight in gold.
Then I expect him to become a coach, maybe even a manager one day.

When you think about it, if Chiello is still starting for us in 2 years that means some of our purchases have gone very wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)