Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (53 Viewers)

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
batch__J010732%20(2).jpg
The Captain speaks ahead of this crucial period of our season: "With Napoli comes the opportunity to demonstrate our strength ahead of an important test against Atletico.“

First up Napoli… then Atletico. With unity, enthusiasm and desire to show our strength. Our captain delivers a message ahead of this crucial period of our season as we prepare for a southern trip to Naples and the return leg of our Champions League round of 16 tie.

“We are training with enthusiasm and desire to win.” Explained "Chiello" to Sky. “Sunday, against Napoli, we expect a great game, with a team that in recent years has given us a hard time. They want to win to re-open the title race and to prove that they are as strong as us. I expect this match to be more open than in previous years because both teams will have, for different reasons, great desire to do.

"Our visit to the San Paolo is not only an opportunity to add another great piece to the puzzle of winning our eighth consecutive championship, but it is also an important test in view of our return leg of our Champions League tie with Atletico.

"The points advantage we have in Naples is important, I honestly did not expect it to be so wide at this point. The 13 points advantage is more to our merits than to our opponent’s disadvantages. Disregarding the league, this game is important because it means both for us and for Napoli to demonstrate our strengths. Our performance will be very reflective of our match against Atletico Madrid and I am convinced that the team will do something important.”

Napoli v Juve is always special for Giorgio Chiellini: "The match against Napoli at San Paolo is a challenge that brings me luck. In March 2013, I scored an important goal in my return after three months out due to injury. We drew 1-1 after my important goal. We then increased the gap on the following Sunday. I also remember our match last year which was also an important victory. Especially after many of us were lost. Napoli v Juve is always a tricky match.”

As a captain, there is always daily responsibility and certainly in moments of difficulty as it takes something more. Captains are not only expected to band everyone together but to also bring energy to the squad. For example, I am happy that Barzagli has returned to the group because he is a person who makes a fundamental contribution both on and off the field. The team has a truly united in the locker room and now 15 important days will come.”

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Actually I’m starting to feel that the players who have played for more than five years at Juve are starting to become a liability for us on big stage. And it is a mental thing.

Bon, barza, chie. Great players don’t get be wrong. BUT, together with Buffon, they tasted countless disappointing experiences on European big stages and logically believes that there are stronger opponents than them.
Fair enough, they could be right. But, we need players who are brave and even be naive enough to fight to the last minute thinking that they can beat everybody.

Players like Balotelli and Pogba truly believed that they are going to win the Euro and CL. Saw both of them crying after respective euro and CL final. We NEED players with this kind of naive BUT undying believe that they are the best on the field.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
Actually I’m starting to feel that the players who have played for more than five years at Juve are starting to become a liability for us on big stage. And it is a mental thing.

Bon, barza, chie. Great players don’t get be wrong. BUT, together with Buffon, they tasted countless disappointing experiences on European big stages and logically believes that there are stronger opponents than them.
Fair enough, they could be right. But, we need players who are brave and even be naive enough to fight to the last minute thinking that they can beat everybody.

Players like Balotelli and Pogba truly believed that they are going to win the Euro and CL. Saw both of them crying after respective euro and CL final. We NEED players with this kind of naive BUT undying believe that they are the best on the field.
maybe because refs dont help them.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
Giorgio Chiellini assured Juventus are accustomed to pressure going into the Champions League showdown with Atletico Madrid, “the European team most similar to ours.”

The first leg ended 2-0 at the Wanda Metropolitano, but the decider for a place in the Champions League quarter-final is on Tuesday at 20.00 GMT.

“We’re not concerned at the talk of failure, because we have a lot of enthusiasm, are in the Round of 16, so we want to go on to the quarter-finals, the semi-finals and the final,” said the captain in his Press conference.

“Anyone at Juve is accustomed to feeling the pressure of the media and it makes no difference. We need great enthusiasm and an electric atmosphere to experience a magical Champions League night.

“All of us within us thought at least once every day about this game. We did our duty in the other matches, but a thought before bed was always there.

“Tomorrow we need to go out there and do it, to want it more than them, and I feel those will be decisive elements. We have great respect for a solid team and we know their quality, but we all want to continue this adventure.

“We know it won’t be easy, because we’re not mad, but we are also not going to assume we’re done for. If we get past this obstacle, that could give us a real boost for the final months.

“In modern football, a moment can change anything and boost enthusiasm on one side or tear down the confidence of the other.

“We’re not in our best moment, but it’s not disastrous either.”

Chiellini took over the Juventus captaincy from Gigi Buffon, who was knocked out with Paris Saint-Germain by Manchester United in another last-gasp penalty.

“I felt bad for Gigi, as I was cheering him on and was disappointed by how that ended.”

All eyes will be on Cristiano Ronaldo, especially with his excellent record against Atletico Madrid.

“I am 100 per cent convinced Cristiano Ronaldo will be Cristiano Ronaldo tomorrow.”

This will be Chiellini’s 500th official appearance in a Juventus jersey.

“I hope it will be a game worthy of being memorable among the 500. I think one of the best memories in the Champions League was the 0-0 at Barcelona, because not everyone keeps a clean sheet at Camp Nou. I hope tomorrow’s will take over as the most memorable.”

Diego Simeone caused controversy with his celebration in the first leg, where he pointed to his crotch.

“We have such important objectives that we have no interest in what others do. We want to celebrate for ourselves, not in the face of anyone.

“Atletico Madrid are probably the European team most similar to ours, as they are solid in defence and have always achieved their results as a team and not just with individuals. That doesn’t mean they don’t have weak points, as we all do, nor does it mean they’ll keep a clean sheet tomorrow.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)