Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (42 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I remember once there was a discussion once in Spain about who is a better GK, Casillas or Valdes. I was watching these two dudes on TV debating and one of them said "Its easy to say Valdes is a good coach, or that Pique is a good defender when they are rarely under pressure because Barca's attack and midfield do their job. Barca has 70+% ball posession, score goals and in doing so they relief the pressure on the deffence and GK so they look better than most defences and GKs."

When it comes to Chiellini, i would say it is the same thing. As our quality in attack has fallen drastically and our midfield couldnt keep posession even if their lives depended on it, he is put under a lot more pressure than previous years so it is only expected that his weaknesses (like passing) come out more. If your team constantly looses posession and gives the oposing team the ball, and when you are asked to play a passing game when you are a defender, its easy to look not so good.

As long as both Matuidi and Khedira play in the starting line up, we will struggle and will conceed more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
What world you talking about? You mean the world of only Juve fans overhyping his clumsy slips and atrocious passing?
you are so much of a idiot that you can not even REALISE every mistake made in defence would of have never happened if chiellini was there
first , when he is injured for big games , you go crazy
when he makes one mistake and its because of the fact that midfield lost possesion and they have to shoot the ball at chiellini not pass but shoot you blame him of course
and you are not even a juventus fan , idiot lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

What world you talking about? You mean the world of only Juve fans overhyping his clumsy slips and atrocious passing?
and what do you call a fanboy? everyone has a favourite player , what if i have mine and you have yours ? do i have to call you fanboy fanboy and annoy you?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
you are so much of a idiot that you can not even REALISE every mistake made in defence would of have never happened if chiellini was there
This is a lie :sarcasm:

first , when he is injured for big games , you go crazy
I don't. I wish him a slow-painless recovery.

when he makes one mistake and its because of the fact that midfield lost possesion and they have to shoot the ball at chiellini not pass but shoot you blame him of course
*Chiellini slips* It's the midfielders.
*Chiellini casually passes the ball to opposition* It's the midfieders.

Chiellini is the master of shooting at his teammates instead of a passing. He has a problem with ball control and calculating the weight of a simple pass like any normal footballer would do.

He's aging and already lost the attributes that made us close an eye on his horrible footballing skills.

and you are not even a juventus fan , idiot lmao.
Of course :baus:

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
This is a lie :sarcasm:

I don't. I wish him a slow-painless recovery.

*Chiellini slips* It's the midfielders.
*Chiellini casually passes the ball to opposition* It's the midfieders.

Chiellini is the master of shooting at his teammates instead of a passing. He has a problem with ball control and calculating the weight of a simple pass like any normal footballer would do.

He's aging and already lost the attributes that made us close an eye on his horrible footballing skills.

Of course :baus:
go ahead and keep hating on him , you make 0 sense tbh.

Apr 19, 2007
When he completely dominated Tottenham everyone in the world was baffled that he was so good. Thats what I was referring to. Not really going to argue with an idiot about if Chiellini is good because of his passing ability. Go watch Man city and love their great passing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I remember once there was a discussion once in Spain about who is a better GK, Casillas or Valdes. I was watching these two dudes on TV debating and one of them said "Its easy to say Valdes is a good coach, or that Pique is a good defender when they are rarely under pressure because Barca's attack and midfield do their job. Barca has 70+% ball posession, score goals and in doing so they relief the pressure on the deffence and GK so they look better than most defences and GKs."

When it comes to Chiellini, i would say it is the same thing. As our quality in attack has fallen drastically and our midfield couldnt keep posession even if their lives depended on it, he is put under a lot more pressure than previous years so it is only expected that his weaknesses (like passing) come out more. If your team constantly looses posession and gives the oposing team the ball, and when you are asked to play a passing game when you are a defender, its easy to look not so good.

As long as both Matuidi and Khedira play in the starting line up, we will struggle and will conceed more.
It's true that exposed defenders will eventually look bad no matter their level. Chiellini's weakness is not defending but when you ask him to be a regular distributor. He has made some (hilarious) killer passes this year but generally without Bonucci teams now press Benatia and force Chiellini to be a playmaker because they know it's not his strength. But that's why we have Pjanic.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
To be honest, I don't see much of a decline. I just see a decline in the players in front of him that leave him more and more open every year. Every CB is in shambles with attackers running at them nowadays. You can't make a foul because it's a yellow straight away.

I'm still very comfortable with him as long as there is a decent midfield ahead of him. Some of the anticipatory tackles he makes are not given proper credit. He still has burst and instinct in his own box that few CBs have.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
When he completely dominated Tottenham everyone in the world was baffled that he was so good. Thats what I was referring to. Not really going to argue with an idiot about if Chiellini is good because of his passing ability. Go watch Man city and love their great passing.
:howler:

In the first leg, along with Buffon, he was clearly responsible for both goals and had an awful game.

In the second leg, he let Kane get passed him like a novice and be 1-on-1 with Buffon. If it weren't for kane's poor finish we would have been 0-2 at HT. Then, he makes a decent sliding tackle which could've resulted in an own goal and you wankers hail it as a world class performance lol.

And no, I don't want him to pass the ball like a Man City player. I want him to pass and control the ball like a regular footballer. But he's too old to learn that by now.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006

In the first leg, along with Buffon, he was clearly responsible for both goals and had an awful game.

In the second leg, he let Kane get passed him like a novice and be 1-on-1 with Buffon. If it weren't for kane's poor finish we would have been 0-2 at HT. Then, he makes a decent sliding tackle which could've resulted in an own goal and you wankers hail it as a world class performance lol.

And no, I don't want him to pass the ball like a Man City player. I want him to pass and control the ball like a regular footballer. But he's too old to learn that by now.
Ho Lee Fak
:lol:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...Champions-League-2017-2018-Tottenham-Juventus to freshen up your memory.

btw, when is he signing the new contract? the season will be over in 2 days, surely we'll deal with this then?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
To be honest, I don't see much of a decline. I just see a decline in the players in front of him that leave him more and more open every year. Every CB is in shambles with attackers running at them nowadays. You can't make a foul because it's a yellow straight away.

I'm still very comfortable with him as long as there is a decent midfield ahead of him. Some of the anticipatory tackles he makes are not given proper credit. He still has burst and instinct in his own box that few CBs have.
Neither do I. He's still the same great, yet clumsy, defender he always was.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017

watch this video and look at how much passion he puts before every tackle
and no its not only defending you are talking about
''he cant pass'' sure you gave 2 assists this season
and about that dribbling they are letting him go because they know they cant stop him when he runs
your hating makes 0 sense and you should be kicked out with a leg out of this forum , instead of banning me 3 times for defending a veteran player.

- - - Updated - - -

and no its not only defending you are talking about
''he cant pass'' sure you gave 2 assists this season
and about that dribbling they are letting him go because they know they cant stop him when he runs
your hating makes 0 sense and you should be kicked out with a leg out of this forum , instead of banning me 3 times for defending a veteran player.

- - - Updated - - -

and i also remember you and some idiots blaming him vs roma game and writing ''he was weakest in our defence line today tbh'' meanwhile he did 3 tackles that stopped attacker from either scoring or making a assist

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Honestly why bother reading any more this K.O guys bitter BS?

Chiellini is still an amazing defender who man marks like no other. But is predictably clumsy and shit in passing. It's a team and midfield flaw if your Defensive general needs to see that much ball til that becomes an issue.

Which it isn't, because you can find alot better passing CB, but most of them don't have a third of his obbsessed defensive instincts.

Only issue Chiellini has is health, more and more injury prone. But aslong as he is fit he should start for coming seasons.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I've never questioned his heart or passion.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly why bother reading any more this K.O guys bitter BS?

Chiellini is still an amazing defender who man marks like no other. But is predictably clumsy and $#@! in passing. It's a team and midfield flaw if your Defensive general needs to see that much ball til that becomes an issue.

Only issue Chiellini has is health, more and more injury prone. But aslong as he is fit he should start for coming seasons.
Yea why bother? And then lists the exact issues I pointed out on why Chiellini shouldn't be a starter :howler:

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Yea why bother? And then lists the exact issues I pointed out on why Chiellini shouldn't be a starter :howler:
i agree , he is old and he might give chance to younger people but your hate on him is pointless , i dont get it..

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
i agree , he is old and he might give chance to younger people but your hate on him is pointless , i dont get it..
Again. I do not hate Giorgio Chiellini. Yes, I've always had issues with his footballing skills but that never overshadowed his passionate tackling and immense heart in the past. Today it is different. I just love Juve and think he shouldn't be a starter anymore. The same way I absolutely love Barzagli and don't want to see him start games next season.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
Again. I do not hate Giorgio Chiellini. Yes, I've always had issues with his footballing skills but that never overshadowed his passionate tackling and immense heart in the past. Today it is different. I just love Juve and think he shouldn't be a starter anymore. The same way I absolutely love Barzagli and don't want to see him start games next season.
:tup:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

If the issue is passing, should this not indicate that the problem itself is that he has the ball and is given responsibility to create with it to begin with? This would tell us that the problem is in midfield, not with him.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If the issue is passing, should this not indicate that the problem itself is that he has the ball and is given responsibility to create with it to begin with? This would tell us that the problem is in midfield, not with him.
He's a football player, these are basics. I don't want him to create anything, I'm not looking for a Bonucci. My issue is with his simple passes and the way he controls the ball which leads to numerous slips and misplaced passes to opposition in our half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)