Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (76 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
absolutely the worst time to lose a fighter like Chiellini. hopefully he can transmit his spirit to his teammates from the sidelines

him not signing a new contract is shitty, obviously there are some problems. maybe behind the scenes he is pushing for Barza and Gigi to stay? they do seem like best friends

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Chiellini is pushing for Gigi to stay? As Agnelli said earlier, only Buffon can decide and whatever he wants will happen.

Barzagli should leave as a respected champion that he is and Chiellini shouldn't be a starter.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Chiellini is pushing for Gigi to stay? As Agnelli said earlier, only Buffon can decide and whatever he wants will happen.

Barzagli should leave as a respected champion that he is and Chiellini shouldn't be a starter.
I'm just speculating why on earth Chiellini, the guy supposed to be our next captain, hasn't signed under an extension yet, 4 rounds until the end of season, something must be going on.

I don't think it's about Giorgio wanting a bigger salary/contract length, to me he's either looking for a new challenge or using his leverage to help out his brothers

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'm just speculating why on earth Chiellini, the guy supposed to be our next captain, hasn't signed under an extension yet, 4 rounds until the end of season, something must be going on.

I don't think it's about Giorgio wanting a bigger salary/contract length, to me he's either looking for a new challenge or using his leverage to help out his brothers
I don't think he's got a leverage. Chiellini is 34 next season and has clearly lost a lot.

Obviously, I can see the captain dilemma after Buffon retires. But we don't need to be forced to start a player, clearly in the decline, just because he's the next captain in line.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't think he's got a leverage. Chiellini is 34 next season and has clearly lost a lot.

Obviously, I can see the captain dilemma after Buffon retires. But we don't need to be forced to start a player, clearly in the decline, just because he's the next captain in line.
well, for starters, he's clearly our best defender, we all saw what a great pairing Benatia-Rugani can be

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Then who is our best defender?
Benatia has been putting better performances than Chiellini. Yes, he made two errors in Madrid and against Napoli, but Chiellini has been making triple the amount and getting away with it for years.

What I hope is, to sign a defender better than both next season. If Benatia/Chiellini is our best defenders next season, we are truly fucked.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Benatia has been putting better performances than Chiellini. Yes, he made two errors in Madrid and against Napoli, but Chiellini has been making triple the amount and getting away with it for years.

What I hope is, to sign a defender better than both next season. If Benatia/Chiellini is our best defenders next season, we are truly fucked.
lol, you're such a hater I think I'll feel good for you when Chiellini leaves the team :lol: but let's not go down this road again, this time I know that you're incapable of backing up your argument with facts, so lets just stick to me loving Chiellini and you hating him

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
lol, you're such a hater I think I'll feel good for you when Chiellini leaves the team :lol: but let's not go down this road again, this time I know that you're incapable of backing up your argument with facts, so lets just stick to me loving Chiellini and you hating him
Cheers :beer: I hope we see that day very soon.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

As a defender your performances are meaningless when you make the two biggest mistakes of the season.

It's a shame, because I think Benatia has a lot of potential and clearly we are much better when he's on the pitch. But as a defender that is what matters most.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
One can hope that he is gone and that we've got a semi decent defender, but good footballer lined up.
One can hope that once you are gone that you've got a semi decent breakfast, but with cyanide mixed in

- - - Updated - - -

I cant believe i'm reading "would be juve fans" bashing the monument to this club that is chiellini.

If shitty the fancy fuck misses 40017 chances but scores a clutch goal, people are like "awww, shitty has done it again, i lav him"

If a defender from a defensive oriented team (we are, ALOT of the time), puts in monumental performances its like "Oh this is the standard we need to expect from the most shitty of players". if he makes one slip of concentration its like "oh dis guy sucks, ffs, we need new and better".

Every game Giorgio ever made a mistake, we had forwards missing good chances. But thats normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)