Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (40 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yeah.

Of course, we're not used to conceding tons of goals, so I do understand how people would get the impression that we're a lot worse. To be honest, I catch myself thinking the same thing every once in a while. But that's really not based on actual facts.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Chiellini: 'My last Italy game’
By Football Italia staff

Giorgio Chiellini confirmed his Italy retirement, complimented Sweden on their World Cup qualification and called this exit “Zero Hour” for the Azzurri.

The 0-0 draw at San Siro was not enough to overturn the 1-0 first leg defeat to Sweden, so the Nazionale miss their first World Cup since 1958.

“At the end of the day it was deserved. I am not someone who clings to good luck or the referee, we compliment Sweden. We gave everything we had, but evidently at this moment it was not enough and they deserved it more than we did,” the Juventus defender told Rai Sport.

“We must resume from the love shown to us from Milan, but also the whole nation. We were truly proud of everything around us and therefore even more disappointed not to get the result.

“We have many young lads who over the next few years will need this same love and support. It’s a long road ahead and after a fall like this there is much work to be done.

“Over the last three years or so we have asked for this love to never leave the Nazionale. Italy will begin again from Marco Verratti and many other lads born in the 1990s who will be mature for the next Euros, which fortunately we’ll have some games at home.

“I am certain that if what we saw tonight can be built on, it will be seen as a Zero Hour. Italy hadn’t missed the World Cup in 60 years, so clearly it is a sea change. Football belongs to everyone and we all want to create a new era.”

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Made a few errors, but overall he conducted himself well. Was definitely not the reason Italy went out tonight.

That fucking midfield and attack was just atrocious. Our boys, Chiellini and Barzagli, had a good showing at the back - overall.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Man.

This younger generation must be shitting themselves right now. There is literally no one to take the torch.

Zero leadership on that team.

Imagine being Verratti right now...

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Damn, perfect time for that cliche "When it rains, it pours." :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Man.

This younger generation must be shitting themselves right now. There is literally no one to take the torch.

Zero leadership on that team.

Imagine being Verratti right now...
"yea all the greats left the team and they expected me to lead the way. Just like that my football days was over."

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Made a few errors, but overall he conducted himself well. Was definitely not the reason Italy went out tonight.

That fucking midfield and attack was just atrocious. Our boys, Chiellini and Barzagli, had a good showing at the back - overall.
Did you not see the absolute fuckery of a tackle Barzagli did towards the end of the game. That was something back from 2007 or something.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im in part happy chiello will retire.

Because that way, thos fukers left will have to man up and carry the torch without any old guard to protect them. They are on their own now

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Chiellini: 'My last Italy game’
By Football Italia staff

Giorgio Chiellini confirmed his Italy retirement, complimented Sweden on their World Cup qualification and called this exit “Zero Hour” for the Azzurri.

The 0-0 draw at San Siro was not enough to overturn the 1-0 first leg defeat to Sweden, so the Nazionale miss their first World Cup since 1958.

“At the end of the day it was deserved. I am not someone who clings to good luck or the referee, we compliment Sweden. We gave everything we had, but evidently at this moment it was not enough and they deserved it more than we did,” the Juventus defender told Rai Sport.

“We must resume from the love shown to us from Milan, but also the whole nation. We were truly proud of everything around us and therefore even more disappointed not to get the result.

“We have many young lads who over the next few years will need this same love and support. It’s a long road ahead and after a fall like this there is much work to be done.

“Over the last three years or so we have asked for this love to never leave the Nazionale. Italy will begin again from Marco Verratti and many other lads born in the 1990s who will be mature for the next Euros, which fortunately we’ll have some games at home.

“I am certain that if what we saw tonight can be built on, it will be seen as a Zero Hour. Italy hadn’t missed the World Cup in 60 years, so clearly it is a sea change. Football belongs to everyone and we all want to create a new era.”

Unfortunately his Azzurri career was not the greatest. I'll always remember his horrible performance in the 2012 final, when he was clearly injured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)