Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (114 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
so why did he shoot? was the whole order decided before the shootout or do you pick only the 1st 5 shooters and later the rest shoots in a random order? in both cases, why do you have your technically most limited player on the field shoot a penalty? why put him ahead of Pereyra, Evra, Padoin? why was Evra, a guy who played striker in his early career and is 100% a better shooter of anything, especially a penalty, put to shoot last? what kind of logic did Allegri use here if it was his choice anyway

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
so why did he shoot? was the whole order decided before the shootout or do you pick only the 1st 5 shooters and later the rest shoots in a random order? in both cases, why do you have your technically most limited player on the field shoot a penalty? why put him ahead of Pereyra, Evra, Padoin? why was Evra, a guy who played striker in his early career and is 100% a better shooter of anything, especially a penalty, put to shoot last? what kind of logic did Allegri use here if it was his choice anyway
Theres was no logic involved, Dont sweat it.

Sadly, allegri just picked taking in consideraton names and experience, and since chiello is oe of our renowned names...there you go.
Allegri lost the cup in that move.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Lesbionics, kids.

Penalty shoot-outs have very little to do with finishing skills etc. The mental state of a player is the most important asset. You know.. keeping the head kool.

Y'all are making too much fuss out of Allegri's choice and Chiellini's miss.

- - - Updated - - -

as bad as hes been lately, hes not here to score penals
:agree:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i was watching dis game on bein sports france. when killini went to take the penatly, i swear the commentator called him "go go gorilla chiellini" :lol:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
:lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

He's been satisfactory lately, imo
I think he's been supreme defensively, winning duels and crucial tackles, ever since we moved to a back 4. That pen wasn't on him, but on whoever thought that it was a good idea to let him take one, probably a coach needs to take a fair share of blame. I'd honestly rather choose Buffon as our desigated penalty taker ahead of him.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I was mad when he stepped up to the penalty spot, it should have been Evra or Padoin at that moment. I had a bad feeling for Pereyra as well, as i know he really does suck in front of goal.

I cant believe we lost this match

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
In the past two years, after that injury chiellini is in a decline.
It seems now that he cant find his old form, he is a liability and the problem is multiplied by the fact that he played beside the time bomb bonucci and also has to cover
up for him too.
We are in need of new quality CBs
Losing that penalty is the least of our concerns, if we had decent solidarity we would never have reached there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)