Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (33 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Can anyone name a centre half who didn't have a player or a type of player they struggled against?

Chiellini has Drogba, Vidic had Torres, Cannavaro was made to look stupid by Henry on occasion.

And those are just some of the best who had a individual they found hard to play.

Most defenders - even very good ones - will have a weakness either against players with serious physical presence or those with pace.

And if no weakness is apparent it probably means that, in addition to being an excellent defender, they had a great team around them who were good at covering the weakness the defender had.

And before anyone says Barzagli, there is a reason that Chiellini is still the Juve defender nominated to go and take on the big guys like Drogba.
Chiellini is plain better at going against the big players tbh. Drogba is just the rare occasion of beeing strong enough to keep chiellini of the ball, AND good enough movement and ball controll to prevent the crushing tackle.

Barzagli is good at anticipating when its his moment, but not constantly.

Thing is, Chiellini isnt in his best form. Hopefully, he'll get there.

on your question, i was about to say "Nesta", but then i recalled Ronaldo (bra). i dont think anyone ever managed to succesfully mark him pre injury

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This man has to be right footed. Once upon a time he decided to troll the world and trick us all into thinking that the left foot is his stronger one. Thus the clumsiness. Just watch him. It looks so unnatural when he uses the left foot. Most of the players will look like Giorgio if they use solely their weaker foot.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Like I said on whatsup during the game, it's crazy how clumsy this guy is. Watching him with the ball makes me think how he ever became a football player. He holds it with such frustration and aggression it's crazy, it's like he can't control his own body. Even when he starts running with the ball I have a feeling he's going to fall flat on his face. I know defenders (generally) have weaker technique, but I don't think I've ever seen a defender that's this clumsy with the ball.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
It's comical.
Seriously, I've stopped giving a fvck and worrying whenever he receives the ball, and now I look at the funny side of it, and I can tell you during our games I'm looking forward for him to start his clown show with the ball, cuz it's fvckin hilarious. :D

Jul 1, 2010
Like I said on whatsup during the game, it's crazy how clumsy this guy is. Watching him with the ball makes me think how he ever became a football player. He holds it with such frustration and aggression it's crazy, it's like he can't control his own body. Even when he starts running with the ball I have a feeling he's going to fall flat on his face. I know defenders (generally) have weaker technique, but I don't think I've ever seen a defender that's this clumsy with the ball.
I'd love to see him try to shoot a penalty :D

In a friendly match, of course.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
People that are known to be of the peasant race, offcourse dont understand anything about life. And tactics

Juventus, without pirlo, has a build up issue. Pogba, partially because he is very young, cannot move in channels and create diagonal passing routes like the maesto does. Because of this, he cannot manage to evade marking, or quickly combine to get past the midfield.
What opponents see, is that if you mark the fullbacks and pogba, with pirlo abscent, is that we stuggle to build up.

So what we do instead, is have our fastest defender, run between the market positions.

Chiellini, simply makes a 20-30 meter forward run. it looks clumsy, but it works. However, the team isnt responding as they should. without pirlo (again)

When chiellini comes at the endpoint (the holding midfield territory), allready pirlo would offer a passing solution, and tevez. However, as it was clear today, we were as allways static, and didnt offer a passing option.

So what happens is that chiellini passes 30 meters back to bonucci, who launches it to llorente.

THIS, is silly. But its what you get when playing with BtB midfielders. We dont have playmakers aside from pirlo. our midfield should offer passing options to build up from there.

There. Once again, the incredibly stupid peasant race was talking crap about something they didnt understand.

Thank god you got me to clarify.

I will now accept 20 minutes of butthurt flaming and insulting me because i schooled you all with elitist attitude that i deserve.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
"run between the market positions"
Well that explains a lot of things, specially with Christmas just around the corner...
so that's what chiello's doing: running between the market positions :heart:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
People that are known to be of the peasant race, offcourse dont understand anything about life. And tactics

Juventus, without pirlo, has a build up issue. Pogba, partially because he is very young, cannot move in channels and create diagonal passing routes like the maesto does. Because of this, he cannot manage to evade marking, or quickly combine to get past the midfield.
What opponents see, is that if you mark the fullbacks and pogba, with pirlo abscent, is that we stuggle to build up.

So what we do instead, is have our fastest defender, run between the market positions.

Chiellini, simply makes a 20-30 meter forward run. it looks clumsy, but it works. However, the team isnt responding as they should. without pirlo (again)

When chiellini comes at the endpoint (the holding midfield territory), allready pirlo would offer a passing solution, and tevez. However, as it was clear today, we were as allways static, and didnt offer a passing option.

So what happens is that chiellini passes 30 meters back to bonucci, who launches it to llorente.

THIS, is silly. But its what you get when playing with BtB midfielders. We dont have playmakers aside from pirlo. our midfield should offer passing options to build up from there.

There. Once again, the incredibly stupid peasant race was talking crap about something they didnt understand.

Thank god you got me to clarify.

I will now accept 20 minutes of butthurt flaming and insulting me because i schooled you all with elitist attitude that i deserve.
:lol: :lol:

:touched:

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Again trying to be regista ala Pirlo, his stupid passes making Atalanta recover the ball easily and pressuring Bonucci and Barza through the whole game.
I can believe a coach like Conte alows him to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)