Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (28 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Chiellini rejects Real Madrid links​
Saturday 14 May, 2011
Giorgio Chiellini laughed off links to Real Madrid and told Juventus “changing Coach every year isn’t helping.”

The defender is one of the big stars in Turin and has recently been the subject of transfer gossip in Spain.

Those stories intensified when Real President Florentino Perez was spotted at lunch with Juve director general Beppe Marotta on Thursday.

“I don’t know anything about transfer rumours, I just know that I want to stay at Juventus,” Chiellini told the club website.

“As for Real Madrid, up until a few weeks ago the media said I already had my bags packed for a move to England.... I think the club is focusing on keeping me here.”

Juventus have failed to qualify for the Champions League and risk missing out on Europe altogether, so it looks as if Coach Gigi Del Neri will be axed in the summer.

“I think that changing Coach every year isn’t helping. Del Neri is an exceptional person and an excellent tactician. The blame for this season has to be shared around between everyone,” noted Chiellini.

“Udinese probably deserve the fourth Champions League spot, even if I am struggling to believe we won’t get into Europe.”

Because Palermo reached the Coppa Italia Final against already-qualified Inter, the Sicilians will go into the Europa League whether they win the trophy or not.

It means only the top six Serie A sides go into Europe – top three directly into the Champions League, fourth into the preliminary round, while fifth and sixth enter the Europa League.

http://www.football-italia.net/may14b.html

Aug 1, 2003
Love these comments from him. No excuses, damn right.
(His performance lately leaves much to be desired for though)

google translated:

Chiellini: "We are disappointed, but we deserve it '
May 15, 2011

'And' take the useless around. There is great disappointment, even beyond the outcome of the Rome. The Champions League would have saved the season, because there is no difference between it and do not do it. But there we deserved it. " Giorgio Chiellini is manifested in all its despair after the defeat against Parma. The race, he admits, from Emilia "They deserved to win. We can complain about a few episodes, Martinez could have scored, but overall this is right. We struggled to sell off the disappointment to come on Sunday and Monday is obviously not possible. George sees Europe now virtually unattainable, "I do not think that Roma lose at home. We lost one thousand trains this year every time we had the opportunity to turn we have not succeeded, paradoxically, while we did well when we had nothing to ask. When we had to make the quantum leap we have always missed the game. E 'was our fault and we should not hide great. We've never been the team. We had those two months when we were flying and I can make another championship. Parma from going with a broken toy and we are no longer able to regroup. At the end of the season, with the coldest mind, disposed of the anger we take stock of the situation and try to improve where we are not suitable or capable. Another total revolution I think too much, but there will certainly be some changes "

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Chiellini: "The Europa League would have saved the season. We were never a real team."

"I'm not going to talk about my future in a heated moment like this, there's too much delusion, I have to let it pass first."

"Being out of Europe really annoys me, but there will be time to discuss my future."

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Well said Chiello. Thats also a clear slating of the managers ability and work, which is exactly what we need to make sure he's sacked. We've not been a "team" since we got rid of Ranieri. Unfortunately in our "team" we have only Buffon, Chiellini, Melo and Del Piero that actually care about winning. Everyone else has the same mid table mentality. We have to buy winners this summer. The ironic thing is that no winners will want to play for a loser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)