Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (74 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Thiago silva >>> chiellini
that is besides the point, Thiago silva is a far more elegant defender than chiellini will ever be, chiellini will never reach the levels of the nesta's, cananvaro's and vidic's of this world, honestly speaking if bids arrived for chiellini at around 30 mill i'd happily take it and invest it on someone who defends using his brain, and not just his heart.
I heard your knee jerking all the way from here. You must have a very big knee.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Nedvěd;2935895 said:
Sarcastic right?
No, I'm very serious. Chiellini has been below average defender this season and Chiellini is just the type of defenders that needs someone beside him to organize the defensive line like Montero/Cannavaro/Ciro because he himself is not capable of this and he's simply not a defensive leader.

I know we've also been below average as a team but there are some players you would expect them to make differences from time to time specially when they're so young and have potential like Chiellini.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
No, I'm very serious. Chiellini has been below average defender this season and Chiellini is just the type of defenders that needs someone beside him to organize the defensive line like Montero/Cannavaro/Ciro because he himself is not capable of this and he's simply not a defensive leader.

I know we've also been below average as a team but there are some players you would expect them to make differences from time to time specially when they're so young and have potential like Chiellini.
wow simply wow

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
He's a real fighter and it's great if he's indeed doing what you say he's doing, but we both know that he still must be more careful in trainings. He won't motivate his teammates and he won't get the wanted reaction from them if he gets them badly injured. He will only weaken the squad.
It's in his nature to always give 100% and always fight for every ball, but he's also a bit clumsy and that's why he needs to take it a bit more easy in trainings.

Yeah...maybe should've been a UFC fighter; imagine that

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
Last I checked, elegance isn't a necessary attribute for a defender. Let Thiago Silva play in this mess and we'll see how great he is.
The problem is Chiellini himself is one of the players causing the mess.

Chiellini has got brute force, and that's about it. He's a horrible passer, he's running around like a headless chicken fucking up the offside trap constantly and in general he seems to be utter brainless allways making the wrong decisions.

Silva is on a whole other level.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
How can anyone bash Chiellini? he isn't playing well atm but neither is the rest of the team in general, he's shown how good he can be, he had no cover in midfield yesterday. Neither Aquilani or Marchisio should be used as a defensive midfielder and they did nothing to help the defence..both were almost invisible in the second half yesterday

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I've always found Chiellini to be a random lunger - sometimes it works, sometimes he kills a guy and misses the ball, sometimes he gives away free kicks/penalties.

Lunges in far too often

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The problem is Chiellini himself is one of the players causing the mess.

Chiellini has got brute force, and that's about it. He's a horrible passer, he's running around like a headless chicken fucking up the offside trap constantly and in general he seems to be utter brainless allways making the wrong decisions.

Silva is on a whole other level.
Causing the mess, huh? You must have the memory of a typical Juventuz member because you don't seem to remember that when the rest of the team were dragging their asses all along the pitch, he would be the only one giving a respectable performance and saving the team at times. Eventually, like Gigi, the greatest keeper of the last few generations, the rest of the team's stink dragged him down.
I've always found Chiellini to be a random lunger - sometimes it works, sometimes he kills a guy and misses the ball, sometimes he gives away free kicks/penalties.

Lunges in far too often
Sometimes he gives away penalties? :shocked: You don't say! Let's not exaggerate now, he is no Mexes or Burdisso.

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
Causing the mess, huh? You must have the memory of a typical Juventuz member because you don't seem to remember that when the rest of the team were dragging their asses all along the pitch, he would be the only one giving a respectable performance and saving the team at times. Eventually, like Gigi, the greatest keeper of the last few generations, the rest of the team's stink dragged him down.
I have no problem recognising that Chiellini in the past has played alot better than now.

But the thing is, that even back then, the flaws mentioned above was still there. He is way to limited to ever become a great CB.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
still this match won't affect my situation and opinion on Chiellini. still my best CB in the world right now. go guys and watch the other mighty classy CBs for the whole season and you will realize that even though chiellini is a butcher and he is wild and not elegant. his poor matches are much much much better than the others and his errors ain't that much. idk this guy makes me fill secure for most of the time. and forget the team situation and the defenders he has to cover. this guy is a monster!!!

FORZAAAAAAAAA CHIELLINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)