Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (55 Viewers)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Wenger said that Chiellini currently is the best defender in Europe.Arsenal won't get him though,he's way too old for them.

Del Piero and Buffon have to be careful though:Their kids are already on Wenger's shortlist according to goal.com.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
u know u can edit posts in here .. click on edit ..
Why is he not allowed to call him handsome ? Do you think that's gay in some way ? Is that the reason why you want him to edit his post, because you think it makes him sound gay or do you think he is gay ? Lastly, do you think Del Piero is handsome or ugly ? What would you say ?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec31f.html

Legendary Juventus hard man Paolo Montero stands up for Steven Gerrard. “I used to get in fights with Fiorentina fans all the time!”

Liverpool hero Gerrard was charged with assault and affray following an alleged incident at a local nightclub that left a 34-year-old man in hospital with facial injuries.

“Sometimes I tell myself that I went over the top, but then I shake my own hand and think at least I never faked anything,” Montero told La Stampa newspaper.

“We are men too, exactly like everyone else. In that precise moment at night, you don’t feel like the number one player in the world. You are simply a man who doesn’t want to be provoked.”

The Uruguayan still holds the record for more red cards than any other player in Serie A history – 13 in nine years at Juventus – and assures he understands where Gerrard is coming from.

“It happened to me, of course. I was in Viareggio with my dear friend 'Attila.’ Wherever we went, there were Fiorentina fans all around us. Imagine the scene, me a Juventus player surrounded by Viola supporters.

“The first time it was some swearing, the second a push and the third a punch.”

Montero is glad to see there is an heir to his throne at the heart of the Juventus defence, although one less likely to get sent off.

“I see myself in Chiellini. Giorgio is a tough guy, but more of a goalscorer than I was.”

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chiellini's New Year resolutions

Giorgio Chiellini is confident Juventus “can catch Inter” in 2009 and go all the way in the Champions League.

Our objective is to get back to wining something, whether it is the Scudetto or the Champions League,” the defender told Sky Italia television.

Both are entirely possible, as they’ll face Chelsea in the next round and are six points adrift of Inter in Serie A.

It is a shame about the difficult period we went through, as without that we would have been even closer to the Nerazzurri.

“However, that crisis helped us to become even more united. Now Inter must drop the pace a little bit for us to catch them, but we’ll try right to the end and we know the gap between us has shrunk.”

That difficult time saw Claudio Ranieri’s head on the chopping block, but Juve rallied to defeat Milan 4-2 and become the main challenger for the Serie A honours.

Chiellini is one of those who stuck with the Turin giants during their sojourn in Serie B and reveals the turning point in their post-Calciopoli journey.

The victory at San Siro against Inter after our return to Serie A was the moment we felt like Juventus again.

We were back to enjoying certain feelings that we had missed. The victories over Real Madrid had a similar effect on the European stage.”

Chiellini was one of the few Italy players to perform to a high standard at Euro 2008 and has become the bedrock of the defence.

He will take part in the Confederations Cup, but had a warning for Juventus teammate Amauri, who could choose to play for Italy or Brazil before their friendly meeting in London.

I hope on February 10 that Amauri will be playing with us. Otherwise I told him to be prepared, as I’ll give him a kicking!:D

channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)