Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (30 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Chiellini about Maldini:

"He's been the best for many years and if he is still playing now, it means he is far above the rest. He has been a model for me and many players of my generation. Being compared to him can only please me. He has a class and an elegance which I'll never be able to have."
I really hope he'll have 70% of what Maldini had. This way we'll be sure to have one of the finest defenders ever too.

Happy B'day for Paolo Maldini :touched:

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
Chiellini: I called Aquilani

Giorgio Chiellini has revealed that he urged Roma midfield ace Alberto Aquilani to join him at Juventus.

Juve are currently looking for a new midfielder after last summer’s additions Sergio Almiron and Tiago Mendes failed to make an impression.

Giallorossi and Azzurri star Aquilani was one of the Old Lady’s targets, but a move seems out of the question, much to Chiellini’s disappointment.

“I have been playing alongside Alberto in Italy’s youth sides since we were 15 and our parents are very close friends,” the Bianconeri defender said on Sky Sport Italia.

“We have always spoken regularly and I have constantly been telling him to come to Turin.

“I told him about how great this city is and said that the choice was left to him, but the situation isn’t simple because he grew up at Roma and he is strongly tied to that club.”

Juve now look likely to redouble their attempts to land Liverpool’s Xabi Alonso and could move for Inter man Dejan Stankovic, in spite of protests from the fans.

“There are no doubts about Alonso,” Chiellini stated. “He has proven himself year after year for Liverpool.

“He is a great player and he could help us. We need a great champion to help us fight Milan, Inter and Roma, but there are other names.

“Stankovic? It’s only natural that he wouldn’t be that popular here after playing for Inter for so many years,” Chiellini continued.

“However, a player of that type can win over the supporters after a few games.

“I don’t know what decision the club will make, but the fans can rest assured that if he came he would give his all to cancel out the memories of him in an Inter shirt.”

channel4.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
We Can Make Champions League Final - Chiellini
Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini talked about the national team and his ambition to lift a trophy in the coming season.It's almost time for every team to get back on the training ground for the summer. Next Thursday it's Juventus' turn, and defender Giorgio Chiellini thinks this year will be the right one to lift a trophy again.

"This year I want us to lift a trophy," he said.

Today he will be honored by politician Pier Ferdinando Casini as Italy's best player at Euro 2008. "I did not expect to do so well, but it should be a starting point for me," was his reaction to that.

On the national team and Marcello Lippi's return, he said: "Nothing changes for me, I only have to think about working hard and being ready. With Donadoni I've also done well."

Coming back on Juventus: "I can't wait to get started. I'm enjoying the last days of rest, but I talk to my team mates and the coach every day and I'm working on my own to restart well."

On the Champions League, Chiellini did not hide his ambition: "I can't wait to get back into Europe. With Capello I had played 6 games. This year I want to go all the way. In these competitions not always the best team wins: we will need to do great things, but we have what it takes to get to the final.

"We start from an excellent basis and we also have another new player coming in. Of course, it's not easy to rebuild the team of champions of the past, but we are on the right road."

Danilo Pochini

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
For me, there is something about Chielllini that says "winner". He has the same authority that Buffon has. You feel safe having these men on your team. :strong:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For me, there is something about Chielllini that says "winner". He has the same authority that Buffon has. You feel safe having these men on your team. :strong:
But unlike Buffon, he can be a real madman when he's impassioned. (Though I love seeing Buffon fired up for a big game -- it's awesome.) The difference with Chiellini is that he clearly gets better when he gets fired up. The way he can take down and school Ibrahimovic has got to be inspiring to the rest of the squad.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
But unlike Buffon, he can be a real madman when he's impassioned. (Though I love seeing Buffon fired up for a big game -- it's awesome.) The difference with Chiellini is that he clearly gets better when he gets fired up. The way he can take down and school Ibrahimovic has got to be inspiring to the rest of the squad.
Yeah Chiellini is the proverbial big game player. He played his worst in the 'easy' games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)