Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (52 Viewers)

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Just imagine we were that close to lose him during summer.
Why don't you imagine the other way around ?

Where could he ended up ? If that Man City rummors were even true , playing in the shitty EPL , whould he ever received call in the national team and scored amazing goal. Juventus is and always will be bigger then any player, he should thank Juve for becoming the player the he is or will ever be.

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
wow , i just saw the Chiellini Goal Highlight , what a goal , shoot from long range and everything just seems perfect today . :D

Engand Failed to Euro 2008 :D

they played badly, NO Defensive midfielder who could help the defence, every1 was up and croatia they defended well, and england got very very cheap penalty..too:disagree:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I'm Better In Central Defence - Chiellini

Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini talked about his brilliant goal against the Faroe Islands and revealed what's his favorite position to play in.

What a moment for Giorgio Chiellini. The defender is proving his worth more and more with Juventus, and now he's also likely to make the headlines with the Azzurri, considering the goal he scored against the Faroe Islands. A spectacular long-range effort that went in just under the crossbar after he'd made a 20-meter run, it was certainly not a bad goal to open his international goalscoring account with.

"I'm very happy," Chiellini said, "I don't score that often. My first goal with the national team will always stay in my memory."

It was a goal that might boost his chances of taking part in Italy's Euro 2008 adventure.

"I'm working hard to be a part of this group, and now that I'm part of it I want to stay," he continued. "Also with Juventus things are going well. If I'd start to rest on my laurels now it would be a big mistake."

His final comments were on his preferred position on the pitch which, considering recent performances, seems to be central defensive position: "I think I give my best as a central defender. I hope to continue improving in that role. Of course if needed I can play well as a full back too, but I think I will try to develop my qualities in central defence."

Goal.com
I completely agree with him. He is better and more needed as a CB and he really impresses me there. Hopefully this means that he will soon be transformed completely to a CB (he is not far away) as his physical power and intelligence really makes him look good there.

And hopefully no more fans will say that he is a LB and should play there.... :disagree:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
but his best hope for being a starter at the Euros is a LB. i think it would be easier to take grosso's spot than barzagli's. but as long as he plays CB for juve, i'm cool.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
but his best hope for being a starter at the Euros is a LB. i think it would be easier to take grosso's spot than barzagli's. but as long as he plays CB for juve, i'm cool.
IMO he will become a better player than Barzagli soon enough. Since Nesta is retired and Canna and Matrix are getting old he has a good chance of becoming a regular for Italy soon.

For Juve, he is immense as a CB and he will hopefully continue like that.

Zlatan is an egoist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)