Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (31 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
With hard but fair tackles.

Elbowing someone in the head, especially when they are not expecting it, is anything but manly.
It wasn't like he throw his elbow as his face hard his elbow was already near his face when they were jostling and the way they broke chiellinis elbow ended up hitting him. He could of avoided it yeah but he didn't really throw it with too much intent to damage.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I didn't see what happened today, but Chiellin is incredibly annoying. He's the most brainless player you'll find at that level of the game. Barzagli is twice the player he is.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yes Mexes has done it in the past too.
Does that mean its alright?
I take it that you also haven't seen the great defenders of the past, some of the brutalities they pulled and went unpunished. Today Chiello was fighting his war out there, he was constantly being picked by Roma players, Totti, Radja, later on even Pjanić, and really what would have anyone expected from him to do? To retreat with tail between his legs. No, it's not Chiello's style and I respect him for that. He received some beating, but gave some as well. :heart:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Bit harsh for a guy who gives his heart and sole to our club. It was an elbow big fucking deal he didn't even hit him that hard with it so lighten up this is supposed to be a mans game.
It was disgraceful, no two ways about it. I love it when players give it all for the club, I even like players who aren't necessarily clean all the time - but he was just an accident waiting to happen today.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He was fired up and I love it. The game meant very little but he was still willing to get stuck in. He has been one of our best players for years now since we were in serie B... some of the criticism he is receiving is way to harsh, yes he makes plenty of mistakes and can be reckless at times but he makes up for it the guy is a fucking beast and he is Juve to the bone. If he wasn't having to bail Bonucci out all the time you might see a more relaxed and less foul prone Chiellini.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Lets behonest here, Nzoric is right.

He had a jellow card allready and then just smashed his ellbow straight in his face... Should have allways been red. eighter straight red or second yellow.
And that would leave us with 10 for like what, more then 30 minutes ? And unlike us, roma got the playmakers to make the most of that 1 man extra.

It reminds me of the real madrid game, where we were beasting, and Chiellini basically ruined the game for us.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Lets behonest here, Nzoric is right.

He had a jellow card allready and then just smashed his ellbow straight in his face... Should have allways been red. eighter straight red or second yellow.
And that would leave us with 10 for like what, more then 30 minutes ? And unlike us, roma got the playmakers to make the most of that 1 man extra.

It reminds me of the real madrid game, where we were beasting, and Chiellini basically ruined the game for us.
No, that was a harsh red. Ronaldo princess made a meal of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)