Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (54 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Chiellini: “I wasn’t trying to elbow him, as I was just trying to block him from moving out of the wall, the same way you do in basketball. We were jostling each other, the referee saw and evaluated everything.

“You can’t say that just glancing by someone is the same as punching them in the face. People are trying to build up controversy that doesn’t exist.”

This is exactly how I seen the incident and described it before.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Yes it was a silly elbow, that he just about flicked and we all know he meant it. But I don't understand why it has annoyed Juve fans. We know what Chiellini does and he's damn good at the way he trolls opponents.
If it was in a big game then fair enough, but for me it wasn't, Roma made some rough challenges as if it was some kind of competitive game when it was a meaningless game a month before the World Cup?!

Like some others on here the only thing I think Chiello did wrong is he didn't smash his face harder with the all the cynical challenges they put it on him.

We have a team of solid professionals, it's ok to have one or two nutjobs in there for games where it kicks off or turns into a physical old school English scrap.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Chiellini: “I wasn’t trying to elbow him, as I was just trying to block him from moving out of the wall, the same way you do in basketball. We were jostling each other, the referee saw and evaluated everything.

“You can’t say that just glancing by someone is the same as punching them in the face. People are trying to build up controversy that doesn’t exist.”

This is exactly how I seen the incident and described it before.
Yep this explanation makes sense - Pjanic being pushed in the back by his team-mate made it look worse, and of course his play-acting made it look like someone launched a rocket at him. 30 seconds later he was up screaming why no free kick with not a single sign of pain or discomfort.

Really wish Chiellini had damaged him though...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Was hardly anything in that elbow... all of you condemning him are hypocrites unless you codemn every footballer whose ever used their elbows when challenging for a ball.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
The real disgusting low-life of the match was Totti. He blatantly rugby tackled Chiellini on 2 or 3 occasions and went in studs first on Bonucci. No one of course will ban that piece of waste.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Some people here condemning Chiellini in favour of Roma. Disgraceful. Oh no, Chiellini scraped somebody with his elbow. How evil of him. Meanwhile the Saints on the other side were slide tackling and headbutting our strikers every single time the ball was rolled into their feet. Not to mention that disgusting prick Totti who sadly didn't get a career ending tackle.

If some prick like that was slide tackling me all the time i'd make damn sure I left a foot or a knee in.

feagojr

l'architetto
May 8, 2014
I cant understand why Juve fans are getting so annoyed either especially in such a meaningless game.
Exactly, a meaningless game which begs why he did it , yeah we all know that chiellini is a large dude that hassles the other team and gets involved physically but look what happened when de rossi thew a punch in a match, he got left out of the international set up. Prandelli has that code of ethics and as an italian myself I really think that Prandelli would be that stubborn and leave him out due to the code of ethics. That means it messes it up for italy fans all over the world to see that one of the best if not the best italian centre back might not be in the world cup due to a cheeky elbow in a "meaningless" game.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Prandelli himself today said that the elbow wasn't a violent gesture, or something like that

It's confirmed he's going to the World Cup. Let's face it, the code of ethics will never apply to key players during a World Cup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)