Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (47 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's uncalled for.
Don't be surprised.
I rather like Chiellini at LB, because I always like one of the fullbacks to be quite inward looking. As you said, Chiellini does a lot of good work helping out in more central areas.

I also suspect there are more good CBs around than there are good LBs.
He has definitely done what Licht has done on the right, stopped pretty much everything. Aside from two rough performances where people were screaming for him to move back to CB, he has done quite well.

As you said it seems easier for us to bring a top CB to oust bonucci and keep Chiellini at LB, at least for the rest of the season. Perhaps come summer there will be some more attractive options for LB coming up?

I'd rather find a top CB to pair with Barzagli and keep Chiellini at LB for the remainder of the season(especially as Barzagli has been doing so darn well), then in the summer look for a top LB for long term. Bonucci needs to go and I just don't think we will find a top LB to buy in January. It's no secret that they are in short supply, so I am sure clubs will be looking to hold on to theirs as long as possible.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
There still is no doubt that when we return to the CL and partake in those epic matches against other top teams in the world, it's most beneficial to have Chiellini in the middle bossing the other team's top striker.

We just need Hummels beside him so Chiellini never has to make a forward pass.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There still is no doubt that when we return to the CL and partake in those epic matches against other top teams in the world, it's most beneficial to have Chiellini in the middle bossing the other team's top striker.

We just need Hummels beside him so Chiellini never has to make a forward pass.
Yep, no doubt. The hard part of us I would think is finding the right LB...I think we could find a really good CB to pair up with Chiellini, maybe not Hummels(which would be best IMO) but there are a lot of good CBs. LBs, not so much.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
Getting any good-enough LB would be fine IMO. In the summer.
Cos Chiellini at LB seems like a waste.
Once we get in the CL though, get Hummels beside Chiellini and Barza would be the super sub.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Getting any good-enough LB would be fine IMO. In the summer.
Cos Chiellini at LB seems like a waste.
Once we get in the CL though, get Hummels beside Chiellini and Barza would be the super sub.
Why would anyone want to sub out the second best or if not the best in form CB in Serie A?

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
Why would anyone want to sub out the second best or if not the best in form CB in Serie A?
My answer is in my previous post in this page already:

LB is the top priority now.
But we should also buy a great CB (Hummels) who can serve as either a starter or a backup. I would like to see our CBs as Hummels and Chiellini.
It's unfair though to put Barza on the bench. So maybe we need a CB in the winter mercato not now, when we are in CL and we actually need to rotate players.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Chiellini is a CB, who happens to have a lot of stamina and a slightly better ball control than most CB's, thats the only reason why he can play as LB. But the fact is, that we ALL know here that Chiellini is a CB and nothing more, since we ALL have witnessed it in the previous seasons. Chiellini is one of the top 5 CB's in the world, and when you look into it, Chiellini's performances as a CB in these last two seasons are the brightest dots in the complete darkness which our team was in..... Cant wait for him to return to his spot.....

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Chiellini is a CB, who happens to have a lot of stamina and a slightly better ball control than most CB's, thats the only reason why he can play as LB. But the fact is, that we ALL know here that Chiellini is a CB and nothing more, since we ALL have witnessed it in the previous seasons. Chiellini is one of the top 5 CB's in the world, and when you look into it, Chiellini's performances as a CB in these last two seasons are the brightest dots in the complete darkness which our team was in..... Cant wait for him to return to his spot.....
Disagree here, i think we're better off with Chiellini as a LB than a CB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)