Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (97 Viewers)

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Meh,

That would rip defences a new arsehole in Serie A.

Giovinco-Diego-Robinho.

Any sane person in the world would not want that. Save Chiellini and give City 25 million for Robinho, instead of throwing it at a Striker.
Sure, throw away Chiellini. I hope you're not serious.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Sure, throw away Chiellini. I hope you're not serious.
If we don't improve our defense in January. Then even with Chiellini in there, were still vulnerable. If a huge offer came in I would take it. In no means am I saying throw Chiellini away, but if an offer came in that was suitable then we should consider it.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
If we don't improve our defense in January. Then even with Chiellini in there, were still vulnerable. If a huge offer came in I would take it. In no means am I saying throw Chiellini away, but if an offer came in that was suitable then we should consider it.
Sure. But, realistically, selling Chiellini who is one of the most important players in this team, would just be another stupid move IMO

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
What kind of logic is that? So because Chiellini can't fix our whole back-line, we might aswell get rid of him aswell...? I really hope you've been watching our defense with and without Chiellini, and rethink how important he is.

In any case, we really shouldn't let go of Chiellini now, he's the only stable factor, that makes him even more important, not less important, because it's 'shit anyway'. fml.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
What kind of logic is that? So because Chiellini can't fix our whole back-line, we might aswell get rid of him aswell...? I really hope you've been watching our defense with and without Chiellini, and rethink how important he is.

In any case, we really shouldn't let go of Chiellini now, he's the only stable factor, that makes him even more important, not less important, because it's 'shit anyway'. fml.
Its marginly better mate, We have Chiellini, but he can't be their to cover the other 3 players all the time. Grosso is utter shit, Canna has completly lost it. Cacares is lapse at the back. I was just saying if we get a good enough offer, then we should be able to improve our whole defence.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Its marginly better mate, We have Chiellini, but he can't be their to cover the other 3 players all the time. Grosso is utter shit, Canna has completly lost it. Cacares is lapse at the back. I was just saying if we get a good enough offer, then we should be able to improve our whole defence.
I think Chiellini is more important than you give him credit for.

I see what you're saying, with alot of money we'd be able to buy a few defenders, but we should just get rid of the dead weight like Tiago and use that money to improve. Would kill me to see Chiellini go.

If only Secco could sell...

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008

I see what you're saying, with alot of money we'd be able to buy a few defenders, but we should just get rid of the dead weight like Tiago and use that money to improve. Would kill me to see Chiellini go.

Chiellini is one of the few players that could bring a hell of alot of money in. Who knows we may find a new Chiellini.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008

After DP and Buffon are gone, he will be the face of Juventus. So, it will definitely be a shame to off load him to another team.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Chiellini is future captain material, he holds the defense together when hes on the pitch a hell of a let better than cannavaro, the homophobe etc. If we loose him, we can essentially kiss goodbye to recovering this season.

Italia Todd

Dec 15, 2009
Chiellini is one of the few players that could bring a hell of alot of money in. Who knows we may find a new Chiellini.
Chiellini's do not grow on trees. "Who knows we might find the next Del Piero/Totti/Baggio ..." Great players don't grow on trees. If we want to be a great team, then we don't sell off our world class talent. That is utterly idiotic. Yes, we need to improve. But you don't IMPROVE by selling world class talent to bring in 2-3 good players who MIGHT one day be WC. You improve by selling off your dead wood and bringing in players who can grow into WC talent along side your existing world class talent.

Look at Liverpool. Sell/run Xabi Alonso out of town to bring in Glenn Johnson and Aquilani. Go from second in the league and serious title challengers to 8th in the league and failing to make the knockout rounds in the CL. THAT is what happens when you sell off top talent.

We have enough problems without selling top talent. Unless we get world class talent back we should not sell. And Robinho is NOT world class. (and with Chiellini, future captain material, and one of the leaders of the club, we shouldn't sell period).

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Chiellini's do not grow on trees. "Who knows we might find the next Del Piero/Totti/Baggio ..." Great players don't grow on trees. If we want to be a great team, then we don't sell off our world class talent. That is utterly idiotic. Yes, we need to improve. But you don't IMPROVE by selling world class talent to bring in 2-3 good players who MIGHT one day be WC. You improve by selling off your dead wood and bringing in players who can grow into WC talent along side your existing world class talent.

Look at Liverpool. Sell/run Xabi Alonso out of town to bring in Glenn Johnson and Aquilani. Go from second in the league and serious title challengers to 8th in the league and failing to make the knockout rounds in the CL. THAT is what happens when you sell off top talent.

We have enough problems without selling top talent. Unless we get world class talent back we should not sell. And Robinho is NOT world class. (and with Chiellini, future captain material, and one of the leaders of the club, we shouldn't sell period)
Hear hear, i will looose a lot of faith in football if man city make a move for him and if juve agree to sell him and i will have no respect for chi because he will be a sell out money grabbing whore to go for the move.

(+rep todd)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
How would it be? it certainly would solve our attacking options then we can focus our money on the backline.

Giovinco-Diego-Robinho.

That is wicked.
I do hope you're joking, Nick.
As it stands we have 4 or 5 players who should not be sold, no matter what. Chiellini is one of them.
I couldn't care less how much Man City (or an other team) is willing to pay for Giorgio. Chances are just way too high that we won't be able to replace him.

And Giovinco - Diego - Robinho? Seriously? We barely see Gio playing together with Diego. Never mind adding another flair player.

Exactly. As it stands, our defence is already the weakest part of team. Selling our best defender would make it even worse.
Canna will most likely be gone next season, Caceres could be sent back, Legro is not getting any younger and you just can't count on Grosso. If we also sell Giorgio, we would need a completely new backline next season, consisting of players who have never played together before.

Yep, that's just bound to be successful.

We have enough problems without selling top talent. Unless we get world class talent back we should not sell. And Robinho is NOT world class. (and with Chiellini, future captain material, and one of the leaders of the club, we shouldn't sell period).
Agree with everything you said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)