Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (45 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
Chiellini plays mind games
Friday 2 October, 2009
Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has ever so slightly dipped his toe into the mind games practiced by Inter Coach Jose Mourinho.

The 25-year-old Italy international chose to respond to a statement made by Mourinho a couple of weeks ago in which he said he would rather eat a plate of delicious calamari than watch Juventus.

Asked for his thoughts on the incident, Chiellini told Tuttosport: “I would advise Mourinho to eat the speciality of my hometown; he must try the cacciucco because it's really good.

“The rivalry with the Nerazzurri is okay when it comes down to these kinds of funny jokes like it has over the past few weeks.”

Just a point separates Inter and Juventus in Serie A. They are widely regarded as the two best teams in the Division and will meet in the Derby d'Italia on December 6.
C4

Dec 26, 2004
Chiellini looked good playing LB and LCB by himself yesterday.

Why did we get Grosso again?
Because Chiellini is a below average LB... he is clumsy with the ball in his feet, his first touch is disastrous, his decision making ain't that great and his crosses are nothing special.

He is hardly a step or two better LB than Molinaro and yes.... he is THAT bad.

Are you clear now?

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
Because Chiellini is a below average LB... he is clumsy with the ball in his feet, his first touch is disastrous, his decision making ain't that great and his crosses are nothing special.

He is hardly a step or two better LB than Molinaro and yes.... he is THAT bad.

Are you clear now?
LOL! That was good. Could you not pick up on the sarcasm? I said he did well playing two positions against Palermo. The left-back and the left centre-back. I said this because Grosso was nowhere to be found when Palermo would hit us on the counter. Every time, Grosso was floundering around, up field, loosing the ball and not getting back to defend quick enough.

Okay? Clear enough?

ggnoree

Jul 24, 2009
Do you guys think he is our future captain? I am afraid that him being one of the best defenders, that there is chance that some club with lots of money like madrid might try to get him :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)