Capitano Danilo (15 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I like danilo, but no way is his quality or presence good enough to be juventus captain
this

not his fault either. the whole squad lacks quality and leadership. i also grown to like him, he's by far the least terrible choice, but it doesn't mean he's worthy of the armband

just look at that list what dru posted. nobody will remember danilo in 20 years as an influential figure in juve's history. the majority of the previous ones were world class players who are remembered by the world of football, not only juve fans

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I like danilo, but no way is his quality or presence good enough to be juventus captain
To captain this Juventus at this time, I think he's the only one showing leadership on the pitch imo.

Since somebody needs to be captain, I say he's the only one who deserves it at this time.

That's more of a knock on our team rather than danilo himself. We got no champions no core players.
Yeah this is more like my thinking.

this

not his fault either. the whole squad lacks quality and leadership. i also grown to like him, he's by far the least terrible choice, but it doesn't mean he's worthy of the armband

just look at that list what dru posted. nobody will remember danilo in 20 years as an influential figure in juve's history. the majority of the previous ones were world class players who are remembered by the world of football, not only juve fans
Don't disagree with this, but I'd say that this is a time that nobody is watching Juventus. We are total shite atm.

Those still watching probably agree with this decision to select Danilo as captain. He's the only one even trying to carry the torch. Considering we're selling guys like Rovella at the first offer, and Fagioli looks a bit spiritually soggy it's not looking likely we'll have a world class bandiera any time soon. I love Danilo, I love his attitude on the pitch. I say he's earned it: sticking with us and always giving his all on the pitch. I like the decision, and don't care at all that he's brazilian or seen as not as good as previous captains. We joke about Juventus vs Jj but real talk this is a different period for the club.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I want to start off by saying that i’ve actually grown to like and appreciate Danillo quite a lot in this past couple of seasons and he definitely deserves the captaincy out of this current lot but at the same time it is quite telling of the current state of our club when after decades of captaincy by world class legends of the game such as Del Piero, Vialli, Buffon, Chiellini etc it has now went to a player largely known by the football world for being a backup RB in Madrid, City and also even at Juve initially but whom has now turned to become an undisputed starter and leader here as CB, a player which if we remember well was purchased mainly for plusvalenze driven reasoning too, and ironically looking at it in hindsight we can even consider ourselves a bit lucky to have had him around during this turbulent periods as he has risen above his shortcomings and turned out to be a really decent captain both on and off the pitch by showing a lot of character and commitment to the cause, however deep down it does hurt seeing how directionless the club has been throughout this last years.

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
From what i saw in the first 4 matches, i am not convinced enough by his quality as starting XI. It's not rare that he did clumsy defending. I feel that in the future he will be a liability for us especially in UCL.
The only good thing from him that he has the skill to build attack from the backline. But now it seems Gatti can do that too. So we need one more left footed CB, or give some times for Huijsen, to once again benching our captain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)