Capitano Danilo (14 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
some rumors circulating on the club's willingness to extend danilo's contract until '25 (as of now, it would expire in '24)

i mean why? sure, danilo is professional and versatile, can play lb, rb, cb and even dm, but he's not especially great in any position, and he's already getting a bit old, especially for a brazilian. even if we're about to extend him with a considerably lower salary it makes very little sense.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yeah Danilo would shine Licht shoes in the 2012 - 2018 era.
He starting just shows how far we have fallen.
i've been parroting the same thing for years: our squad is not up to the juve standards we're used to. literally none of our current players would start for any juventus between 2013 and '19. the two serbians and a younger di maria would be close, vlahovic would pair nicely with tevez and kostic would have his chances vs asamoah, the others are definitely levels below buffon, bbc, mvpp, licht and the others.

btw i don't mind extending danilo as long as he's a depth player and an example for the young guys, like he should be. as a starter though, he's underwhelming. it's all about the context.

Jun 16, 2020
some rumors circulating on the club's willingness to extend danilo's contract until '25 (as of now, it would expire in '24)

i mean why? sure, danilo is professional and versatile, can play lb, rb, cb and even dm, but he's not especially great in any position, and he's already getting a bit old, especially for a brazilian. even if we're about to extend him with a considerably lower salary it makes very little sense.
Insane if this is actually one of our priorities right now

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

It really not a priority for now. His contract is expired in 2 years. And i wonder if the extension means lower salary as we spread the salary cost. If it is not the case we should wait until end of 2023 or 2024 before making decision

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It really not a priority for now. His contract is expired in 2 years. And i wonder if the extension means lower salary as we spread the salary cost. If it is not the case we should wait until end of 2023 or 2024 before making decision
that's literally the only logical reason for a potential new contract now. i read no news on that though.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Because we never learn?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Unpopular opinion: i like him, he tries hard and hes the least of our problem
most like him. i do like him too, especially his mentality. he's not a world class player, but at least he's a fighter which makes him a bit special in this shitty squad.

question about him and his potential new contract is not whether he's a worthy starter now in this unbalanced team lacking in multiple positions. question is that whether he's good (fit, young) enough to stay until 2025 when he's 34/35, and whether his new contract should be a priority for this current juventus, having all kinds of problems on and off the pitch.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I wanna give this guy some props. Not a flashy player, just a solid professionally-minded guy who does a job every time.

Brings a bit of predictability to the team, which hopefully he's not gonna fuck up ini the remainder of this game and make me look like an asshole :grin:

- - - Updated - - -

:jflag::jflag::jflag::jflag::jflag::jflag:

- - - Updated - - -

Robbed fuckin blind man wtf

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)