Capitano Danilo (21 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Its not about 1 friendly game. I commend him for his proffessional attitude but he is as mediocre as it gets. Not the main problem atm ofc but he doesnt offer much going forward. Whenever he and Alex Sandro start we look flat at the back and cant beat the press.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Some people are too taken with wanking over Cancelo to give this guy any credit, he's not fancy enough.
He doesnt need to be fancy. Thuram or Licht for example werent fancy but they offered much more going forward. We need both fullbacks to be able to get behind their opponents and not to always play it safe, pass back to a goalie or CB, otherwise we will inevitably get pinned back.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Some people are too taken with wanking over Cancelo to give this guy any credit, he's not fancy enough.
He doesnt need to be fancy. Thuram or Licht for example werent fancy but they offered much more going forward. We need both fullbacks to be able to get behind their opponents and not to always play it safe, pass back to a goalie or CB, otherwise we will inevitably get pinned back.
You both have a good point tbh and i think he is the least of our problems only as long as Cuadrado is the one that occupies that RB spot when we need it most, however Danillo’s versatility does come in handy tho as a decent backup CB, LB and even CDM at times, albeit limited skill wise, but useful nonetheless and largely makes up for it by proving to be a reliable leader in the dressing room which is something we’ve also been lacking lately.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Only if you don't play with wide attackers. We play with an authentic winger/right midfielder on that side in Cuadrado. Most teams now play with inverted attackers in wide areas.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Loved his work rate, especially in first half and how he complimented Di Maria, it looked like I was watching a back in the days Real Madrid flank for a minute.

Always thought the word champions is an overused word in Italy, but tonight he was every bit champion.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He’s a CB or a RCB in a 3 man backline. Don’t want him ever crossing into opposite territory. Can’t believe we’re stuck with these “fullbacks.” Gonna be a long season if Allegri doesnt switch to a 352/343

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He’s a CB or a RCB in a 3 man backline. Don’t want him ever crossing into opposite territory. Can’t believe we’re stuck with these “fullbacks.” Gonna be a long season if Allegri doesnt switch to a 352/343
I agree about what his main role should be but somehow tonight in the first half when Sampdoria was controlling the proceedings we were playing some sort of hybrid in defence and transition with Danillo as a RWB and with Rugani - Bremer - AlexSandro forming the 3 CB’s at the back, which makes me think the 3 at the back is clearly something Allegri is working on, however the problem is that he is experimenting hybrid formations with static players that are being played out of their main positions too, which is most worrying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)