Capitano Danilo (17 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
For every Brazilian that made it to the late stage you can probably name 10 that choked once they reached 30. They don't really cope well with age, it was always the case with them. I think that much is obvious since you mention todays player and then a guy who played 20 years ago.
No, I mentioned that guy because he was also a good full back with longetivity in football. I don’t know if I believe that stigma tbh. Ronaldinho was probably the one who started this and gave everyone a bad name. I don’t think that’s true, You can name 10 out of how many thousands that go abroad every year? They’re everywhere in every club you can imagine.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Dani Alves is 38 and just reached the Olympic final being the captain and still running his ass off. Cafú was a machine until the day he retired. It comes down to the individual.
Both lost several steps around ~35, but good examples, y, although it's more an exception than the norm for brazilians to last that long.

F.e. in the 2002 WC winning roster in hindsight arguably the best players in there are Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Rivaldo. All magnificent players in their peak, I think they also all won Ballon d'Or (just checked - Ronaldo won at 21 and 26 yo, Rivaldo at 27, Ronaldinho at 25 and Kaka at 25). But after they hit 30 (or even earlier) they weren't even half as good, faded away very quickly.

Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Both lost several steps around ~35, but good examples, y, although it's more an exception than the norm for brazilians to last that long.

F.e. in the 2002 WC winning roster in hindsight arguably the best players in there are Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Rivaldo. All magnificent players in their peak, I think they also all won Ballon d'Or. But after they hit 30 (or even earlier) they weren't even half as good, faded away very quickly.
Do I need to remind you both Kaka and Ronaldo had their careers destroyed by injuries? Nothing to do with how old they were. They were done by the time they reached 30. The latter even at 50% efficiency still managed to be better than what 90% of footballers from any era will ever be. I have no recollection what Rivaldo was doing after the wc but Ronaldinho can’t be used as an example for everyone. He chose the party life, Danilo seems to be a good minded and disciplined player.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Do I need to remind you both Kaka and Ronaldo had their careers destroyed by injuries? Nothing to do with how old they were. They were done by the time they reached 30. The latter even at 50% efficiency still managed to be better than what 90% of footballers from any era will ever be. I have no recollection what Rivaldo was doing after the wc but Ronaldinho can’t be used as an example for everyone. He chose the party life, Danilo seems to be a good minded and disciplined player.
Robinho went on a rape gang bang which got him years of prison. Alves is also into parties and crazy behaviour despite his brilliant performances. Adriano also got fucked up. Bruno had problems with the law. While also having injury problems you have Pato who was also quite crazy. Bruno was on the edge of signing for Milan but then he was charged of kidnapping and murder.

I don't even recall all. There are surely more examples of this.

Brazilian players (not all obviously) are anything but professional.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Robinho went on a rape gang bang which got him years of prison. Alves is also into parties and crazy behaviour despite his brilliant performances. Adriano also got fucked up. Bruno had problems with the law. While also having injury problems you have Pato who was also quite crazy. Bruno was on the edge of signing for Milan but then he was charged of kidnapping and murder.

I don't even recall all. There are surely more examples of this.

Brazilian players (not all obviously) are anything but professional.
Now you’re really reaching bro. Alves got more titles than everyone else in football, surely he must be doing something right wherever he plays. Fuck Robinho, I concur. Adriano couldn’t cope with the loss of his father, nothing to do with age. Pato, also nothing to do with age.

Bruno? Seriously? What does he got to do with players not aging well which is what we’re discussing?? He didn’t even left his country wtf

If you really want to prove your point we’re gonna have to go after the hundred, maybe even the thousands of Brazilians playing abroad, see how they’re doing past 30 and how professional they have been and compare them to the Ronaldinhos. I have a feeling you’ll be proven wrong.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
We should definitely sell if we could get 25-30m from Bayern. If Pirlo still was the coach absolutely no chance, but with Allegri we will definitely move back to a more traditional 4-man defense and Danilo is actually quite shit at RB. 25-30m can be invested into a player more suitable for the more traditional RB role.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Everything is too high for Bayern when dealing with us, because we are their bitch. Sad bad true.
well when they see us giving our young CB to Atalanta for loan when we had asked for 40m initially for any interested buyers don't you think you'd say 30m is too much as well? :lol:

Jun 16, 2020
Danilo is good, but not 30 millions good. I'd sell. Only problem would be finding a cheap replacement.
No, don’t sell. The 30m won’t solve our problems and I doubt that we’re able to find a decent replacement for that money.

Hopefully he will have a similar season again, Danilo could become very useful. I rather have him than Rugani as 4th CB, and I’d choose Danilo as LB behind Sandro with my eyes closed instead of De Sciglio, assuming Pellegrini will go away on loan again. Selling Danilo would cause problems at this stage of the mercato. We really lost the idea of buying tactical flexible some years ago, we used to have a few of them in the squad.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
No, don’t sell. The 30m won’t solve our problems and I doubt that we’re able to find a decent replacement for that money.

Hopefully he will have a similar season again, Danilo could become very useful. I rather have him than Rugani as 4th CB, and I’d choose Danilo as LB behind Sandro with my eyes closed instead of De Sciglio, assuming Pellegrini will go away on loan again. Selling Danilo would cause problems at this stage of the mercato. We really lost the idea of buying tactical flexible some years ago, we used to have a few of them in the squad.
Dumfries, Mbabu, Celik easily retable for 30m and own that right flank for next 6-7years

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, nothing against Danilo but 30m for 30 years old RB is a no brainer

Jun 16, 2020
Dumfries is definitely worse than Danilo and isn’t capable of playing in multiple positions. The others I don’t know, I’ve seen Dumfries many times. Good runner as wingback in a Conte system but has still a lot to improve before reaching Danilo’s level.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yeah let’s sell one of our best players from last season and take a gamble on some randoms to improve our defense :baus: it’s not like Allegri doesn’t have enough shit to worry about
Our finances are not at their best and Danilo despite being useful is not indispensable. I agree that if we don't find a decent replacement it would not be worth it, but its just something to consider imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)

• almo