Capitano Danilo (47 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
30m for Danilo sounds a bit cheap after the season he had

- - - Updated - - -

We’re not in a good shape
TBH even if it's more we shouldn't sell. It would be a disaster of a move.

He might be 30, possibly our last chance to sell, but it'd be a stupid motive and surely not a thing top club would opt for. He surely has another 5 good seasons in his legs, so it'd be a dumb move from every point of view.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We obviously need the money and we're waving that money goodbye if we decide he stays, the guy is 30. But last seasons Danilo is an excellent backup for RB, LB, CB and CDM. tough call imo, either way is understandable.
Agree to this, when people bitch we buy old players with no resale value, and then come 30m . they bitch don't sell him
With him go, then it will be certain Cuadrado will be our main RB. And does leave the RW slot to Chiesa and Kulu as main focus there

For backup just put that Koni De Winter kid, and he will just fine there and getting more time to fine tune himself
This is the chance for us to give trust to our youngsters. This kid basically can play in right and center back too, probably he can play on the left too occassionally

And for the midfield, there so much of our youngster will fill that backup CM, Fagioli, Ranocchia, Miretti, Rovella if we take him back

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

He might be 30, possibly our last chance to sell, but it'd be a stupid motive and surely not a thing top club would opt for. He surely has another 5 good seasons in his legs, so it'd be a dumb move from every point of view.
We wouldn’t do this unless we’re in deep shit. This doesn’t make sense from sporting point of view.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

In the last 5 seasons he had 1 good season in his legs. The man was reborn last year, but you do have serious amount of confidence in the future of a 30yo brazillian that only recently remembered how to play football :D Maicon was already in a heavy decline when he was 30 and that guy was twice the fullback Danilo is.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
We obviously need the money and we're waving that money goodbye if we decide he stays, the guy is 30. But last seasons Danilo is an excellent backup for RB, LB, CB and CDM. tough call imo, either way is understandable.
We’re not doing shit with that 30m and you know it. Selling a guy who’s been firing in all cilinders is still stupid as fuck imo 30 yo or not. Funny how we can’t sell the dead wood instead.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
In the last 5 seasons he had 1 good season in his legs. The man was reborn last year, but you do have serious amount of confidence in the future of a 30yo brazillian that only recently remembered how to play football :D Maicon was already in a heavy decline when he was 30 and that guy was twice the fullback Danilo is.
I wouldn't say he had 4 bad seasons, though. The last one was brilliant. And I wouldn't rely much on him a fullback in the future. More of a DM/CB option who gets plenty of minutes. But yeah, truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of spoiled Brazilians and it seems like a thing that they fade away and become nobodies over the night.

We wouldn’t do this unless we’re in deep shit. This doesn’t make sense from sporting point of view.
I'm more worried about buying. I'm afraid we'll fail to replace him properly.

But yeah, if we're to believe all these news, it seems we're in a pretty fucked position. We're seeing tons of unneeded sales since we can't sell the deadwood on heavy contracts. Kinda sucks we're selling good options because we can't fund players. We're basically like hamsters at this point.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I wouldn't say he had 4 bad seasons, though. The last one was brilliant. And I wouldn't rely much on him a fullback in the future. More of a DM/CB option who gets plenty of minutes. But yeah, truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of spoiled Brazilians and it seems like a thing that they fade away and become nobodies over the night.

I'm more worried about buying. I'm afraid we'll fail to replace him properly.

But yeah, if we're to believe all these news, it seems we're in a pretty fucked position. We're seeing tons of unneeded sales since we can't sell the deadwood on heavy contracts. Kinda sucks we're selling good options because we can't fund players. We're basically like hamsters at this point.
Buying? I’m more worried we keep MDS.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Buying? I’m more worried we keep MDS.
At this point I'm just wondering if it's worth selling Demiral, Danilo and whoever, if that's happening so we could buy Locatelli and Pjanic. We're fixing a problem partly by creating another one. If we don't have funds, fine, but then might as well work with what we have.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
At this point I'm just wondering if it's worth selling Demiral, Danilo and whoever, if that's happening so we could buy Locatelli and Pjanic. We're fixing a problem partly by creating another one. If we don't have funds, fine, but then might as well work with what we have.
Selling in this case is for plusvalenza not for raising funds to invest elsewhere, obviously. We’re going to work with the shit we accumulated for years.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Dani Alves is 38 and just reached the Olympic final being the captain and still running his ass off. Cafú was a machine until the day he retired. It comes down to the individual.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dani Alves is 38 and just reached the Olympic final being the captain and still running his ass off. Cafú was a machine until the day he retired. It comes down to the individual.
For every Brazilian that made it to the late stage you can probably name 10 that choked once they reached 30. They don't really cope well with age, it was always the case with them. I think that much is obvious since you mention todays player and then a guy who played 20 years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 35)