Capello to Juve: a contradiction? (10 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
But...I feel Capello lacks the straightforwardness and honesty of Lippi
Since when has Juventus been known for straightforwardness and honesty? :devil: If you think Capello's a shifty character, then the manner in which we stole him from under Sensi's nose fits him perfectly :thumb:
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
The way he announced his resign of roma and his coming to Juve,trying to convince people that it was a last minute affair, (thing that was fastly denied by juve president) indicates a kind of remorse that many people feel when leaves a looser team to come to a winner one.....
So what? I'm glad he came here to win, because it shows that he's still got ambition. If he leaves us if we start to become a 'loser team', then so be it, by the time we get that bad, we'll probably be shouting for changes in management anyway

Romanisto

May 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

Hmmm... So Roma - Juventus includes the Roman derby now? What is it. Roma, Lazio and Juventus all playing in one game? :D
Learn to read first and you'll be better off. My point was that Roma - Juventus was more interesting to me than Roma - Lazio.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Romanisto ] ++

Learn to read first and you'll be better off. My point was that Roma - Juventus was more interesting to me than Roma - Lazio.
Dude, reading is part of what I do for living, so you'll be the last person whom I will take an advise from on how I am better off, and how I'm not.

Now, my advise to you would learn how to write. Because "no other match gets my attention more than Roma - Juventus and that includes the Roman derby" made absolutely no sense to me.

Aug 1, 2003
I think at the end of the day it comes down to Juventus; Capello is a massive plus for us but if we can't help ourselves, neither can he. He's a professional and a proven coach, good coaches don't regularly flop so I hope he won't be one at Juventus.

Romanisto

May 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

Dude, reading is part of what I do for living, so you'll be the last person whom I will take an advise from on how I am better off, and how I'm not.

Now, my advise to you would learn how to write. Because "no other match gets my attention more than Roma - Juventus and that includes the Roman derby" made absolutely no sense to me.
Well, my Azerbaijani friend, it's time you looked at the words just a little closer.

No other match gets my attention more than Roma - Juventus means that no other match has my attention more and that would mean the Roma - Lazio derby is less important.

I have a few words for you: Shko e stire kryen en byth.

If you need a translation, I'm sure you can ask Don Bes. In the meantime, leave me alone.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

Well, my Azerbaijani friend, it's time you looked at the words just a little closer.

No other match gets my attention more than Roma - Juventus means that no other match has my attention more and that would mean the Roma - Lazio derby is less important.

I have a few words for you: Shko e stire kryen en byth.

If you need a translation, I'm sure you can ask Don Bes. In the meantime, leave me alone.
Well, my words for you: shko e qiu ne bophe. And I understand what you're telling me without Don Bes.

My initial post included smilies in it, and in no way meant insulting anyone. Certainly, if I new how bad of an animal you were, I would not reply to you in the first place.

Issue closed.

OP
baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #49
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I think having Capello will solidify us more so than having say, Deschamps or Prandelli. It's true that we need big changes to the team, but it's not enough to just change the formation and bring in a bunch of new players, we need a coach who can adapt to situations and work with veterans and young stars alike, and I think Capello is the man for the job. His ideas aren't old and stale, rather as people have said they're tried and proven. But I think the difference with having Capello is that he won't keep sticking to the 'tried and proven' approach when the tactic starts to break down and he realises that it won't cut it anymore, which was one of Lippi's gravest mistakes
    He'll stand us in good stead no doubt. But for how long? Aren't we going back to square 1? All the cumulative reasons that have led to our current situation are for the want of a whole new way of working: a new system. Does bringing in a Lippi contemporary actually warrant that?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Bophe is not a word by the way.
    Well, you understood me, would you understand anything other than English and Albanian?

Since you understood what I wrote for you last time here's another for you, qifte thiu ne pidh, mut mutit.
    I am not a female, by the way, so I don't have that thing :D

Mos ha mut pederi i Gjakoves

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

He'll stand us in good stead no doubt. But for how long? Aren't we going back to square 1? All the cumulative reasons that have led to our current situation are for the want of a whole new way of working: a new system. Does bringing in a Lippi contemporary actually warrant that?
    I am a bit with you with your doubts but I personally cannot pick any other coach in world football to follow Lippi
    He has been there done that and got the t-shirt

Okay you might want a completely new coach as in younger generation with different ideas in Del Neri, Prandelli and Dd , but following Lippi would never be easy foe these guys, just ask Ancellotti

But no way would Cappello be intimidated by Lippi's success, infact he would probably try to better it and prove at least to himself that he is the better manager

At least our football will improve and we should play some good stuff

My only worry is that without a shadow of a doubt, Zebina would be a starter , at least now our buying him makes sense to me now as Cappello swears by him

Another slight worry was that Capello wanted Leggrotaglie at Roma, I am hoping this aint our defensive partnership

And pls go and pray that Panucci has no qualms at Roma as his first pt of call will be , yes you guessed it .... Juve

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    I am a bit with you with your doubts but I personally cannot pick any other coach in world football to follow Lippi
    He has been there done that and got the t-shirt

Okay you might want a completely new coach as in younger generation with different ideas in Del Neri, Prandelli and Dd , but following Lippi would never be easy foe these guys, just ask Ancellotti

But no way would Cappello be intimidated by Lippi's success, infact he would probably try to better it and prove at least to himself that he is the better manager

At least our football will improve and we should play some good stuff

My only worry is that without a shadow of a doubt, Zebina would be a starter , at least now our buying him makes sense to me now as Cappello swears by him

Another slight worry was that Capello wanted Leggrotaglie at Roma, I am hoping this aint our defensive partnership

And pls go and pray that Panucci has no qualms at Roma as his first pt of call will be , yes you guessed it .... Juve
    Uhh ohh, Panucci? I was worried this topic would somehow come up. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Oh come on, now, Panucci's Fantastic.

I'm kidding.

At least on FIFA 2004, he's pretty decent. I'm excited at the possiblilty of infusing the young players into the system, although now I hear that Fabio is interested in Cannavaro.

And Dennis, the only other coach I would have preferred over Cappello was Mourinho.

The man has accomplished quite a lot in such a short amount of time, and has a brilliant football mind.

BTW, did you get your damn computer fixed yet?:D

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #54
    On board with u Sergio, abt Jose Mourinho. Four years at Porto, and he's won everything they could have possible won, and that too without any star players.
    Wonder waht he'll do with chelsea! :eek:!!!!!

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    I'm not worried.... this is a new challenge for Fabio, and I think he'll bring us a championship- be it the scudetto or Europe, in a short time
    Not less than 2 seasons

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    On board with u Sergio, abt Jose Mourinho. Four years at Porto, and he's won everything they could have possible won, and that too without any star players.
    Wonder waht he'll do with chelsea! :eek:!!!!!
    You need to have players believe in a system, and in Porto he had that. because the majority of the players were'nt household names, although Deco can play for any team, anytime, anywhere in the world, and Carvahlo is fantastic as well.

Will Chelsea buy into his system, especially with all those high-priced talents and egos that go along with it?

Who knows, but if anyone can pull it off, I feel that he can.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++

You need to have players believe in a system, and in Porto he had that. because the majority of the players were'nt household names, although Deco can play for any team, anytime, anywhere in the world, and Carvahlo is fantastic as well.

Will Chelsea buy into his system, especially with all those high-priced talents and egos that go along with it?

If Mourinho uses the same system at Chelsea, he will have no problem winning the League if the players follow suit and buy into that system. We saw what the system did against Man U., even though maybe a little luck was involved. But I think EPL clubs will have a tough time breaking down that system.

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #59
    I guess its going to be a marriage between the system at Chelsea and his tactics. I dont think it'll work one way or another. Especially considering the expensive players on board. But i guess the smart money would def be on Mourinho making Chelsea - champions elect in England.

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++Will Chelsea buy into his system, especially with all those high-priced talents and egos that go along with it?

Pretty much all the players at Chelsea have never won a major title so they will be hungry for it. I dunno how this can relate to Inter so maybe my point is week :D :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)