Capello to Juve: a contradiction? (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Blah blah blah blah blah. Capello has proven that he is one of the best coaches in the world, winning at EVERY single team he has gone to. Why would there be a reason to doubt he'd not do the same?

Also, Capello has proven he is great with young players, like Cassano, Mancini, Chivu, and De Rossi. They all have had great seasons this year, and that is due to Capello's teachings. So what Baggio said about Capello not being able to produce young stars makes no sense. He has shown what he can do with Roma, and coming to Juve will just help both causes. Capello will get new, young players to work with, and Moggi will back him with good signings to create a good team for the future, and for next season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Romanisto

May 30, 2004
It is too bad that Capello can't defend because your squad needs defensive help badly. Anyways, you can have the lying traitor and I look forward to seeing Juve being crushed by Roma once again.
FORZA ROMA!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Romanisto ] ++
It is too bad that Capello can't defend because your squad needs defensive help badly. Anyways, you can have the lying traitor and I look forward to seeing Juve being crushed by by Roma once again.
FORZA ROMA!
:rofl: Capello can't defend!? He conceded 19 goals in 34 matches, the least in Serie A. What more do you want?!

I think having Capello will solidify us more so than having say, Deschamps or Prandelli. It's true that we need big changes to the team, but it's not enough to just change the formation and bring in a bunch of new players, we need a coach who can adapt to situations and work with veterans and young stars alike, and I think Capello is the man for the job. His ideas aren't old and stale, rather as people have said they're tried and proven. But I think the difference with having Capello is that he won't keep sticking to the 'tried and proven' approach when the tactic starts to break down and he realises that it won't cut it anymore, which was one of Lippi's gravest mistakes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It is too bad that Capello can't defend because your squad needs defensive help badly. Anyways, you can have the lying traitor and I look forward to seeing Juve being crushed by by Roma once again.
FORZA ROMA!
Well well well, look what we have here. Another one of these hapless Roma fans who are devastated by Capello coming to Juve.

Romanisto

May 30, 2004
We're disappointed with Capello but not devastated. Our nucleus is one of the youngest and best in football. With Totti, Cassano, Amantino, Peli, Chivu, De Rossi and the likely arrivals of Gilardino and Ferrari we are still a major force to be reckoned with. I'm proud of the football our squad played because no one in Serie A came close to putting on the show that we did and I expect more of the same from them under Prandelli.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We're disappointed with Capello but not devastated. Our nucleus is one of the youngest and best in football. With Totti, Cassano, Amantino, Peli, Chivu, De Rossi and the likely arrivals of Gilardino and Ferrari we are still a major force to be reckoned with. I'm proud of the football our squad played because no one in Serie A came close to putting on the show that we did and I expect more of the same from them under Prandelli.
Yes, Roma certainly was entertaining to watch from a spectator's point of view, and that is very good for the Serie A in general.

Roma does have a very good nucleus of players, but I do have a feeling Totti will leave this summer. I think Ferrari is heading your way, but not sure about Gilardino yet.

And there will be some question marks over Prandelli as well. He is no Fabio Capello, thats for sure. I'm glad Capello is at Juve, and he will succeed here.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
My gosh, a Roma fan who can string together sentences!?

No offence to you personally Romanisto, it's just that most if not all Inter and Roma fans register and stay for about 1 day saying "HAHA JuVenTUS SuCKS, foRZA iNTeR/RoMAAAAAAAAA"

Welcome to the forums, I look forward to seeing Juve play Roma next season :)

Romanisto

May 30, 2004
Thanks. You guys are all welcome to the forums at romaaddict.com. I may not like Juventus but I love football and no other match gets my attention more than Roma - Juventus and that includes the Roman derby.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thanks. You guys are all welcome to the forums at romaaddict.com. I may not like Juventus but I love football and no other match gets my attention more than Roma - Juventus and that includes the Roman derby.
Good. Finally a respectable Romanista poster. Welcome to the Forums!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
FORZA ROMA! TOTTI FOR GOLDEN BALL!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Hmmm... So Roma - Juventus includes the Roman derby now? What is it. Roma, Lazio and Juventus all playing in one game? :D

Alex

May 1, 2004
With a whole new squad, a whole new managment and the most demanding fans in Italy, im sure Capello will find the motivation he needs to WIN.

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
The thing about winning is that once you do it, you want to do it again and again. Sort of like sex in that way ;) I have heard other athletes say this and I also feel it in the sports I play.

I dont doubt Capello's ambition to win at all. In fact I think that is WHY he left Roma. His team was being sold off and he said 'WTF?!' and decided to pack is bag and head north :D

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
The coming of Favio Capello to Juve is just another sample of the geniality of Lucianone the master: how smart he was in making a smokescreen Prandelli- Deschamps in the las 2 months, at the same time bringing in Zebina and negociating with emerson, players of the future chosen one....

The election of Capello was a sole choice of Umberto Agnelli: in a sense, it was last team dessition of a dying king, who probably was trying to show a path for the future three years...
IMO , Capello is one of the best italian coachs ever, and he had proven so. He have long experience, instinct, managerial skills and, over all, mentalità vincente...in a way, he is of the same size of Lippi, maybe the only one in serie A...

But...I feel Capello lacks the straightforwardness and honesty of Lippi, it is more double-faced and lot of mixed feelings. His comment from last season " I dont want to be coaching juventus, because i dont like Juventus Lifestyle " was just a show off pure envy.
The way he announced his resign of roma and his coming to Juve,trying to convince people that it was a last minute affair, (thing that was fastly denied by juve president) indicates a kind of remorse that many people feel when leaves a looser team to come to a winner one.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)