Capello: It’s A Two Horse Race (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
11/15/2004 3:55:00 PM
Fabio Capello has removed Inter from the title race after the nerazzurri’s latest draw in Serie A.
According to the Juve coach, the Scudetto is a matter between two teams: Juventus and Milan as the former Roma coach stated: “It’s a race between two teams.”

The bianconeri have won again, this time away to Lecce, and Capello was quite satisfied with his players’ effort on a wet-soaked pitch following 3 days of continuous rain.

“It was a manly match, played on an unplayable pitch at times. We created a lot, but suffered till the end.

“An applause should go to Camoranesi who is very important right now for us.”

Juventus are currently leading the standings with 31 points, 6 points over closes rivals Milan and 15 points over Inter.
i agree :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
although I'm glad we're doing so well, it's kind of tragic seeing Italian football go this direction

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
although I'm glad we're doing so well, it's kind of tragic seeing Italian football go this direction
I agree, there was once a time when everyone in the Big 7 (Juventus, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Parma, Fiorentina) could challenge for the title.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

I agree, there was once a time when everyone in the Big 7 (Juventus, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Parma, Fiorentina) could challenge for the title.

not its just the big two. :frown:

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
i dont think inter will win but i think they gets on a good place this season,im not an inter fan but they`rs way to play is good....

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Now Udinese is at the 3rd with 19 points and the diff between the club at the 3rd and 19th position (Siena) is only 8 points. What has Serie A come to? I think that this season is rather strange. Hope that at the 2nd half of the season we will see a bigger difference compared to this 1.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Its a bit more complicated imo.

First of all, I wouldnt take out Inter from the title race absolutely, as their squad is soo massive and the campionato will be very-very long (20 teams as everyone knows)

2. There are fewer "big" club in this season as it were some years ago (just 3 compared to the legendary 7), surely because of the economic drop back (fiorentina, lazio, roma all went bankrupt). But you also should notice that the smaller teams got much stronger this year . The southern teams like Lecce, Messina, Cagliari, Palermo, Reggina are on the rise, imo because they got massive crowd so they can compensate the smaller income from broadcasting. Fiorentina are on the right track as Sampdoria too.

I think what we witness this year is the recovering of italian football. Milan and Juve seems to be far ahead, but the championship is much tougher as the smaller teams are much better than they were last year.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

Its a bit more complicated imo.

First of all, I wouldnt take out Inter from the title race absolutely , as their squad is soo massive and the campionato will be very-very long (20 teams as everyone knows)

2. There are fewer "big" club in this season as it were some years ago (just 3 compared to the legendary 7), surely because of the economic drop back (fiorentina, lazio, roma all went bankrupt). But you also should notice that the smaller teams got much stronger this year . The southern teams like Lecce, Messina, Cagliari, Palermo, Reggina are on the rise, imo because they got massive crowd so they can compensate the smaller income from broadcasting. Fiorentina are on the right track as Sampdoria too.

I think what we witness this year is the recovering of italian football. Milan and Juve seems to be far ahead, but the championship is much tougher as the smaller teams are much better than they were last year.
I would take Inter out if we beat them next week, i guess 18points is kinda too much for them to continue the title race with Milan and Juve

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

This is clear evidence that the financial crisis in Italian football has taken its toll. It's a real shame. :frown:

At least we are still afloat, you can thank Moggi for that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's just one season, nothing to worry about..yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)