Cannavaro's return - probable? (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Given the Cobolli-Gigli statement, Cannavaro has no chance of a return to us and looks like ly to end up in his beloved Naples.

This business of a central defender is dragging on. The £11m offered by us for Milito will not be enough.* Looks like we're back to Plan A .... Barzagli.

* See Corriere dello Sport 29/06/200

Buy on AliExpress.com

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Given the Cobolli-Gigli statement, Cannavaro has no chance of a return to us and looks like ly to end up in his beloved Naples.

This business of a central defender is dragging on. The £11m offered by us for Milito will not be enough.* Looks like we're back to Plan A .... Barzagli.

* See Corriere dello Sport 29/06/200
Looks like Inter are after him too since Chivu looks on his way to Barca.:eyebrows:

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Even if Canna did come, he said he wants to respect his contract with Madrid, so he'd end up coming here in 2-3 years, and wants to end his career in Napoli. Don't see that happening.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Gigli Cool On Cannavaro Return

Juve president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli believes that a return for Fabio Cannavaro is unlikely.

The defender has been linked with moves to Juventus and Napoli over the last few days, and reports have intensified following Fabio Capello's departure.

There were even suggestions of a meeting between Juve general manager Jean Claude Blanc, sporting director Alessio Secco, and the player's agent, Enrico Fedele.

However, Gigli remains cautious.

“Returns are always difficult,” he said. “We are obviously grateful to those who helped us reach the top in the past, but Juventus must now look to the future.”

Speaking about their move for Gabriel Milito, he said: “We definitely need a central defender and we are negotiating for Milito.

"However, there is still a significant difference between the request and the offer and I don’t think it will be easy to conclude the deal.

“Secco is working on the issue, but it is too early to know how this story will end.”

Goal.com

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Fabio Cannavaro wants to stay with Real Madrid for next season’s Champions League campaign, according to his agent.

The defender has been paired with sensational returns to his former clubs Napoli and Juventus following the sacking of Real Coach Fabio Capello, although Juve have denied there is any truth to the rumours.

“I don’t think Capello’s departure will change anything for Fabio, I don’t see why it should,” Gaetano Fedele told Affaritaliani.it.

“These are two different issues. The player liked the Coach very much, but Real Madrid brought him here,” added the Golden Ball winner’s representative.

“I have been reading the stories in the newspapers, it is logical that Fabio would one day like to return to his home country, but now this could be premature.

“He wants to play in the Champions League with Real Madrid, we have spoken about this and he wants to win a trophy that is still missing in his showcase,” he explained.

Fedele confirmed that the world champion would be glad to return to his hometown club Napoli, to whom he has often been linked in the past.

“He first wants to honour his contract with Real Madrid. After that, the two Italian cities that he feels most affection for are Turin and Naples,” he added.

“In any case, the transfer campaign has just started and is still very long. Many things I read are fantasy football, but you can never know what might happen,” concluded Fedele.

goal.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Point is we didn't offer Roma as much as Barca and Inter are welling to.

I know it's almost impossible now to get Chivu, but what can we do is focus on someone like Chivu's ability in defence rather than thinking about Cannavaro.
agree with you on that..Plus i dont think Canna had a very good season...IMO he was average at best this season,and was owned by midtable strikers like Kalu Uche and Rigga.At the current time,i think Milito or Barzagli are better options.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
agree with you on that..Plus i dont think Canna had a very good season...IMO he was average at best this season,and was owned by midtable strikers like Kalu Uche and Rigga.At the current time,i think Milito or Barzagli are better options.
True he didn't had a good season, but other reasons not to take him back is because we don't really need him and It totally wouldn't be such a good idea but disaster choice.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
:eyebrows:allright, he didn't have his best season but he was new at Real and they strugled at the beginning of the season. I would go for him cuz I like him as a player and he would be the best teacher Criscito could wish for. Only a couple months ago he was voted best player. Maybe he is not so bad as some of you say.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It is damn hard saying NO to Fabio Cannavaro, obviously,

but "you act like a bitch, you get treated like a bitch"

Juve will be just fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)