Cannavaro's return - probable? (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
thread will be re-opened if there is any real rumour of this happening

ok ok i buckled

i re-opened it because i was asked nicely

from now on i am avoiding the transfer forums

too much of a headache

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Cannavaro To Return To Juve?

According to Tuttosport, the Juve leadership are about to contact the Azzurri captain…

The Old Lady's management seem to be working hard towards building up a forceful squad in view of next season.

After having significantly strengthened the midfield department with the arrivals of Tiago and Almiron, Juventus are now eager to do the same with the defence.

The name that has been mentioned (again) is that of Fabio Cannavaro. Jean-Claude Blanc and Alessio Secco are set to give the 2006 golden ball winner a call and discuss a possible return to Turin.

Despite his age, Cannavaro could still be deemed as an advantageous signing, as the defender is still in great shape and form.

However, there seems to be a problem. Cannavaro’s wage at Real Madrid equals to 4.5 million euros, a sum that Juve can’t afford to give to the veteran defender.

This may complicate his return to the Serie A and now it depends on his agent, Enrico Fedele, who will take care of the issue.

Fabio Capello's future at the Bernabeu will also play a part, with Cannavaro likelier to return to Italy if Don Fabio is sent packing by Ramon Calderon.

Source: Goal.com

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
id love to see cana come back only to help mould criscito into a replica of cana the past couple of yrs...
but his wage demands are too high for us...trez extension is 4 million..cana gets 4.5 at real
but he could prove highly beneficial to criscito

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
hmm thats a tricky one...

1 - He left us when he needed him the most...his staying would have definitely persuaded more stars to stay...

2 - He is a class player who we desperately need to lead our defence and return to Serie A glory

dunno which way to go...

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
he left us cuz he was old...he wanted a shot at the champions league..sthing we cant give him until next season
he said had he been younger he wouldve stayed
lets not 4get what he did for us...at least he would seem happy to return..not like zambrotta n thuram who would never consider coming back
id love to have him back...we all know what a great leader he is and theres no denying that...
but u cant expect a ballon d'or winner to stick with u in serie b at the age of 33..i think all of us wouldve taken his path..hed only been with us for 2 yrs not like trez 7yrs or buffon 6 yrs or dp nearly a decade or nedved 6 yrsor camo 4 yrs
if nything the anger should be poured at zambrotta..we got him from bari and he ditched us the moment he got the chance
in canas case its much more complicated..plus do u think theyd let him retain the captaincy if he was playin with us in serie b...look at what domenech did to trez
cana had a lot at stake...
i say if he wants to come back we should welcome him if he assures us hes back to help us reach our objectives

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
I understand completely why Canna left despite the fact that I was very unhappy about it. I would be thrilled if he came back and would welcome him. He would add a lot to the team immediately and help our younger future defenders. Canna is more than just a great defender, he has outstanding leadership qualities. With him on the field I would breathe a lot easier with Juve back in Serie A. And no I don't think he's too old. He's in great condition and has another good two years before he slows down. What he loses in speed he makes up for with experience in reading the plays/players.

Don't forget he struggled early with Real because he had to adjust to a new team, a new city, and a new country. This is not always a seamless transition.

Canna has only always said good things about Juve and the Juventus fans. He is neither a mercenary not a traitor. Say what you want, he did give a lot to Juventus while he was with us.
:pint: :pint: Youre right.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
with that logic he wont join us...we arent in CL next year
but we will be playin to get there...we couldnt do that last season
plus imo if we have any chance of fightin for the scudetto we need someon ho has been there and done that esp with us
need more motivation!!!!
milito hasnt been at higher levels like cl...he could choke for all we know..lets c how he performs in the copa america...but wouldnt u rather give a spot to someone who has been there and done that with juve and was a big part of it too...what has milito fought for yet?????

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Cannavaro's Juve comeback Sunday 24 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Cannavaro could be making a shock return to Juventus after a long telephone conversation with director Alessio Secco.

The captain walked out in the wake of the Calciopoli scandal and their demotion to Serie B, but now that the Bianconeri are back in the top flight, the door is open for a comeback.

Cannavaro crowned a superb 12 months with the Liga title for Real Madrid, having already been named European and World Player of the Year.

When he was asked about the possibility of returning to Juventus last week, he told newspapers “they have my number and that of my agent.”

It seems the message did not go unheeded, as ‘Tuttosport’ claim that general manager Jean Claude Blanc and director of sport Secco have been holding negotiations over the phone and will meet with agent Enrico Fedele next week.

The main stumbling block is over wages, as Juve will not match the £3m per season he will receive until 2009 under the terms of his Real Madrid contract.

The Bianconeri are having a complete overhaul following their promotion and have already signed Cristian Molinaro, Zdenek Grygera, Domenico Criscito and Daniele Gastaldello for the defence, with Federico Balzaretti, Robert Kovac and Igor Tudor departing.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun24b.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)