Cannavaro (2 Viewers)

Do you want him back?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
FFS besmir, when I mentioned Chivu, he was an example, I know It's not easy to net Chivu. And don't tell me we have no chance getting defenders, thats a silly excuse, any defender would love to play for us.

Sep 1, 2002
He was a fine player for us, but had started to show the ravages of the years.
His time for us is up: just as an issue, he would not make my all time great juventus back four (I am still considering whether to play a sweeper). Not even to be on the bench.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Saw him against Munchen the other night and he was very poor which seems to be in line with his level of performance this season.

Think we could get someone young of the same current ability but who has the potential to get much better rather than further deteriorating like Cannavaro will.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Reading through this thread, it is apparent to me that we are very sentimental. While that is all nice and good, I'd like to point out that he abandoned us when we needed him most. Let him be.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Saw him against Munchen the other night and he was very poor which seems to be in line with his level of performance this season.

Think we could get someone young of the same current ability but who has the potential to get much better rather than further deteriorating like Cannavaro will.
It is very different to defend in Juve than in Real Madrid. Apart that they are different leagues we just can saw the last line of both teams, in Juventus Canna had: Zebina, Thuram and Zambrotta at least 2/3 can be called a "good defender" plus Buffon in the goal. In Real who he has?: Salgado, Helguera/Ramos, Roberto Carlos. We all know that Salgado lost his "touch" since a lot time ago, Helguera is not exactly a "good defender", Ramos is a good prospect but just a promise right now and he made a lot of mistakes, Roberto Carlos is getting old, so, when he go to attack he not always return to do a defensive job. But, yes, at the time he is not the best defender in the world.

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
Canna is been saying he will improve since the begining of the season the season is almost over i guess it wont happen, Chiellini has been better then him

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
Canna is been saying he will improve since the begining of the season the season is almost over i guess it wont happen, Chiellini has been better then him
Chiellini has been playing in the 2nd league, man.

Oh, and Real in their last three matches without Canna (who was suspended and is now injured) conceded 6 goals. It's their defense that sucks. Any defender would look bad there at the moment.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
They shouldn't come back. A firm no against Zambrotta, but neither should Canna and Emerson after some thinking. I don't think they would be talking about coming back if they were topping the league in Spain. Let them choke in their own misery, it was their choice after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)