CANNAVARO to return? (1 Viewer)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
every bodeyis talking about Metzelder....is he ours??
We are in pole position to sign him on a free agents in the summer. We offer him £1.7M per season but he wants £2.5M. I think we'll reach an agreement with him soon.

yeah i would hope so.

i think the onyl player who is certain to leave juve is trezeguet. And to be fair to Buffon and Camo, i think trez is the best to leave as he can be replaced a lot easier than the other two and would get the club a lot of money.
Also, Camoranesi is replaceable. I just want him to be sold for three reasons:

1) He's done nothing to the team so far this season and he was below average in the previous season as well.

2) This maybe the last season we can get a proper offer for him. Lyon offered us £10M to buy him after the Calciopoli but we refused it. Now, we can't get more than £5M for him. Besides, I don't think that there are many teams who are interested in Camo's services. Thus, I think that we have to capture any chance to sell him.

3) What is more, he hasn't shown any sort of commitment to the team after our demotion except after perceiving that he has nothing to do but spending the entire season with the team until something new happens.

In my opinion, we should sell Camoranesi if we've offered a good bid for him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
We are in pole position to sign him on a free agents in the summer. We offer him £1.7M per season but he wants £2.5M. I think we'll reach an agreement with him soon.

Also, Camoranesi is replaceable. I just want him to be sold for three reasons:
His replacement, Marchionni is always injured and when he wasn't this season hasn't been able to do better than Camoranesi.

1) He's done nothing to the team so far this season and he was below average in the previous season as well.
Besides being our best offensive player for a third season straight that is.

2) This maybe the last season we can get a proper offer for him. Lyon offered us £10M to buy him after the Calciopoli but we refused it. Now, we can't get more than £5M for him. Besides, I don't think that there are many teams who are interested in Camo's services. Thus, I think that we have to capture any chance to sell him.
Indeed his price has fallen, all the more reason not to sell him as he won't bring us much money anyway.

3) What is more, he hasn't shown any sort of commitment to the team after our demotion except after perceiving that he has nothing to do but spending the entire season with the team until something new happens.
Refer to point 1, he's been our best offensive player this season. From those that were apparently 'forced' to stay, he is the one most likely to stay as he has said himself as well as his agent.

In my opinion, we should sell Camoranesi if we've offered a good bid for him.
Yeah, there's no good reason to do so.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
His replacement, Marchionni is always injured and when he wasn't this season hasn't been able to do better than Camoranesi.

Indeed his price has fallen, all the more reason not to sell him as he won't bring us much money anyway.

Refer to point 1, he's been our best offensive player this season. From those that were apparently 'forced' to stay, he is the one most likely to stay as he has said himself as well as his agent.

dont mess with Dom, easier to tell rab that delpie is overrated than tell dom camo is shit
(disclaimer) neither view is one expressed by bozi, simply an illustration of the passion both members have over their chosen idle

Jul 28, 2002
The thing is, next season we will not play in the CL, so his presence in the league games is essential.
If were talking about Canna then that is certain. But Emo im much more sceptical about. Yes he will offer the assurance of quality however he is getting slower and less effective. Emo will have to adopt a full time holding role which i doubt he can play.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If were talking about Canna then that is certain. But Emo im much more sceptical about. Yes he will offer the assurance of quality however he is getting slower and less effective. Emo will have to adopt a full time holding role which i doubt he can play.
I thought you were talking about Camo.

Jul 28, 2002
I thought you were talking about Camo.
:D Indeed i was, flutering between the Canna, the camo and doing an essay on Bridge design!

Camo is a similar arguement to Emo, he isnt as quick as he was losing that edge we need, but he is still a very clever winger. However if he isnt commited id say get rid, we could easily get a pacey winger to replace him.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I'm not talking about just Marchionni, dear. I suppose that we have to buy another right winger if we sell Camo. Besides, we already have Salihamdihic who can play as a right winger or a right back.

Dominic said:
I can't pick up a specfic player to be our best offensive player in the previous season, we were very sterile and unconvincing. Especially, Camo who is characterised by being inconsistent during the entire season.

Dominic said:
But if he is used in players exchange, I think it would be beneficial for us. Generally, it all depends on the offeres introduced to Juve.

Dominic said:
He said so because he has nothing to do when the transfer window closed. Do you remember the fans' whistles when Monsieur Descahmps decided to place him at the second half of our match against Rimini in the 1st leg? I think the cause is obvious.

Dominic said:
Your opinion is so much respected by mine, mate. Your avatar reveals your intention though. ;)

ahmedios, do you ever watchjuve play? first emerson was shit, now camo? zebina and zlatan are you favourites i take..
Since 1999 till the current season, I've watched more than 220 matches live to Juventus (As I note every single match I do watch). :)

I didn't say that Camo is shit, I said that he hasn't been effective like the previous seasons since the previous season and for Emerson, I think that I explained my opinion about him a lot.

I've never liked both Zebina and Zlatan. Nedved, Del Piero and Buffon are my favourites. :agree:

Silvers

Sep 3, 2006
You've got to look at it for what he can do for us, put all the loyalty stuff aside for a moment.

1) With Canna back next season, it gives us a decent chance of winning the scudetto, without him who will lead from the back?... in simple terms, with big name players like Cannavaro back playing in defence for Juve (hopefully Zambrotta will follow) it means it will be hell of a lot harder for Inter to get their grubby paws on the scudetto.

Also, it might help persuade Gigi to stay.

2) Throughout all the time he has been at Madrid he has only said positive things about Juve. The way some people are speaking you would have thought he ran out saying "Haha Fuck Juve, I'm glad I'm leaving" or something.

Remember back in the summer... there was a good chance that we would be staying down in Serie B for atleast two seasons (with the original points deductions). Which means the club financially would have been in deep shit.... players like Canna were sold for financial security; he was well into his 30s and the situation we were in, it looked like the last chance to get some serious money for him.

If he can come back cheaply (serious wage cut included) and help the club, then why not?... let the lad try redeem himself. Hopefully he keeps playing shitty at Madrid so the transfer fee is even lower. :p

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
You've got to look at it for what he can do for us, put all the loyalty stuff aside for a moment.

1) With Canna back next season, it gives us a decent chance of winning the scudetto, without him who will lead from the back?... in simple terms, with big name players like Cannavaro back playing in defence for Juve (hopefully Zambrotta will follow) it means it will be hell of a lot harder for Inter to get their grubby paws on the scudetto.

Also, it might help persuade Gigi to stay.

2) Throughout all the time he has been at Madrid he has only said positive things about Juve. The way some people are speaking you would have thought he ran out saying "Haha Fuck Juve, I'm glad I'm leaving" or something.

Remember back in the summer... there was a good chance that we would be staying down in Serie B for atleast two seasons (with the original points deductions). Which means the club financially would have been in deep shit.... players like Canna were sold for financial security; he was in his late 30s and the situation we were in, it looked like the last chance to get some serious money for him.

If he can come back cheaply (serious wage cut included) and help the club, then why not?... let the lad try redeem himself. Hopefully he keeps playing shitty at Madrid so the transfer fee is even lower. :p
Your analysis makes sense and I agree if we put the loyalty aside as you said. In this case, I want Cannavaro back but there is another point here. Cannavaro's salary won't be, in my opinion, less than £3M per season and this may lead to stoppage of the negotiations with Metzelder, who asked for a high salary as well.

I rate Metzelder as one of the best defenders in Europe, his only problem is that he is injury prone. Even though, I think he may play an important role if he joins the club in the summer. Cannavaro-Metzelder-Criscito-Boumsong and Kovac would become steel like wall in our centre defence, also we'll have more than one option for the centre defence. What is more, we won't spend a lot of money, since Metzelder is on free agents in the summer and the transfer of Cannavaro won't cost more than £4M. This means the transfers of both won't cost Juventus a lot when compared to Barzagli alone.

Generally, I'd welcome Cannavaro but Metzalder has to be strongly taken into consideration. :cool:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Hm... no. I rather have Criscito, Grygera, Kovac and Barzagli as our central back four.
:tup: Yeah, a rock defense.

ahmedios, do you ever watchjuve play? first emerson was shit, now camo? zebina and zlatan are you favourites i take..
:lol:

dont mess with Dom, easier to tell rab that delpie is overrated than tell dom camo is shit
(disclaimer) neither view is one expressed by bozi, simply an illustration of the passion both members have over their chosen idle
:agree: :rofl2: +rep

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
On the Camoranesi topic, he is hard to replace because for the many reasons mentioned, but most of all, it would mean we would need to offensive players. Sure one can yell out Ribery and Quaresma, but these players will be hard to get.

Unless DD has some change in formation and we dont require camo eg. bringing in a right sided player to play the wing, but until then Trezeguet still remains the best choice to cash in on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)