Can you imagine moving to a smaller town (5 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I think I can see where you're going. But please explain further because I don't think I agree.

People tend to think that there is no intimacy in big towns. I would say the opposite. In big towns you have to find a close friend or some kind of crew. You will probably become close friend with people in a small town but there's less to choose among and it much likely that you don't have much in common and therefor the bonds will be very loose. In a big town you look for people with the same interests as you and they're not very hard to find. Once you have, you'll have some really good friends you can share much with.
The intimacy thing can work either way IMO.In a large town,yes,you have a large vareity of things and people to choose from,but thats like being a small cog in a big machine,no?I think the bonds in a small town are much MUCH more stronger than in a big town,which is basically because you have the same set of people around you all the time,and the sense of unity is PROBABLY more in a small town than in a large town.As a very rough example,you might know 50 people out of 10,000 in a large town,but in a small town you'd know 50 people out of something like 500,so you know a larger share of the population ,thus the unity is much stronger.

Im not too social.I dont go to pubs,or theatres,and i prefer either being alone or with people who are very close to me.Like i said in my first post,IF i was given the same living and studying facilites in a small town,and if i was sure of getting the same salary in a small town that id get in a large town when i start working,i would have absoloutley no qualms about living there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
I initially wanted to become a doctor but when it became clear to me...
that's exactly the only problem in my mind... job opportunities. It's harder to find what you want and excel in it in smaller places and then it depends on the transportation system really. If not that, it all depends on how much you like that small place compared to the one you're living in I guess, there are many factors to like the place all of which in my opinion except the job situation are not that relevant to the size of the place but rather to the objective aspects of it (like landscape, weather, food).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)