can we match up to milan? (2 Viewers)

Luigi Vampa

Aug 2, 2003
seriously, i watch them play and im awestruck. i was so scared when we had to play them earlier and i just couldnt sleep for days:stress: thankfully we got lucky that day but luck never lasts.

we used to at least have the advantage of having a better keeper but now even dida has surpassed the great buffon.

when i see the name 'milan' i scream in terror.:scared:

:down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
What the hell are you talking about? :D

We were lucky? Are you sure you watched the match? ;)

You sound like some Milan fan trying to pass for a Juve fan :)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Luigi Vampa ] ++
seriously, i watch them play and im awestruck. i was so scared when we had to play them earlier and i just couldnt sleep for days:stress: thankfully we got lucky that day but luck never lasts.

we used to at least have the advantage of having a better keeper but now even dida has surpassed the great buffon.

when i see the name 'milan' i scream in terror.:scared:

:down:
naah...i'm not. like zizou sed, r u sure u're juve fan? :D

to tell u the thruth, i'm more afraid of roma than milan. milan is strong defensively (4goals concided) but seems to be struggling to score so far this season (the only one who has been scoring is sheva)

roma on the other hand, also have good defense (4goals conceided also) but they are scoring like crazy...totti, cassano etc.

if i have to choose, i'd say roma is our numero uno challanger in terms of scudetto race.....

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
The low down:

Buffon is better than Dida. Why? Look at the half assed staff GianLuigi has to work with and look at Dida's men in front of him. Enough said. Kudos and respect to Buffon.
Juve's defence is coming to pieces and the fact is that Ferrara is too old to be effective for a team playing in three tournaments. Thuram is world class but has to hold up the defence. Montero is resorting to tactics a la Materazzi because nothing else works.
your mid-field (attacking) is one of the most lethal. When its on and on its game...it kills. When its not like these days....it just "doesn't happen".
I don't care how much you love Juve you have to admit that in the CL final we attacked and attacked and attacked while your team WAS playing but not playing..you know what I mean. Milan is just an attacking force and breaking all the conventions of catenaccio..I feel Juve is too but they can't seem to put themselves in attack mode as much as Milan.
I feel that they NEED changes in the team which they ignored. I don't think Milan dominates Juve. or vice-versa. but i do believe that they are more creative and take more risks. I do believe that Juve and Milan are on another level over Roma. Roma has the advantage of not being in CL and we all know that when they "fall" they fall hard.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
we weren't lucky. Milan were lucky last year but we are superior to them
Thats just bitterness and jealousy talking...we were better for half of the season...and all you really did in the second half of the season was beat the small teams while we tied them. We beat you in the encounter. We played in Coppa Italia finals, CL semis all 7 days apart. We made it by last minute goals as you did. If you now about Serie A and derbies you know what its like to play your city Rival ... imagine in the CL semi. We outplayed you in the final...scored a goal...and your keeper had to make God like dives to stop us from scoring. You had to switch your D because Sheva was making holes around your D. Don't be naive and use that arguement but its starting to stink like a dead RAT. That lucky theory is your denial at work.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
About the defence, there is no secret about it.
About an attacking mntality, yes milan have a better one.
About a creative midfield, yes milan are more creative.
About the super attacking force in Milan..... IMO that attacking force that u talk about is Shevchenko right? because i dont see another attacking force there, saving kaka which scores usually.

Juventus may not have an organized attack... but all of our srikers score, and that counts too.

U talk about the CL final... but u dont talk about the last game at San Ciro..... why? :confused:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
If you now about Serie A and derbies you know what its like to play your city Rival ... imagine in the CL semi.
While you make a lot of valid points, do remember that while you had to beat Inter, Juve beat Real Madrid. Don't underestimate that achievement - they're the most dominant team in European football since Milan was in its ascendancy.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
I don't care how much you love Juve you have to admit that in the CL final we attacked and attacked and attacked while your team WAS playing but not playing..you know what I mean. Milan is just an attacking force and breaking all the conventions of catenaccio..I feel Juve is too but they can't seem to put themselves in attack mode as much as Milan.
You may be more attacking than us, but Milan is no "attacking force", at least not in an European aspect. Your real strong side is your incredible central defence. In Europe (among the top sides) you remain a defensive force, like us.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
You may be more attacking than us, but Milan is no "attacking force", at least not in an European aspect. Your real strong side is your incredible central defence. In Europe (among the top sides) you remain a defensive force, like us.
I have to agree. Madrid are the attacking force of European football. Next to them, even Shevchenko & co. pales. A lot of Europans groaned when they saw the all-Italian final, predicting a boring 0-0 draw. They weren't far wrong, from a relatively neutral point of view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)