Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (12 Viewers)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I sometimes wonder if Calciopoli was a blessing in disguise. We basically had to revolutionize our entire operations and it worked out as well as you could imagine.

Meanwhile, Inter was winning scudetti but also became complacent and had no long-term plan for their aging stars. They just let them expire instead of trying to create a new cycle.

There are so many "what-ifs" like would we take a chance on Samp's sporting director if we were still top of the table? Would we look at a coach like Conte who had a limited resume?

Or it's possible our ownership is always and will always be smarter than the rest of Italy and we would have revolutionized regardless.
Its impossible to say what would have happened. I dont think it was a blessing in disguise. In 2006 we had a top 2 squad in the world, top three revenue in the world and world class management. It is likely that we would have been among the top contenders for the CHL, every year for the last decade, if that farce did not nearly bankrupt us, take away our best players and our reputation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I sometimes wonder if Calciopoli was a blessing in disguise. We basically had to revolutionize our entire operations and it worked out as well as you could imagine.

Meanwhile, Inter was winning scudetti but also became complacent and had no long-term plan for their aging stars. They just let them expire instead of trying to create a new cycle.

There are so many "what-ifs" like would we take a chance on Samp's sporting director if we were still top of the table? Would we look at a coach like Conte who had a limited resume?

Or it's possible our ownership is always and will always be smarter than the rest of Italy and we would have revolutionized regardless.
I sometimes think of that too. Look at the age of our squad in 2006, Thuram (34), Cannavaro (33), Zambrotta (29), Emerson (30), Vieira (30), Cameronesi (30), Nedved (34), Trezeguet (29), Del Piero (32). Basically the only young players were Zlatan and Buffon. No other players had significant resale value and Juve had really been prudent with money for years at that point. Moggi would have had quite a situation in his hands down the road had Calciopoli never happened.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He would have replaced 33 year olds with 29 year olds every year. It wasn't about youth but bringing/replacing WC players in which he did.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
He would have replaced 33 year olds with 29 year olds every year. It wasn't about youth but bringing/replacing WC players in which he did.

True, but like I said we had been pretty prudent with money for some time back then. I think Emerson cost 12 million + Brighi (that somehow was valued for 16 million). I get the feeling that if we wanted older established players we would have had to take chances with 29 year olds coming off a bad season like Vieira.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
and do you not feel bitter and disgusted because our current leaders didn't attack figc right after calciopoli and not years after? it was a real shame. they left moggi to fight his own battles..
That's why I'll never like Elkann, Montezemolo...FIFA told Montezemolo who then told him to stop with the TAR because they were afraid we'd get punished in Europe too.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if this is them trying to rub it in our faces? In 10 years time it'll all be admitted but we still won't get anything back because of legal protection. Awful.

Are still sueing for our 443m? Admissions like this can only help our case.
in a regular court it would but this is Italy, they never or barely used some new evidence that showed up later to clear Moggi completely.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
It is impossible to accurately predict what would've happened, but for what it's worth the Juventus Stadium was already planned before Calciopoli, and would've likely been completed early without the whole mess.

So we would've been ahead of our competition at least in that regard, would've bode quite well for other aspects too imo
I think other teams would have followed suit much earlier because without Calciopoli Serie A would still be right up there today. Bigger TV deals etc etc would have meant more cash for stadium projects.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

:agree:

One was we were trying to get a 26 year old Gerrard. I think he was selling Gigi to meelan though. :D

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
If there was no calciopoli we would have won at least one CL. We would still have our reputation, more money and our new stadium. EPL would have still become a financial powerhouse. The Milan clubs still would have collapsed. We would have more scudetti. The main negative would be Moggi losing it at the end when he got old and couldn't rate players anymore.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
:agree:

One was we were trying to get a 26 year old Gerrard. I think he was selling Gigi to meelan though. :D
First, that would have been a terrible piece of business on our part. Second, that would never have happened. Serie A was already losing ground in '06 and Gerrard had already turned down Real due to his loyalty to Liverpool.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
First, that would have been a terrible piece of business on our part. Second, that would never have happened. Serie A was already losing ground in '06 and Gerrard had already turned down Real due to his loyalty to Liverpool.
that's why Moggi was trying to get him. Maybe we would have gone for Real or Barca players instead. :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
No, just No. We lost shit loads of money, two scudettos and our name thrown in the dirt. No matter what calciopoli and blessing are two words that don't go together.

We started off badly with cobolli gigli and fucko sucko. Yes it worked out well when Agnelli came in but that was our hard work that brought us back up and maybe DNA bottom line is it isn't and will never be blessing. We didn't need it and could have coped without it.

:tup:

the only good thing in calciopoli was juve getting rid of capello.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It is impossible to accurately predict what would've happened, but for what it's worth the Juventus Stadium was already planned before Calciopoli, and would've likely been completed early without the whole mess.

So we would've been ahead of our competition at least in that regard, would've bode quite well for other aspects too imo
And most probably without the bars.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Wasn't Gerrard close to joining us before Calciopoli? Hard times indeed, we would never have won a title again.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
In summary, the two most glorious periods of the merda are due to doping and farsopoli.
This club is a disease:inter:
let's not forget how they won their 1st scudetto. vs 11-12 year olds because they didn't agree to postpone the game[players called up for other cup games] and that they claim they never been in Serie B but did in fact finish last once but got back because they created a new league. What a team, what a history. :baus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)