Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (12 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Guess this is the right place for this: wrote this yesterday in regards to the aftermath of the Roma game:

http://www.juvefc.com/the-stigma-of-calciopoli/
I think the role of Calciopoli is probably bigger now in the minds of Juve fans than it is of fans of other clubs.

Large chunks of the footballing world believed that Juve had been cheating for decades before Calciopoli, so I don't think much has changed in that regard since 2006.

What has changed is the sensitivity of Juve fans to the uproar because, I guess, they are nervous that another 2006 could happen if various forces align against them.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think the role of Calciopoli is probably bigger now in the minds of Juve fans than it is of fans of other clubs.

Large chunks of the footballing world believed that Juve had been cheating for decades before Calciopoli, so I don't think much has changed in that regard since 2006.

What has changed is the sensitivity of Juve fans to the uproar because, I guess, they are nervous that another 2006 could happen if various forces align against them.
Disagree. It's EVERYONE else that brings it up and makes references to it. We are the ones being constantly reminded, not us reminded everyone else.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006

There was always suspicion of Juve, going back to the '70s and the game against Derby in 73, and then later with the doping issue in the late '90s, but nothing has stuck so much to the club than Calciopoli. Anyone in and around our age immediately goes to it when talking about Juve.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Disagree. It's EVERYONE else that brings it up and makes references to it. We are the ones being constantly reminded, not us reminded everyone else.
It's gotten so bad that you can't even make fun of United fans for missing out on CL. You know the standard response will be "So what, we didn't get relegated for match fixing". And it's not just them.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I love when Milan fans call us match fixers, and tease us with "JuBe" - completely ignoring the fact that their club was demoted for ACTUAL match fixing in the 80s :lol:

But I don't expect most Meelahn fanboys/girls to know the history of their club - they started supporting them in 2003 when they were good in Europe.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
icemaη;4713749 said:
It's gotten so bad that you can't even make fun of United fans for missing out on CL. You know the standard response will be "So what, we didn't get relegated for match fixing". And it's not just them.
Yep. I get reminded ALL the time.
I love when Milan fans call us match fixers, and tease us with "JuBe" - completely ignoring the fact that their club was demoted for ACTUAL match fixing in the 80s :lol:

But I don't expect most Meelahn fanboys/girls to know the history of their club - they started supporting them in 2003 when they were good in Europe.
I didn't even know that.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014

they also cheated in Europe (the ref got banned for life), but for unknown reasons, they were never stripped of the cup

"Leeds Utd v AC Milan, 1973:A European Cup Winners' Cup final dominated by strange decisions from Greek referee Christos Michas, Norman Hunter being harshly dismissed and two Leeds penalty appeals turned away. The Greek FA later found Michas guilty of match-fixing in relation to events in the game and he was banned for life by Uefa. "

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
they also cheated in Europe (the ref got banned for life), but for unknown reasons, they were never stripped of the cup

"Leeds Utd v AC Milan, 1973:A European Cup Winners' Cup final dominated by strange decisions from Greek referee Christos Michas, Norman Hunter being harshly dismissed and two Leeds penalty appeals turned away. The Greek FA later found Michas guilty of match-fixing in relation to events in the game and he was banned for life by Uefa. "
I'm asking you cuz you're from Italy and have been following Juve for decades: do you think Juve were completely clean throughout the years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)