Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (11 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Why? Geographically it is no problem.
Depends. In terms of distances certainly not, but French (for example) games just might have to be played on French soil. Who's to know?

That's exactly why we are strong here. Other teams worked their angle to aid themselves, we are Italy's number 1 team and will use that.
There's only so much we can do though. Without shooting ourselves in the foot, that is.

Italian Calcio needs Juventus. But Juventus needs Italian Calcio even more.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Suprised noone mentioned the welsh teams.
is there even a welsh league? i was under the impression that the likes of cardiff and swansea were in the english league format due to the lack of teams in the country.

Anyways celtic and rangers have been begging to join the english format for some time now, only they are too stupid to realise that they would suffer so hard in the premiership

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Depends, they have big fan bases and would have the addition of the Sky and advertising money to boot. Eventually they could be strong teams. Right now obviously they'd get raped.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Do you know if it has ever occurred? I mean besides the Monaco case.
As if Uefa is going to stand by & allow a team to change country :lol:
Never mind the logistics behind it, never mind the fact that Juventus is rooted in Italy in ways most don't even seem to understand.
Derry City joined the League of Ireland(Republic of Ireland) in the 80's after playing in the Irish League(Northern Ireland). They needed special dispensation from FIFA and the IFA(Northern Ireland) to be allowed to join.
Suprised noone mentioned the welsh teams.
yup i am really surprised this wasn't picked up. there is a league of Wales but cardiff,Swansea and Wrexham are in the English football league

also Monaco is a pricipality so technically is playing ina foreign league

is there even a welsh league? i was under the impression that the likes of cardiff and swansea were in the english league format due to the lack of teams in the country.

Anyways celtic and rangers have been begging to join the english format for some time now, only they are too stupid to realise that they would suffer so hard in the premiership
the english are not so stupid to ignore the pleas from the Bigot brothers,why would they accept two knuckle dragging Billy-big-time clubs who have refused to get their houses in order?
the rangers fans have already rioted in Manchester and i would love to see the Celtic fans singing "ohh ah up the RA" and their other pro-IRA songs at Old Trafford and still play the victim card

OP
gsol

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15,413
    Jem83 your legal analysis is only useful regarding civil liability. The three pronged approach to determining objective liability can keep Juve in the clear regarding being sued but it won’t help the FIGC give titles back. If they determine that Moggi’s actions of legally calling referee designators (which was actually within the scope of his responsibilities) led to our victories then they can argue that the title was won wrongfully and still not assign it. Civil court and sport justice aren’t the same.

We’re not going to France but for the sake of an example the Israeli teams play in UEFA competitions as opposed to Asian.

In any case I think the posters in this thread lost sight of what matters. If Agnelli goes to a round table and successfully negotiates money or titles (doubt either will happen) it wouldn’t mean much so long as Moggi is still considered guilty. I’m speaking in logical terms now. We would simply be viewed as a team with a powerful president who imposed his will and got recognition for titles that were won "illegitimately".

As fans of the club we should be more interested in another matter. Moggi didn’t cheat. I would prefer if some level of authority civil or otherwise would acknowledge that first. As a result I am far more concerned with Moggi’s appeals. Getting the titles and compensation then would mean so much more because it wouldn’t be the result of an agreement between rich assholes but the result of authorities admitting that we were wrongfully punished for cheating when no cheating occurred.

parashkev

Apr 29, 2010
    Jem83 your legal analysis is only useful regarding civil liability. The three pronged approach to determining objective liability can keep Juve in the clear regarding being sued but it won’t help the FIGC give titles back. If they determine that Moggi’s actions of legally calling referee designators (which was actually within the scope of his responsibilities) led to our victories then they can argue that the title was won wrongfully and still not assign it. Civil court and sport justice aren’t the same.

We’re not going to France but for the sake of an example the Israeli teams play in UEFA competitions as opposed to Asian.

In any case I think the posters in this thread lost sight of what matters. If Agnelli goes to a round table and successfully negotiates money or titles (doubt either will happen) it wouldn’t mean much so long as Moggi is still considered guilty. I’m speaking in logical terms now. We would simply be viewed as a team with a powerful president who imposed his will and got recognition for titles that were won "illegitimately".

As fans of the club we should be more interested in another matter. Moggi didn’t cheat. I would prefer if some level of authority civil or otherwise would acknowledge that first. As a result I am far more concerned with Moggi’s appeals. Getting the titles and compensation then would mean so much more because it wouldn’t be the result of an agreement between rich assholes but the result of authorities admitting that we were wrongfully punished for cheating when no cheating occurred.
    Absolutely agree!

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
    I agree with your point but I think it must be better to say "Sono 29" and not "Sempre 29" because "Sempre" is implying Juventus will always have 29, and that's not the case I hope. If everything goes as we hope this season we'll be 30.

Sono 29. Inter sempre 15.

Ah sorry my bad,because i don't know single word in Italiano , okay im going to use Sono instead of Sempre .

Sono 29

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005

As far as getting the titles back, you are absolutely right, a civil court cannot overrule the sport's law and hand us the titles. That can't happen in a civil court.

I suppose I lost track of that, but most of my comments regarding the titles were written before the TNAS decision.

The scudetti are either lost for good or we are getting them back at that meeting. Which we won't. So they are lost for good (officially).

Getting cleared of objective liability can still be very positive for us, though, because it can help build a case against the FIGC in a civil court. If errors were made, if Juve as a club were not objectively liable, and still was sent down a division when other clubs who did the same thing more or less got away with it, then Juventus can build a case of "culpa" against the FIGC. In other words, a case that goes out to prove that the FIGC are responsible for Juve's losses on grounds of subjective liability. Which will be a case that will only be about compensation, not titles.

That can happen in a civil court, and I suppose that's what Juve wants to do.

But yeah, as for the titles, officially they are staying at Inter now that TNAS has declared itself incompetent. That train has now gone.

EDIT: I think Agnelli has every intention of taking the FIGC to court for compensation. I think that the arranged ("tavolo")-meeting is AA wanting to make a final attempt of getting those scudetti back, as a precaution, or as a way of getting the best of both worlds.

We'll probably get nothing whatsoever, but I like that he's trying.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    I would also just like to point out that the result would've been the same regardless of Moggi being guilty or not. The sports law authorities aren't touching the Calciopoli case ever again. FIGC didn't want to (waited for the statute of limitations to pass) and TNAS etc. are all declaring themselves incompetent.

Moggi guilty, Moggi innocent, it doesn't matter, as the only authorities that can re-assign those titles, simply won't. They will not do it.

We have 2 options left: 1) The table meeting and 2) A civil case seeking compensation.

But after those 2 options have been exhausted, we are moving on, and closing this chapter for good. Empty-handed.

OP
    gsol

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15,418
    My point is that if and when Moggi is cleared our argument (legal or otherwise) will be that we never cheated. At this point, we can't make that argument even amogst fans because Moggi is still seen as guilty (even though it isn't cheating that he's been charged with).

My argument is that it would simply be better for us as fans and to a certain extent the club to have Moggi cleared as opposed to having us cleared and him charged.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    That is of course an important aspect, too, if not the most important aspect of all, besides the legal one. So yeah, absolutely.

Have they (Moggi and his legal team) decided whether or not to appeal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)