Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (52 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Amphetamines would benefit them, but they'd also get caught.

I mean physique as in: the amount of muscle mass they have and their physical performance. Ronaldo is fast, but his sprinting is normal. They both don't run excessively. Neither have body fat percentages that are not achievable through hard work.

There's also no way Ronaldo is tested once or twice a year. Players in Belgium are routinely tested, even those playing in the 2nd and sometimes even 3d division. I personally have a friend who failed a drug test when he was playing 1st division futsal. Also, remember Ronaldo got angry last year because of the repeated testing: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/cristiano-ronaldo-gets-angry-doping-6680391

Armstrong, Lewis or Marion Jones don't even compare to Messi or Ronaldo. They are most likely better athletes and their achievements were tremendous. But in terms of fame they don't come close. Messi and Ronaldo are as well known as Obama. Almost everyone on this Earth knows who they are.

Also remember that these guys don't really have an off season. In other sports it is sometimes possible to tinker with PEDs in training and get off them in time for competition. That is not a possibility with football.

If they cheat, it would almost have to be genetic doping imo.

Last but not least, the presumption of innocence would be nice, dude.
Spain is notoriously lax on doping testing. As in athletes in Spain rarely get tested. UEFA itself does random and very infrequent testing in-season.

You're really over-estimating the amount of drug testing that goes on in professional football. It's one of, if not, the least tested major professional sport there is.

Tons of sports have very very short offseasons. Hockey, basketball, baseball, etc. all have quite brief offseasons. And players in other sports have to be available for random drug tests all year, including out-of-competition. Players are also still caught doping in-season. Not to mention until very very recently there was no reliable or accredited test for blood doping. Only very recently has the plasticizer test been considered reliable.

You're really exaggerating the efficacy of anti-doping. There's a reason Lance Armstrong was able to pass doping tests for years while being the most tested athlete on this planet. Not to mention Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery, amongst others who passed multiple tests with Balco's The Clear before someone sent a sample in and a test was developed.

You're also underestimating the fame of a guy like Barry Bonds in America. Or Lance Armstrong.

That article you quoted doesn't say anything about how often C. Ronaldo actually gets tested. Or even when. Let's not be silly.

Aside from all this, blood doping is still the most beneficial for athletes in sports like football. And still the hardest to catch. Until recently, impossible to catch. And Messi and Ronaldo's ability to play all games in all competitions, with incredibly rarely being subbed out, without overuse injuries points straight at blood doping.

Presumption of innocence in sport is just :rofl:

I've seen it time and again over the years. I guess I should have presumed Ben Johnson was innocent. My Uncle was coaching a national team at the 88 Olympics in Seoul. Steroid use was going on right out in the open for everyone to see and for the first time ever, in that Olympics it was cracked down upon, but only with the most notorious examples. Carl Lewis didn't get caught, Flo Jo didn't get caught, and both were 100% using.

Nowadays it's receded to the shadows. I guess we should have all presumed cycling was clean. Lance Armstrong was clean, because he passed something like 500 doping tests. :rofl:

So naive. These guys are taking everything legal they can, and I'd say the odds are better than 50/50 non-legal performance enhancers are very prevalent in football.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Spain is notoriously lax on doping testing. As in athletes in Spain rarely get tested. UEFA itself does random and very infrequent testing in-season.

You're really over-estimating the amount of drug testing that goes on in professional football. It's one of, if not, the least tested major professional sport there is.

Tons of sports have very very short offseasons. Hockey, basketball, baseball, etc. all have quite brief offseasons. And players in other sports have to be available for random drug tests all year, including out-of-competition. Players are also still caught doping in-season. Not to mention until very very recently there was no reliable or accredited test for blood doping. Only very recently has the plasticizer test been considered reliable.

You're really exaggerating the efficacy of anti-doping. There's a reason Lance Armstrong was able to pass doping tests for years while being the most tested athlete on this planet. Not to mention Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery, amongst others who passed multiple tests with Balco's The Clear before someone sent a sample in and a test was developed.

You're also underestimating the fame of a guy like Barry Bonds in America. Or Lance Armstrong.

That article you quoted doesn't say anything about how often C. Ronaldo actually gets tested. Or even when. Let's not be silly.

Aside from all this, blood doping is still the most beneficial for athletes in sports like football. And still the hardest to catch. Until recently, impossible to catch. And Messi and Ronaldo's ability to play all games in all competitions, with incredibly rarely being subbed out, without overuse injuries points straight at blood doping.

Presumption of innocence in sport is just :rofl:

I've seen it time and again over the years. I guess I should have presumed Ben Johnson was innocent. My Uncle was coaching a national team at the 88 Olympics in Seoul. Steroid use was going on right out in the open for everyone to see and for the first time ever, in that Olympics it was cracked down upon, but only with the most notorious examples. Carl Lewis didn't get caught, Flo Jo didn't get caught, and both were 100% using.

Nowadays it's receded to the shadows. I guess we should have all presumed cycling was clean. Lance Armstrong was clean, because he passed something like 500 doping tests. :rofl:

So naive. These guys are taking everything legal they can, and I'd say the odds are better than 50/50 non-legal performance enhancers are very prevalent in football.

Nothing of what you say here is backed up by facts when it comes to either Ronaldo or Messi. As for them taking everything they can legally.. Well yes, of course. I'm not denying that at all. But just assuming these guys are doping without any evidence whatsoever is stupid. Especially because other than the fact they seem to recover faster than most athletes, nothing about their physical achievements is impossible.

This is vastly different from the world of cycling. EPO gives you a clearcut benefit. Nearly crashing off the road because you're going too fast, when you're riding uphill, is also superhuman. If the achievement itself is superhuman, I'm more inclined to believe that doping is involved. With Messi and Ronaldo, no such thing. They don't run faster than everyone else. They don't run more than everyone else. They don't even really train more than anyone else. Their achievements are world class because of their skill and knowledge of the game. On a physical level however, it is possible to match them without doping.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nothing of what you say here is backed up by facts when it comes to either Ronaldo or Messi. As for them taking everything they can legally.. Well yes, of course. I'm not denying that at all. But just assuming these guys are doping without any evidence whatsoever is stupid. Especially because other than the fact they seem to recover faster than most athletes, nothing about their physical achievements is impossible.

This is vastly different from the world of cycling. EPO gives you a clearcut benefit. Nearly crashing off the road because you're going too fast, when you're riding uphill, is also superhuman. If the achievement itself is superhuman, I'm more inclined to believe that doping is involved. With Messi and Ronaldo, no such thing. They don't run faster than everyone else. They don't run more than everyone else. They don't even really train more than anyone else. Their achievements are world class because of their skill and knowledge of the game. On a physical level however, it is possible to match them without doping.
The Fuentes Operacion Puerto has been linked multiple times to Barca and Madrid. Fuentes himself said he worked with professional football teams. Other athletes mentioned they'd seen very famous professional footballers outside his clinic...

Put 2 and 2 together... It's pretty simple. Doping is prevalent in all performance sports.

Lance Armstrong absolutely crushed a field of competitors who were also doping. Using things like EPO or blood doping doesn't mean anything about Ronaldo or Messi running further in games, or having the ability to run faster in a 100 metre sprint. It's about staying fresh later in games when natural athletes start to tire, and recovering faster between games.... both of these things are heavily apparent with both Ronaldo and Messi, and quite a number of other top players in these Spanish teams. And yes, their ability to play every single game without ever looking fatigued is SUPERHUMAN, as you put it.

- - - Updated - - -

And to set the record straight, even if I think that article was garbage, it was more so the notion that Juventus were the only ones doping at the time, and the drugs listed.

I'd also place good odds that during the 80s and 90s most of the top teams in football were using numerous PEDs with their players. Milan, Inter, Juventus, Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool, ManU, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said though, Seven, I definitely admit to being cynical about drugs in sport.

The funny part is, I think the anti-doping crusade is ridiculous, and PEDs should be allowed in sport at this point. I think the focus should be on removing drugs with serious short or long-term health repercussions, but the usage of everything else should be allowed.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's about staying fresh later in games when natural athletes start to tire, and recovering faster between games.... both of these things are heavily apparent with both Ronaldo and Messi, and quite a number of other top players in these Spanish teams. And yes, their ability to play every single game without ever looking fatigued is SUPERHUMAN, as you put it.
Fuentes :lol: - I'm not going to dignify that with a response. There are obvious reasons why this alone can never be evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of Ronaldo or Messi.

You also leave out the part where both are heavily criticized for running less than every other outfield player. In fact there was a point in time when they were saying Messi ran about as much as a goalkeeper. So they aren't fresh later in the game because of superior abilities. They're fresh because they focus on attacking. Look at Neymar, look at Suarez.. Do these guys look like insane athletes? No, they don't. In fact out of that bunch Ronaldo is the only one who does.

As for them never looking fatigued.. Their consistency is incredible. But Ronaldo has been carrying a knee injury for two years now. And Messi is plagued by muscle injuries. So it's not really true that all these games are not affecting them either.

I think you're too cynical. Would I be surprised if they were doping. No, I wouldn't. But I'm giving these guys the benefit of the doubt. Something I'm not willing to with cyclists anymore tbh.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I kinda suspected Costa Rica last year to be doping, without any real evidence of course.

I mean most of them were basically no-name players with a background where you wouldn't expect them to be amongst the top physically - yet they were head and shoulders above everyone in their group in terms of fitness. Don't get me wrong, I love the underdog story and was rooting for them after they got out of the group, but it did seem as if something was wrong.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The funny part is, I think the anti-doping crusade is ridiculous, and PEDs should be allowed in sport at this point. I think the focus should be on removing drugs with serious short or long-term health repercussions, but the usage of everything else should be allowed.

Well, I can see your point. And with some drugs I guess it might even be beneficial for an athlete's health in the long run. But I guess part of the beauty of sport is being able to identify with the athlete. You don't really get that if he's on 30,000 dollar drugs and you're not.

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda suspected Costa Rica last year to be doping, without any real evidence of course.

I mean most of them were basically no-name players with a background where you wouldn't expect them to be amongst the top physically - yet they were head and shoulders above everyone in their group in terms of fitness. Don't get me wrong, I love the underdog story and was rooting for them after they got out of the group, but it did seem as if something was wrong.
You mean last year or in the World Cup? Because perhaps they were favoured by the climate during the WC. Especially considering they played Italy (it gets hot, but not with that kind of humidity) and England (barren wasteland).

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
You mean last year or in the World Cup? Because perhaps they were favoured by the climate during the WC. Especially considering they played Italy (it gets hot, but not with that kind of humidity) and England (barren wasteland).
...with most of them having played in Europe for years, and not standing out physically in any way.

I'd like my suspicions to be wrong, but I can't really get them out of my head :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Fuentes :lol: - I'm not going to dignify that with a response. There are obvious reasons why this alone can never be evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of Ronaldo or Messi.

You also leave out the part where both are heavily criticized for running less than every other outfield player. In fact there was a point in time when they were saying Messi ran about as much as a goalkeeper. So they aren't fresh later in the game because of superior abilities. They're fresh because they focus on attacking. Look at Neymar, look at Suarez.. Do these guys look like insane athletes? No, they don't. In fact out of that bunch Ronaldo is the only one who does.

As for them never looking fatigued.. Their consistency is incredible. But Ronaldo has been carrying a knee injury for two years now. And Messi is plagued by muscle injuries. So it's not really true that all these games are not affecting them either.

I think you're too cynical. Would I be surprised if they were doping. No, I wouldn't. But I'm giving these guys the benefit of the doubt. Something I'm not willing to with cyclists anymore tbh.
:tup:

I'm just not willing to do it with any athletes at all. With every single sport we see it... As drug testing gets more prevalent, positive tests skyrocket. And none of these sports have tests for certain kinds of blood doping, because there is no test for Autologous Blood doping. Or not one that is currently reliable enough to sanction athletes for. Freezing and later injecting your own blood for a higher red-blood cell count has made a huge comeback in sport since the test for EPO appeared in 2000. It's illegal, but there's no currently WADA approved test for it. And this is what I see as prevalent at major clubs in football. As it would be hugely beneficial and impossible to detect.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I can see your point. And with some drugs I guess it might even be beneficial for an athlete's health in the long run. But I guess part of the beauty of sport is being able to identify with the athlete. You don't really get that if he's on 30,000 dollar drugs and you're not.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Good point. Although, with the sport science involved in current top-level athletics, and the money involved it's pretty hard to identify at this point considering they train far more and far beyond the ability of any human with a day job. :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah. Good point. Although, with the sport science involved in current top-level athletics, and the money involved it's pretty hard to identify at this point considering they train far more and far beyond the ability of any human with a day job. :D
True. I don't know why, but I feel like professional sports will start to change a lot in the coming years. The NFL for example is probably fighting for its existence as we speak.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah, I think this is really going to hurt them. Once a sport is linked with severe and irreparable bodily harm it is going to end sooner or later.
It's gonna harm them a lot for sure, but fighting for existence is a hyperbowl imo. It's still a hugely popular sport (building up a pretty big fanbase aborad atm too), and as long as the money is there, there'll be players too.

Though I think things such as Marshawn Lynch (top level player retiring a coupld years early) will happen much more frequently.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's gonna harm them a lot for sure, but fighting for existence is a hyperbowl imo. It's still a hugely popular sport (building up a pretty big fanbase aborad atm too), and as long as the money is there, there'll be players too.

Though I think things such as Marshawn Lynch (top level player retiring a coupld years early) will happen much more frequently.
Lol.

It's not going to end right now. And not in the next 5 years either. But eventually people will be less interested. You'll get top level athletes quitting, parents who refuse to let their children play the game.. It's going to be tough imo.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Lol.

It's not going to end right now. And not in the next 5 years either. But eventually people will be less interested. You'll get top level athletes quitting, parents who refuse to let their children play the game.. It's going to be tough imo.
What a typo :lol:

Yeah it can potentially harm their popularity a whole lot (especially if young kids really turn away from football and towards other sports), but look at boxing, health risks are even more severe and very well known for decades, and it still exists and is fairly popular.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
True. I don't know why, but I feel like professional sports will start to change a lot in the coming years. The NFL for example is probably fighting for its existence as we speak.
:agree:

And the problem isn't even going to be at the NFL level, even with multi-billion dollar lawsuits over things like CTE and their seeming neglect and disregard for player safety until the last couple years.

It's going to happen at high school and college level, because while the NFL makes enough money to deal with their lawsuits and other such things, once these issues and lawsuits reach earlier levels, they're going to shut down high school programs.

Unless radical new helmet design happens in sports like American football and hockey and takes the concussion issue out of the equation, those sports are in trouble long term.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What a typo :lol:

Yeah it can potentially harm their popularity a whole lot (especially if young kids really turn away from football and towards other sports), but look at boxing, health risks are even more severe and very well known for decades, and it still exists and is fairly popular.
Fairly popular. While I personally know a few boxers I only know one who still participates in fights. Most I know used to, but now only train out of fear for brain injuries. As for the public's interest in boxing, you had Mayweather and Pacquaio, but generally fights don't get the same attention they did years ago. At least not in Europe.

Besides with boxing everyone is aware of the risks. With football not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

And the problem isn't even going to be at the NFL level, even with multi-billion dollar lawsuits over things like CTE and their seeming neglect and disregard for player safety until the last couple years.

It's going to happen at high school and college level, because while the NFL makes enough money to deal with their lawsuits and other such things, once these issues and lawsuits reach earlier levels, they're going to shut down high school programs.

Unless radical new helmet design happens in sports like American football and hockey and takes the concussion issue out of the equation, those sports are in trouble long term.
You're right. The problem is going to be what happens before an athlete reaches the NFL. Parents won't sign up their children for the sport. High school athletes will drop out after a first concussion. At the college level they might drop out because suddenly it is really getting rough. They might have pushed on before, but hesitate now.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Inter got named in the Panama Papers :howler:

I'm guessing we weren't named or else we would have seen it everywhere by now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)