calcio, is it really boring?? (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I think it was Martin who said it best 'Serie A is too cynical', the smaller teams go to place just to solely defend and rarely attack, and unfortuantly some people see that as a good thing, you can say as much as you want about teams in England having crap defences, I wonder if they'd be that bad if they like some italian teams set there line-ups solely for defending...

roma-lazio is always a great game, and normally a great result...damn you di canio!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
how can you want to watch something boring? rather then (regardless of what teams are playing, or what country etc etc) that is exciting??? that is someone who is very, very sad...

do you collect stamps???

Len

Feb 13, 2004
No way!

Goals are why people watch football....... I'd curse my self if I went to a game that ended 0-0...

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
how can you want to watch something boring? rather then (regardless of what teams are playing, or what country etc etc) that is exciting??? that is someone who is very, very sad...

do you collect stamps???
I don't want to see goals like Chelsea, Liverpool final... this is what I meant...

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Yes, they were all poacher goals, but so what? They were a few out of what? 90 odd or something between them (guess)...I take it ALL of Juve's goals have been brilliant this season? And none whatsoever have been tap-ins?

I could think of loads of goals by Chelsea and Liverpool that havent been like that...so to pick 4 goals out of all them to prove that in EPL 'scrappy' goals are scored is just crap!

Dec 26, 2004
Would ya plz notice that I've said we see MORE of likes of these goals I haven't say ALL...
Believe me if Del Piero played in the EPL he will score a better goal than his 1st against Siena every 2 week....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
I would preffer to see a 0-0 match between Juve and Milan than watching a 5-3 match between ManUtd and Liverpool with a crapy goals....
or the 4-2 manchester Arsenal,

Their defence absolutly sucks...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Then dont, Chelsea and Liverpool are crap, and completely inept at attacking football, so why watch them???
Chelsea leading the table and Crap?? how come???

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
Would ya plz notice that I've said we see MORE of likes of these goals I haven't say ALL...
Believe me if Del Piero played in the EPL he will score a better goal than his 1st against Siena every 2 week....
yep, or if Sheva plays in EPL, his average goal would be atleast 40 per season..

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
He failed in Italy and made an almost instant impact in the EPL,that should say something.It's true that he played as a winger here,but that's his accustomed role in the NT and given his repertiore of skills he should have made it here.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
He failed in Italy and made an almost instant impact in the EPL,that should say something.It's true that he played as a winger here,but that's his accustomed role in the NT and given his repertiore of skills he should have made it here.
Mutu made it in the serie a but didnt in England the same goes for Veron and Crespo.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Veron was set up to fail moving to the EPL. Natural playmakers cannot thrive in the EPL because the game is not suited for them, being too ugly and haphazard. The EPL has the least amount of South Americans in the top five leagues, and there is a good reason for that. They understand that if they want to play good football, they will go to either Italy or Spain. Crespo and Veron were just caught up in the moneybags.

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
Jan 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
being too ugly and haphazard.
or maybe its just to fast paced and they need to much time on the ball and space to do something.

Natural playmakers can thrive in england btw. Do some research.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Blandest ] ++

or maybe its just to fast paced and they need to much time on the ball and space to do something.
Yes of course. Although space is not something you get freely in the other top leagues as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)