bwahahahaha, Poor Micco!!! (2 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Miccoli 'betrayed' by Fiorentina
Saturday 2 July, 2005
Fabrizio Miccoli has broken his silence on the troubled return to Juve and has slammed Fiorentina for ‘betraying’ him.

“They say in my hometown Lecce that my mentor was director of sport Pantaleo Corvino, but as of Tuesday we are finished,” said the striker in a fiery interview with the ‘Corriere dello Sport’. “There’s no turning back now.”

Miccoli had said that being forced to come back to Juventus at the end of his co-ownership deal would be “a tragedy,” but the method of his dispatch was what hurt the most. The two clubs went into a blind auction – where each puts a figure into a sealed envelope and the highest bid wins the remaining 50 per cent of his contract – and the Viola offer was surprisingly low.

“Corvino rang me up one minute after the envelopes were opened and said, ‘We were unlucky.’ They offered £1m – that’s not unlucky, that’s just not even trying! Had they told me beforehand then I could’ve added another £1m from my own pocket to stay in Florence.”

Bianconeri transfer guru Luciano Moggi later crowed that he had signed the remaining half of both Miccoli and Enzo Maresca from Fiorentina for a combined £1.6m and the fans were furious.

“All our meetings about the future concerned my tactical position and how I was a key element to next season’s squad. It was all words,” continued Miccoli. “It was all going so well that I even asked if I could wear the captain’s armband. I’d have been so proud.”

The former Perugia player has put the blame for this situation squarely on director Corvino and was not shy about expressing that sentiment.

“This isn’t the first time that Corvino has treated me like this,” he slammed. “I recall when I first arrived that the Della Valle brothers told me, ‘In this club we value the man more than the player.’ In that respect, I don’t think I let them down.”

Fiorentina director of sport Corvino responded to the accusations. “The story that has been told is simply untrue. In our work, we must take into account the interests of the fans and the club.”

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    ah fvck it, I didn't realize how many Micco threads we got.

Apologies.

Gray please do your job, but don't kick me:D

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    exactly....when he was playing with them, he was talking as if he's living in paradise.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
    Well guesse i kinda feel bad for him, like next season they were gonna give him the captains armband, but its karma, what goes around comes around. Now hes probably gonna be traded to arsenal for the pires and viera thing.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Micco for Viera or Pires? Wenger aint that Stupid i guess, But who knows.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    There's a saying that if everyone you meet you think is an $@#hole, chances are that it is you that is the $@#hole.

Miccoli needs to start asking why it seems that every club he joins seems to betray him. It's getting to be an old routine with this guy.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
    You implying that he is a totti type player, not that hard to imagine since these two clubs seem to dump him, but i still feel bad for him because he is such a huge potential

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
    LOl nice one but i think hell do pretty good in an enviorment like Roma so he can be with his bud Totti they can talk about how they wanna win things

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
    You implying that he is a totti type player, not that hard to imagine since these two clubs seem to dump him, but i still feel bad for him because he is such a huge potential
    I didn't intend to characterize him as the Totti type. But this sort of underscores that Miccoli, while clearly a talent and I personally thought he was our best-effort forward in '03-'04, may think a little too highly of himself.

It illustrates a real gap between what he thinks he is worth and what everyone else thinks he's worth. Which justifies why Juve wouldn't consider him first team material, because he isn't. But in his own mind...

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Little garden knome should keep that fat mouth of his shut!! He's only gonna get dicked on. We're gonna use him for trading. Especially saying it'll be a tragedy going back to juve, after he slagged us off!! ha gutted mate your back now!! you dont really look like a mug do you! G'on GET OUT!!!

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
    Miccoli 'betrayed' by Fiorentina
    Saturday 2 July, 2005
    Fabrizio Miccoli has broken his silence on the troubled return to Juve and has slammed Fiorentina for ‘betraying’ him.

“They say in my hometown Lecce that my mentor was director of sport Pantaleo Corvino, but as of Tuesday we are finished,” said the striker in a fiery interview with the ‘Corriere dello Sport’. “There’s no turning back now.”

Miccoli had said that being forced to come back to Juventus at the end of his co-ownership deal would be “a tragedy,” but the method of his dispatch was what hurt the most. The two clubs went into a blind auction – where each puts a figure into a sealed envelope and the highest bid wins the remaining 50 per cent of his contract – and the Viola offer was surprisingly low.

“Corvino rang me up one minute after the envelopes were opened and said, ‘We were unlucky.’ They offered £1m – that’s not unlucky, that’s just not even trying! Had they told me beforehand then I could’ve added another £1m from my own pocket to stay in Florence.”

Bianconeri transfer guru Luciano Moggi later crowed that he had signed the remaining half of both Miccoli and Enzo Maresca from Fiorentina for a combined £1.6m and the fans were furious.

“All our meetings about the future concerned my tactical position and how I was a key element to next season’s squad. It was all words,” continued Miccoli. “It was all going so well that I even asked if I could wear the captain’s armband. I’d have been so proud.”

The former Perugia player has put the blame for this situation squarely on director Corvino and was not shy about expressing that sentiment.

“This isn’t the first time that Corvino has treated me like this,” he slammed. “I recall when I first arrived that the Della Valle brothers told me, ‘In this club we value the man more than the player.’ In that respect, I don’t think I let them down.”

Fiorentina director of sport Corvino responded to the accusations. “The story that has been told is simply untrue. In our work, we must take into account the interests of the fans and the club.”

The fellow talks too much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)