Burqa (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2006
In the end, it's not about the people who are religious, but religions themselves. Specifically, theistic religions, and not the ones like Buddhism or Jainism who believe there is no God, creator or heaven and hell.

You know, I think I'll write a blog post about my religious views just to clear things up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Exactly
One of my grandmas that comes from southern Balkans wore it too. She also had a cross tattooed between the eyebrows :D
Like this woman:

I loved my grandma. Her cross was tattooed to protect her from the Turks, even though the Turks left 4 years before she was born :lol:
She was "sick and going to die anytime" ever since I knew her but she still managed to die at 92.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Exactly
One of my grandmas that comes from southern Balkans wore it too. She also had a cross tattooed between the eyebrows :D
Like this woman:

I loved my grandma. Her cross was tattooed to protect her from the Turks, even though the Turks left 4 years before she was born :lol:
She was "sick and going to die anytime" ever since I knew her but she still managed to die at 92.
Were Turks vampires then?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Were Turks vampires then?
One of the versions I heard was that the Turks didn't even come close to the girls with a cross on their forehead, so there was no danger the girl to be abducted by some Turkish bey. At least that's what my grandmother was telling me. Later I found out that the reasons for that tattoo were different and the cross was tattooed even before the Turks came in the Balkans.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Exactly
Like this woman:

tough cookie :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
In the end, it's not about the people who are religious, but religions themselves. Specifically, theistic religions, and not the ones like Buddhism or Jainism who believe there is no God, creator or heaven and hell.

You know, I think I'll write a blog post about my religious views just to clear things up.

wrong both are offshoots of hinduism, with gods demi-gods demons, sukkha dukkha no different

Apr 15, 2006
wrong both are offshoots of hinduism, with gods demi-gods demons, sukkha dukkha no different
No different? :D Come one. The difference is obvious. Hinduism is a polytheistic religion. There really are no Gods or creation myth in Buddhism and Jainism. Sukkha and dukkha just means tranquillity and suffering. 2 human emotions that is common to everyone. Achieving tranquillity and peace and avoiding or ending suffering is a much more believable concept than heaven or hell. They don't have a holy book similar to the Bible, Quran, Gita or Torah. And at least their moral values and guidelines to live a good life are clearer than anything else I've heard or read.

Oh they are different alright.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
No different? :D Come one. The difference is obvious. Hinduism is a polytheistic religion. There really are no Gods or creation myth in Buddhism and Jainism. Sukkha and dukkha just means tranquillity and suffering. 2 human emotions that is common to everyone. Achieving tranquillity and peace and avoiding or ending suffering is a much more believable concept than heaven or hell. They don't have a holy book similar to the Bible, Quran, Gita or Torah. And at least their moral values and guidelines to live a good life are clearer than anything else I've heard or read.

Oh they are different alright.
judaism doesnt have a hell per se, and christians dont have a consensus of what 'hell' is, the majority beleive hell is the absence of God i.e peace and tranquility. all dogmas preach more or less the same but you can choose to read what you want in anything.

N.B: buddhism has a holy book with sutras and all

Apr 15, 2006
judaism doesnt have a hell per se, and christians dont have a consensus of what 'hell' is, the majority beleive hell is the absence of God i.e peace and tranquility. all dogmas preach more or less the same but you can choose to read what you want in anything.

N.B: buddhism has a holy book with sutras and all
Deneb, are you kidding me? I've not heard even one Christian or Muslim claim that heaven is just a state of being in peace and tranquillity. Not one. So I've just been dreaming up all this shit about a fiery pit with endless burning and suffering, lake of fire and the full of smoke kind of description of Hell? The claim of an afterlife? Paradise, beautiful trees, animals, birds, I'm just dreaming this stuff up? Am I the delusional psycho here? FFS!

Yes, there is a book of sutras and mantras, but does it have mythical, non-sensical stories about men born from virgins, parting seas, beheading their son and amalgamating him with the head of an elephant! They may be books, but what they claim is completely different. It's not about choosing what you read it. It's about what is actually written there. And to me, the difference is obvious.

I gotta ask you, are you just trolling?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I've been taught at least the basics of these religions(Islam and Judaism aside) in school to know the difference. They are not similar. They may have a few things in common, but they seem to go about it different ways. I do not need to read the books all over to know this.
dont read their 'books', but books on the subject. and for comparative religions i recommend joseph campbell(he has a lot of lectures on youtube)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Deneb, are you kidding me? I've not heard even one Christian or Muslim claim that heaven is just a state of being in peace and tranquillity.
I do. People who call themselves Christians who believe that "heaven" can be in the here and now on this earth.

dont read their 'books', but books on the subject. and for comparative religions i recommend joseph campbell(he has a lot of lectures on youtube)
Joseph Campbell rules. :mark:

Apr 15, 2006
I'd rethink the idea of starting a blog on 'religious views' Sheik.

:lol:
I wouldn't. It's just an outlet of my idea and opinions about the matter. I know that I don't know everything about it. I know that I can be wrong about certain things. But that's exactly what I expect from all this. I'm still in the process of forming a solid opinion TBH, and such discussions always help as long as I keep an open mind and not let emotions take over (which I admit I let happen a few posts back). I don't expect to get theology, let alone anything else, right in the first attempt. :)

@deneb: That's what I feel too. I think of it as fear-mongering sometimes. :D :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)