Burqa (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Naturally, we don't. But that's the beauty of religion. Wave a holy book and the word of God to people, and they'll accept the discrimination in order to please him. And every woman who continues to wear the burqa supports this statement.
Out of humor, why is the burqa discriminative in your eyes while a veil isn't? Shouldn't man also wear a veil so the sex equality could finally be?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 15, 2006
Out of humor, why is the burqa discriminative in your eyes while a veil isn't? Shouldn't man also wear a veil so the sex equality could finally be?
Well the veil also covers the head and the mouth, and only reveals the eyes, right? If so, then I'm against it too. At least a hijab is respectable, and at least shows the face.

I would love it if Allah asked the men to wear it too. So ask the same question to him, not me.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Well the veil also covers the head and the mouth, and only reveals the eyes, right? If so, then I'm against it too. At least a hijab is respectable, and at least shows the face.

I would love it if Allah asked the men to wear it too. So ask the same question to him, not me.
No. Veil and hijjab are the same thing. Though burqa is considered a type of veil.

You solely accused Burqa of being discriminative because only one sex "have" to wear it. Now why didn't you apply the same idea on hijjab since it too doesn't apply for man? I'll tell you why, because your issue isn't about discrimination here but about not standing that burqa look, which leads me to the fact that all this like Salvo said is based on the islamophobia and only due to that you're having issues regarding this. It's not oppressed woman, nor worrying about discrimination, it's about hating the look and blaming it on anything possible.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
sheik for the nth time nobody cares how you feel about somebody doing it, thats irrelevant. I suggest you open a thread about how angry you are towards religion and let your musings known there, you have not answered any argument presented to you and have only retorted with what you feel 'sane' humans should act and be like. And though the motives are obviously to score political points with islamophobes, the issue itself is not religious.

Attachments

Apr 15, 2006
No. Veil and hijjab are the same thing. Though burqa is considered a type of veil.

You solely accused Burqa of being discriminative because only one sex "have" to wear it. Now why didn't you apply the same idea on hijjab since it too doesn't apply for man? I'll tell you why, because your issue isn't about discrimination here but about not standing that burqa look, which leads me to the fact that all this like Salvo said is based on the islamophobia and only due to that you're having issues regarding this. It's not oppressed woman, nor worrying about discrimination, it's about hating the look and blaming it on anything possible.
Hijab, veil, burqa... Man fuck this jargon. I'm ok with covering the head, but not the face, eyes our mouth to the extent that the face becomes unrecognizable. I don't care what name you want to call it.

Islamophobia? Really? :sergio: :disagree:

And didn't you read my last post properly? I said I'd love it if the men wore it too! What the fuck are you on about?

@Deneb: How is the burqa NOT a religious thing? I think it is completely relevant. You, on the other hand, are the one who pops in sporadically and contributes nothing to the argument!

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Wow. How one can make a big deal out of what people CHOOSE to wear, amazes me. Sure, just let whores wander around with minimum clothing and deny women who have selfrespect and faith enough to cover theirselves to wear whatever the fuck they want. Aren't there enough important problems to take care of? Or is this one of them, part III of the heroic "War on Terror"?

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Hijab, veil, burqa... Man fuck this jargon. I'm ok with covering the head, but not the face, eyes our mouth to the extent that the face becomes unrecognizable. I don't care what name you want to call it.

You're contradicting yourself here buddy. First you said you were against it when woman are forced to wear it, and when we told you that many wear it out of pure belief you switched to the discrimination calling for equality between men and woman in duties that God asks. Now I ask you, how can you accept hijjab under these circumstances but not veil? And you've just answered me the way I expected, you clearly have a problem with the layout of the Burqa; covering the face. And the reason you don't feel the same way about veil is because you're somewhat used to seeing it where you grew up and live.

Had you grew up in an environment where Burqa isn't as odd as it is where you live you probably wouldn't have such a hard time accepting it.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
what argument? how about i play your mightier than thou attitude and plainly admit that its even a joke for me to argue this with you as you have no idea what this is about, you got stomped with a one liner. i dont skirmish on religion as i dont care for that and have way better things to do than spend my waking hours on this drivel, sorry if i had to take it to you but you really need to stop as with every irrelevant redundancy of yours you re just coming off a bigger clown, ever heard of legal argument? coz thats the name of the game here.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008

And didn't you read my last post properly? I said I'd love it if the men wore it too! What the fuck are you on about?

@Deneb: How is the burqa NOT a religious thing? I think it is completely relevant. You, on the other hand, are the one who pops in sporadically and contributes nothing to the argument!
Not to be rude but, why the hell do you care? Nobody cares if you are "ok with it". Let people do whatever they want, doesn't affect you does it?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think the underlying message is that Sheik wants women around the world to only adhere to his dress code as it pleases the Sheik. :oops:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Thanks for noticing that. :)

I'm not necessarily against women's decision to cover her face, but I'm against a God that gives so much importance to a persons looks. Judging someone by what they wear is something that is human, and not divine. Like I said in another thread, someone as divine as God does not need such means to judge someone's faith. He can simply do by reading their mind, or spying on people with his omnipresence while they're praying or worshipping him in their room.IMO, judging by appearance is not something that a supreme God would do . If I was God, I wouldn't do it. I'm just saying that these stupid rules are made by men in Gods name.
:wth: You clearly don't know the concept of purdah.

Why don't men wear burqas?
Men don't have the same physique as women (I shouldn't have to explain this fact). So a full body covering is not prescribed for men. However purdah is prescribed for men. Men are told to restrain their looks.

Then what is your justification other than God?

Cos the men go around killing the infidels to show their faith in God. Also, maybe the Qur'an doesn't ask the men to wear one either.
Is there any justification for this comment? Do you know any of the Muslim members on here to be condone this type of mentality and behavior? Lacks class and respect when you say things like this honestly.

I don't think the Koran asks women to wear it either.
Burqa? No. Neither does it have to be the Persian, Indonesian, Turkish, etc. type of purdah/hijab. But the concept of covering oneself is in the Qur'an.

These types of questions will get you nowhere. Silly question.

If men were asked to wear the hijab you would be asking "why aren't women supposed to wear it?"

It's obvious why women have to wear it and not men. It's like why the WNBA has different rules than the NBA or why womens tennis has different rules than mens tennis, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)